Yarra Trails regulars

Big JD

Wheel size expert
German rubber boycott

Getting bored? It is quiet around here.

Is the HD on yet or do we need to organise a YTer’s working bee at your place this weekend?
It is on with a tube mate- three CO2 canisters, spilt Stans, tears and a tantrum, then just stuck in a tube. Seriously it is the rim AC- we will not get a HD on with a floor pump. I prefer a tyre without the fuss. The ardent UST when on first time with a floor pump- easy. I am sick of the over glorification of expensive krault rubber as the be- all- and- end -all of off road tyres.
This weekend I will be purchasing a UST Maxxis tyre and donating my HD to charity.

I will be riding the YT Sunday morning mate if you want to hook up (meet not get together). My 19 year old son told me that hooking up was a term for getting it on. Like gay is no longer a term for enjoyable or entertaining

Big AC

Likes Dirt
It is on with a tube mate- three CO2 canisters, spilt Stans, tears and a tantrum, then just stuck in a tube. Seriously it is the rim AC- we will not get a HD on with a floor pump. I prefer a tyre without the fuss. The ardent UST when on first time with a floor pump- easy. I am sick of the over glorification of expensive krault rubber as the be- all- and- end -all of off road tyres.
This weekend I will be purchasing a UST Maxxis tyre and donating my HD to charity.

I will be riding the YT Sunday morning mate if you want to hook up (meet not get together). My 19 year old son told me that hooking up was a term for getting it on. Like gay is no longer a term for enjoyable or entertaining
Did you try the get one side on with a tube and then go tubeless trick (I’m guessing that the answer is yes; however, best to confirm)?

If you are going to get rid of the HD then is it Trailstar or Pacestar compound (it will say it on the sidewall – might be between the ‘Hans’ and the ‘Dampf’)? I have a spare Pacestar one; however, if it is a Trailstar then I’ll swap it for an Ardent 2.25 LUST.

Otherwise, if you put it up for sale around here then someone will take it, and probably for a cost close to the Maxxis.

I’ll be on the YT’s this weekend. Where were you thinking of riding? Studley park to find the pump track again? Out to Hans?

Big JD

Wheel size expert
stop your fluffing around

AC i dont have time to fluff around with tubes and no tubes- give me a tyre that works straight away. Cant remember if they are trail or Pace (by memory they are not the softer ones) but will let you know. I would rather trade than sell- it is better for the soul. ITS A TRAILSTAR
I will probably do the stuff south of the pipe bridge on Sunday morning around 8am. We could organise a meeting time and place but dont tell those Strava lovers- they will turn it into a race, a self for-filling self centric assessment of performance at a particular place and time in reality. I just want to ride my bike and jump off stuff.

\
Did you try the get one side on with a tube and then go tubeless trick (I’m guessing that the answer is yes; however, best to confirm)?

If you are going to get rid of the HD then is it Trailstar or Pacestar compound (it will say it on the sidewall – might be between the ‘Hans’ and the ‘Dampf’)? I have a spare Pacestar one; however, if it is a Trailstar then I’ll swap it for an Ardent 2.25 LUST.

Otherwise, if you put it up for sale around here then someone will take it, and probably for a cost close to the Maxxis.

I’ll be on the YT’s this weekend. Where were you thinking of riding? Studley park to find the pump track again? Out to Hans?

Last edited:

Big AC

Likes Dirt
AC i dont have time to fluff around with tubes and no tubes- give me a tyre that works straight away. Cant remember if they are trail or Pace (by memory they are not the softer ones) but will let you know. I would rather trade than sell- it is better for the soul. ITS A TRAILSTAR
I will probably do the stuff south of the pipe bridge on Sunday morning around 8am. We could organise a meeting time and place but dont tell those Strava lovers- they will turn it into a race, a self for-filling self centric assessment of performance at a particular place and time in reality. I just want to ride my bike and jump off stuff.
If your sure then Trailstar = done.

Let see if it is going to tip down on Sunday morning before we set a time.

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
You've got one pacestar and one trailstar JD...

Buy a really really cheap compressor from Supercheap Auto and you'll never have to complain again, ever.

Big AC

Likes Dirt
lots of rain = no ride. pm mate and we'll swap tyres, Im around tomorrow.
PM sent mate. We can have a crack at the HD tubeless again if you want.

You've got one pacestar and one trailstar JD...

Buy a really really cheap compressor from Supercheap Auto and you'll never have to complain again, ever.
Under $100, less than the RRP for a Schwalbe tyre.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
PM sent mate. We can have a crack at the HD tubeless again if you want.

Under $100, less than the RRP for a Schwalbe tyre.
I did that and it started smoking while trying to put on a bloody schwalbe- they are evil I tell ya. I don't want to run a compressor- live in apartments. I will just get some tyres that go on easy - it is just the big HDs
Now enough about my german rubber issues- how are those YTs?

