Xbox 360 or PS3?

RevellBikes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am most likely going to be getting one of these and I am kind of leaning towards the PS3.

If people have one or have had experiences with both could you please tell me which one you like better?

Which is better of the two? I have heard the PS3 is?.

Steve's_Sky1

Likes Dirt
i've played on a Xbox 360 before but i haven't used the ps3 yet :( i'd get a 360 because then you get get xbox live which you do for a month lol. Then you can play other gamer's around the world in that game if it does support live.

AMBURGERS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
all my rich public school friend who have one of each sais the X-box is way better than the ps3. if this is of any help....

RevellBikes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i've played on a Xbox 360 before but i haven't used the ps3 yet :( i'd get a 360 because then you get get xbox live which you do for a month lol. Then you can play other gamer's around the world in that game if it does support live.
From what I have heard you can play online with the PS3 also, for free. And not just for one month. But Im not completely sure..

PS3, Enough Said unless you want to play halo 3 which isn't very good.
Alot of people have said the PS3 is better.

And im not really caring for halo 3.

demo9pro

Likes Dirt
Back when I was studying and lived by my self (lots of spare time) I bought both, a 360 and PS3. Had the 360 for 2 months before the PS and when I got the new PS I sold the 360. You can play almost every game you get online. Right now I got Call of duty 4 and its the most awesomest game ever!

Dont waste your money and the passed, spend your money on the future and you wont regret it! lol

AND

PS3 has got BLURAY so you can also watch some pretty awesome quality movies if you have a tv with full 1080 HD.

PS has better games, better graphics, awesome online gaming.

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Back when I was studying and lived by my self (lots of spare time) I bought both, a 360 and PS3. Had the 360 for 2 months before the PS and when I got the new PS I sold the 360. You can play almost every game you get online. Right now I got Call of duty 4 and its the most awesomest game ever!

Dont waste your money and the passed, spend your money on the future and you wont regret it! lol

AND

PS3 has got BLURAY so you can also watch some pretty awesome quality movies if you have a tv with full 1080 HD.

i'd have to agree with you, call of duty four is just about the best game, (kicks the Sh*t out of halo 3)

can you play against people on PC's online. X-box can but you have to pay for both ends, you've got to pay for x-box live and for windows live i beleive.

PS3 All the way

RevellBikes

Likes Bikes and Dirt

AND

Thanks for that replie! I was after something like that. I wont have a high definition TV but once I get the console I will save up and get one for my room.

Have you played any car games? What is need for speed pro street like?

I have played juiced 2 and that is pritty wikkid.

I have heard alot about call of duty 4 also!

Also Demo, do you have to pay to play online on the PS3? I have heard it is for free?..

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Yup, got myself a PS3 a few days ago and I have to say it's the shit. Easy to use, the online support is ace (COD 4 has destroyed my social life) and as I found out a couple of days ago you can plug an external hard drive in and watch avi and mpeg files. This meas I no longer have to watch episodes of Dexter or movies on my laptop. TBH I'm contemplating getting a USB keyboard for it and using it for the internets as well....

demo9pro

Likes Dirt
Im using my PS3 right now, as I type this. I dont even need a computer any more! lol, its all free, you can also DL games from the PS3 shop online.

Ive not really played many car games, ive only got the F1 game and also Need for speed carbon and I think that they are actually quite good. The F1 game is pretty sweet, and its very realistic. I was quite suprised by the quality of this game actually.

I got a 52" Sony X-Series LCD which is Sony's best LCD out right now with full 1080 resolution and I set it up with 7:1 Surround sound and let me tell you. Its like your actually in the game.

You can actually get a 40" sony and bonus playstation from a few stores around the place. If you want to go all out. But on normal TV's its also very good and you dont need a LCD tv.

OH, and go the 60gig, not the 40 if you can afford it. I use myn as a media station too, lots of dvd's photo's etc.

RevellBikes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
OH, and go the 60gig, not the 40 if you can afford it. I use myn as a media station too, lots of dvd's photo's etc.

Do you know how much extra the 60 gig is?

I wont be paying the full price either. At stores where I live they do trade in's, like a Xbox console and 10 games but we are going to try and get a deal working.

morgo_mpx

Likes Dirt
Ok, now half the crap here is just fanboyism.

I have played all three of them and have research them aswell.
PS3 is good. The cell processor is fast but is designed for one thing which game speed reduction like loading times. Although this is great once game because more diverse and technical the PS3 wont perform as greatly.
The gfx processor in it is good, but only good.
Bluray is the biggest waste of money. Yes a bluray disc can hold 52gb but it wont get utalised since most games are made by third party designers and are made for all three consoles. It will cost too much for them to change the game to fill in the spaces on the bluray disc.
PS3 also has the 6 axis motion sensing system but if you want that you should get a wii for it is far better on that.

Xbox360 is also good. The processor isnt as fast but it is fast. Due to its three cores instead of 1 master core and 7minor cores like in the PS3 and can due EVERYTHING well. The HD DVD is good but it is a ripoff how if you want to watch HD DVD you have to get an external player. But its made for gaming, watching dvds is just an extra.

Personally i like the wii the best because it is made for gaming and is cheap.
The PS3 is too pricey for what you get but so is the Xbox360. But the xbox is closer to what it should be.

It all depends on the games really because you arnt playing with the console menus and gadgetry, you are playing the games.

And if someone tries to come back at me with the Xbox overheating thing, i can simply say that the new xbox consoles(after july 2007) dont have this problem since they run the new falcon chipset.

I would get the Xbox360, because it is better for the price. And with the spare money you can get GH3, is and awesome game.

Steve's_Sky1

Likes Dirt
X-box can but you have to pay for both ends, you've got to pay for x-box live and for windows live i beleive.
yes you do have to pay Xbox live but windows live?? Windows live what the hell is that?? never heard such thing. Except for Windows live Messenger:confused::confused:

Last edited:

cameron_15

Eats Squid
yes you do have to pay Xbox live but windows live?? Windows live what the hell is that?? never heard such thing. Except for Windows live Messanger:confused::confused:
my brother told me about it yesterday, it allows people using windows to play onlne against poeple using x-boxes. i just went and had a look at it then.

morgo_mpx

Likes Dirt
windows live is a program so you get play on pc against xbox360s. The problem is that you need vista which is crap and atm there is only one game i know of that uses it and that is Dark Massiah.

cameron_15

Eats Squid
windows live is a program so you get play on pc against xbox360s. The problem is that you need vista which is crap and atm there is only one game i know of that uses it and that is Dark Massiah.
nah you dont need vista, my brother is using it on xp home, theres a couple of games that work on it like halo 3 and gears of war. but yeh, it sucks because you have to pay.

demo9pro

Likes Dirt
Omg lol Cant believe someone just said, Wii is better then PS3.

40gig is $699 and 60gig is $999, I believe the prices have now dropped a bit tho.

EB-Games does all that trading stuff.

I also believe there are some other differences between the 40 and 60, just ask one of the geeks instore lol

Maybe someone here will know?