XC saddle - racing the focus

workmx

Banned
WTB Devo Ti saddles (I got mine for $50 each)
Where? Please inform me!
In the bargain bin at a couple of bike stores in Canberra (Onya Bike Belco and Fyshwick).

It seems Giant specced this saddle on a few bikes in their range in 2007 (?).

There are a lot of them floating around.

It seems a fair few riders changed the saddle to their personal fav before taking their bike home.

Last edited:

a_hargy

Likes Dirt
ive got a tundra on my anthem x ltd, its alright, the only thing that worries me is it has carbon rails! dont know what they where thinking
How are you finding the Tundra? Is anyone else out there using the one with the carbon rails? Or any other saddle with carbon rails?

I'm thinking about trying one out but I don't know how long the carbon rails would last.

bikerboy85

Likes Dirt
The tundra is a nice saddle, but im not a fan of the carbon rails, all my other bikes have specialized saddles so i ditched the tundra for a toupe gel ti and ive never looked back. Mine is now sitting in a box.

Gone Riding

Likes Dirt
How are you finding the Tundra? Is anyone else out there using the one with the carbon rails? Or any other saddle with carbon rails?

I'm thinking about trying one out but I don't know how long the carbon rails would last.
Yep, I'm using the Fizik Tundra with Carbon rails and love it. It's a bit on the hard side at first but way more comfortable in the long run than my other softer saddles. I used to get a loss of circulation and numbness 'between the legs' until this saddle... yeah, it's a bit hard to begin with but my circulation is great now. And if you like to move forward and backwards on the saddle for climbing, etc it's a bit longer than normal so there's plenty of comfortable room to move. If I didn't know it had carbon rails, then I wouldn't know it had carbon rails, if you know what I mean - not a problem for me.

Slowman

Likes Dirt
Yep, I'm using the Fizik Tundra with Carbon rails and love it. It's a bit on the hard side at first but way more comfortable in the long run than my other softer saddles. I used to get a loss of circulation and numbness 'between the legs' until this saddle... yeah, it's a bit hard to begin with but my circulation is great now. And if you like to move forward and backwards on the saddle for climbing, etc it's a bit longer than normal so there's plenty of comfortable room to move. If I didn't know it had carbon rails, then I wouldn't know it had carbon rails, if you know what I mean - not a problem for me.
I am using a Fizik Gobi XM and it is very comfy but weighs around 240g even though it is claimed to be 229g for the "K:ium" version. I bought a lovely looking Selle San Marco Caymano (claimed 170g) which weighs ~190g but it was just the wrong shape for me. It is just a wee bit too round (or rolled) and my sit bones aren't suported which means I'm sitting more on my perineum. The slightly flatter surface of the Gobi XM works for me and so I have remounted it.

Ryderman

Likes Bikes
Well I'll tell you my experience, the "perfect saddle" deppends of the fisonomy.

-Saevid S1, it's 100€ (188.89$) so it's over yo want to spend, but it's just 80 grams. It's confortable... I've done over 80 Miles with this Saddle Without problem, It's similar to the Selle Italia SLR 135 but with a little bend in the middle.

-Selle Italia SLR 135, ligthweigth but for me not so confortable, it's flat in the middle of the seat and this ressults painfull for me, I had to sell it.

-Specialized Toupe, ligthweigth and soooo comfortable but it's a Road saddle so if you have any problem there no warranty.

-Tune Speedneedle: simply perfect bu too much expensive.

-SDG I Beam: Great, sooo confortable, maybe too much, but you need a special Seatpost.

Now I'd Like to try the Tioga Spider in the fully, once you test a saddle without Foam you understand that it's no neccesary, and flexion of the saddle is the ral confort.