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I did that and it started smoking while trying to put on a bloody schwalbe- they are evil I tell ya. I don't want to run a compressor- live in apartments. I will just get some tyres that go on easy - it is just the big HDs
Now enough about my german rubber issues- how are those YTs?
Yesterday they were fabulous - today not so, went walking.

Apart from the sight of a hairy arse bouncing up and down just off the line near the first little billabong heading downstream from banksia st the trails were great all the way to Powerline climb near Beasleys. Isn't it too cold for these people? Mind you, I've got no idea what was under the aforementioned arse, didn't look that closely. Chalk up another eeeeyeeeww moment on the YTs !

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Howdy,

Went for a ride from pipe bridge up to Hans and back on Sat afternoon. Left at about 3pm and it was just spitting, but then got a bit heavier for the duration and it rained consistently for the 3 1/2 hours I was out. And what a difference it made, tracks were fine on the way out, but on my return they were just slippery slop (I didn't ride them but had a look every so often). Hopefully it will dry out a bit this week.

It was pretty late when I was out there (dark and under lights), but are there some new tracks at Hans? I could swear I saw some off to the left from the last descent.

Happy riding......

Cheers,

Coast

moorey

call me Mia
Dear Big JD,
As the clear and rightful owner of the Yarra Trails, I, as a concerned observer wish to bring a matter of concern to your attention. One of your regular users had been caught hardening the fuck up, whick is a direct breech of both the conditions of use, and the general Vibe of the thing.

Invoking the 3 strikes policy, I put forward to you that Rob_74 be placed on immediate notice, if not banned permanantly from said trails.

Rob was witnessed committing the following attrocities on July 14th 2013:
1. Fronting at a race, knowing conditions would be wet, muddy and uncomfortable.
2. Going out for the 3rd and final lap in said conditions, despite other smarter riders pulling out.
3. Smiling at the end of said 3rd lap.

In addition to this, he had now fraternized with me on 2 separate occasions, and even joined me in a few warm up laps.

If you require a Statuary Declaration regarding these matters, please feel free to contact me directly.

Regards,

Moorey

gcouyant

Farkin Advertiser
It was pretty late when I was out there (dark and under lights), but are there some new tracks at Hans? I could swear I saw some off to the left from the last descent.
There are a couple of unauthorised bits that the jumps lads have put in and I know that the ranger will crack it when he becomes aware of them. They add nothing to the area and make the trails all the more confusing for visiting riders. We will have to do something very soon to make those sections of trail disappear.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Glad you have my back little buddy

Dear Big JD,
As the clear and rightful owner of the Yarra Trails, I, as a concerned observer wish to bring a matter of concern to your attention. One of your regular users had been caught hardening the fuck up, whick is a direct breech of both the conditions of use, and the general Vibe of the thing.

Invoking the 3 strikes policy, I put forward to you that Rob_74 be placed on immediate notice, if not banned permanantly from said trails.

Rob was witnessed committing the following attrocities on July 14th 2013:
1. Fronting at a race, knowing conditions would be wet, muddy and uncomfortable.
2. Going out for the 3rd and final lap in said conditions, despite other smarter riders pulling out.
3. Smiling at the end of said 3rd lap.

In addition to this, he had now fraternized with me on 2 separate occasions, and even joined me in a few warm up laps.

If you require a Statuary Declaration regarding these matters, please feel free to contact me directly.

Regards,

Moorey

Moorey you are an extraordinary gentleman. I knew we had a go in the hen house and so glad his true colours came to your ever vigilant watchful eye.
Rod is a fraud and a phony and conducts subterfuge. He thinks because he is out of town he can play a dangerous and potentially damaging alter- ego and put all I have worked so hard to maintain at risk. He will be summonsed to the place of punishment and his realignment dished out till his enlightenment is met.

Thankyou my fine friend- you are always in my thoughts. Your name is to be carved into the tree of YTBPPA- Yarra Trails Butt Pirate Protection Agency.

Always in confidence

Big JD

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Get a farkin room you two. Or at least a quiet spot in the bushes.
Moorey- Piston shows the true virtues of a YTBP member. He whinges, whines, adds little value to a discussion and is a slave to strata, giant cycles, Lycra and fresh cream rubbed into his riding shorts.

We needed worry about him, he is typical but still wants to be heard- like my three year old.

Chin up little mate- don't let them get you down for they do not know what they say.

moorey

call me Mia
Moorey- Piston shows the true virtues of a YTBP member. He whinges, whines, adds little value to a discussion and is a slave to strata, giant cycles, Lycra and fresh cream rubbed into his riding shorts.

We needed worry about him, he is typical but still wants to be heard- like my three year old.

Chin up little mate- don't let them get you down for they do not know what they say.
Takes more than that to get on top of me, big fella...

Rob_74

Likes Dirt
Strike 5. Game over. Ps, you're clearly the cat.
PS: Moorey sorry I dont swing that way, but clearly you dont mind eating some dick - so I am sure JD can introduce you to some of his Banksia St boys.

PPS: Can you not count? (3 laps - B grade was 2 laps, strike 5 - where did strike 4 go...)