XC & DH Build Day Awaba 19/04

tranceup

Likes Dirt
Guys and Girls,
The next build day for both DH and XC has been slated for the 19th April. DH will be more of a maintenance day with plenty of work needed so it would be good to see a few people out there.
XC is more of the same...make some more trail in time for both the Vestal Virgin 10hr and also April Club round.
Get out there and get dirty, weather has been kind to us and dirt should be much easier to work with now.

wittman13

Likes Dirt
Well I will be doing my best to be there for the XC.

Is there a plan of the next lot of trail work? I think there is a large amount to be done before the vestral is held.

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
Part of the plan is to close the current loop so Jenkins Road is not required.

I also want to push a section of single trail from Frogmouth road through to the next bit of fire road, it is about 300-400m in length but will add about 1km to the loop.

In the map below, the green was the last race track.

We intend to complete the section marked "complete this section" as well as constructing one of the other two sections marked. I'd prefer to use the fork in Frog Mouth to get to the upper leg of the trail (left hand trail of the two options) which leaves a nice run along S-Bend Road, but we will have to see what is the easier option to build.

Attachments

tranceup

Likes Dirt
sorry lads, gunna have to pull out of this one too now. Way too much manual labour this week and me needs a break this weekend. Catch you at the next club round.
Soft ass Steve signing out

wittman13

Likes Dirt
Time?

Anyone know what time is the planned kick off tomorrow? 7:30 or 8 or some other time?

Thanks in Advance,
Dan

sammydog

Meet between 7:30 - 8am for the XC in the carpark.

Work will be on the link from Frogmouth Road to the existing single trail along Jenkins road (which will mean the bog/swamp and Jenkins Road is avoided) and also work on the run out of the new bridge down to the ant hill to remove some of the off camber and improve the flow of the trail.

Line into the new bridge needs to be sorted as well, but the bridge is HUGE. Tidy work to Rick our Senior Bridge Engineer and Construction Crew.

I spent this afternoon out there doing some work. I had intended to mow in some new single trail but the mother of all gullies (and a mower that wouldn't start) put an end to that. Started fixing some benching and started a new berm after the new bridge.

It was still very dry out there as well, so it should be good for building tomorrow.

Only down side is that there has been a bit of moto action on the new stuff.

wittman13

Likes Dirt
Sorry guys,

I can't be there either, Currently in Vietnam. I won't even get to run the next club round :(
That would have to be the weakest excuse ever! ;)

Good turn out again. It would seam that a fair amount of roughing in took place today. I didn't get back to see if an of the benching was done after the initial pass through.

Lenny,
I was you there for about 5 seconds with your usual appendage on your back. Will the sections thatwere cut in today need further work before the next round or the Vestral? I may be able to oblige with an hour or two next saturday, but I have plans to be in st Albans the following weekend.

Cheers,
Dan

sammydog

I'll stick some photos up of the work tonight, but I am excited about the new section.

Got some great shots of some fully loaded leaches as well.

That would have to be the weakest excuse ever! ;)

Good turn out again. It would seam that a fair amount of roughing in took place today. I didn't get back to see if an of the benching was done after the initial pass through.

Lenny,
I was you there for about 5 seconds with your usual appendage on your back. Will the sections thatwere cut in today need further work before the next round or the Vestral? I may be able to oblige with an hour or two next saturday, but I have plans to be in st Albans the following weekend.

Cheers,
Dan
Dan, the plan is to use the new section for the race next week. We dropped a few logs across the lower section of Frogmouth to keep the moto's out, so we will need to use the new trail.

When I left it looked like it needed a little filling in of holes and things, but would be rideable, just slow till it beds in. I'm guessing with a little traffic and some tweeking to the benches the new stuff will be fine.

If you want to do some work next saturday though, let me know. I'll bring my bike and some tools and get a ride and trail work in.

ronster44

Likes Dirt
Yer road the new stuff after we finished, some work needed on the first 50 metres after you entry of frogmouth it is a bit norrow need some pruning of foliage but most of it was ridable. A big ups to the berms after the big bridge you can maintain some speed thought there now. I clocked it at 2.9km from where the cars were parked and back, all in all I think a few laps at the next club round it will bed in nicely.

sammydog

Thats cool, the rest of the trail is around the 2.5km mark so we have in the order of 5.5km - 6km in a loop.

The next chunks of Single trail to S-Bend road are only a few hundred metres long but will start to really stretch the trail distance.

Seriously looking good out there though.

The two man berm crew were doing some serious earth moving and bolder relocation. Their work was sweet and they have plans for a few other sections as well.

Pictures coming shortly for those who weren't there.

wittman13

Likes Dirt
If you want to do some work next saturday though, let me know. I'll bring my bike and some tools and get a ride and trail work in.
Lenny,

What time is good for you? I am trying to tee up some other guys to come and possibly help out. I am thinking of bringing some beers for the workers and to commemorate Anzac Day.

Any other takers?