Yarra Trails regulars

CharlieDontSurf

Likes Dirt
Just a reminder the Hans trail maintenance day is on tommorow from 930am. I'll be there. Time to put something back into the trails with Parks Vic approval and support. See Georges post a few pages back to register

gcouyant

Farkin Advertiser
Just a reminder the Hans trail maintenance day is on tommorow from 930am. I'll be there. Time to put something back into the trails with Parks Vic approval and support. See Georges post a few pages back to register
Ta Cullen. If everyone already registered turn up tomorrow morning then we'll have plenty of participants. There will however be another call for the next trail work session on March 21st.

The registration link for tomorrow's session is at: http://www.yarratrails.com.au/candlebark/p4p/trail-work.html

Should be fun - and a couple of changes from the initial work plan. I have to say that the level of attention and enthusiasm from Parks staff is just fantastic and ever evolving. Most here will be surprised at how many ride.

redbruce

Eats Squid
Ta Cullen. If everyone already registered turn up tomorrow morning then we'll have plenty of participants. There will however be another call for the next trail work session on March 21st.

The registration link for tomorrow's session is at: http://www.yarratrails.com.au/candlebark/p4p/trail-work.html

Should be fun - and a couple of changes from the initial work plan. I have to say that the level of attention and enthusiasm from Parks staff is just fantastic and ever evolving. Most here will be surprised at how many ride.
And don't forget your drink bottles. Gunna be warm in the shade.

Big AC

Likes Dirt
Rode Burke Rd to Studley Park on Sunday. A few puddles in the normal spots which were drying fast.

A few trees down but the only major one is in the narrow piece of land between the bike path and the Kew golf course fence, the ST is blocked.

It was good to see so many people out at Hans on Saturday morning and PV being engaged. I think that we made a decent impression on PV.

Charlie: phase two of the Koonung log war is in operation, although the log I had my eye on turned out to be half rotten so it isn’t very heavy. There looks to be some better stuff a little further down the trail (in the trees to the left after the ST goes out onto the open grass area).

gcouyant

Farkin Advertiser
Great day on Saturday guys and everyone went away pleased with not only the work done, but also the relationships made and strengthened. A great mix of muscle, experience and a whole heap of enthusiasm. Rangers Jodie and Warren from Parks were terrific and so very keen to be involved. Faye, the new Chief Ranger for the area popped over late morning and was positive and pleased - even after Cullen used all of his 29 inches of front end washout to bathe Faye in dust.

Great turnout. Hoping for 12 and had 18 on the day.

Volunteer forms and a safety chat before heading up for trail work.

Straight into it with repairs to the trail.

Rock armouring a small section to protect an exposed tree root.

Laying out new trail.

Cullen had his bike so he got to be the first to ride and check for the right 29" flow.

Once the trail position was set, it was all go.

It wasn't just mountain bikers who put in. Ben Ashkettle (blue top, curly blond hair) is a world class long distance athlete who trains in the area. He's out there almost daily so when you see him say g'day. Keep an eye out for Ben in the next Olympic and Commonwealth games.

So, a great day and we all have reason to be proud and excited with what lays ahead.

All that aside, Parks is supporting the Pedal for Parkinsons enduro www.pedal4parkinsonsmtb.org on March 29th and none of this would be happening right now if it wasn't for this event. It is important to all of us here who ride Candlebark trails to make sure that the event is a success. Plenty of eyes on this race so go ahead and enter as an individual or a team. Not only is it a terrific and important cause, it is in our best interest for the long term good of our trails.

Next trail session March 21st. Details to follow closer to the day.

Again, thank you to everyone who participated - particularly those from P4P, Parks and Yarra Trails who have been working hard behind the scenes to make it all happen. Champions.

CharlieDontSurf

Likes Dirt
It was a great day. Well done George. Rode there this arvo and the new section is great both ways. Better than the straight line. The rain has helped settle it in.
I truly now have been NAMED and SHAMED on this forum!

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Ride the big loop yesterday with my mate AC

Trails are great

Petty orchard is opening its kitchen next weekend. Please support them

velolove

Likes Dirt
Yea nice day for it! Just wondering if you can describe where the st on the north side of the path starts back east of where I saw you?

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Thanks to the folks who have cleaned up the ST that runs next to the freeway up near Burke. Your work will help us all to ride through winter.

Would like to clean up around Annulus Loop. We could do heaps to help the trails through there. Bit of pruning and drainage.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Did a bit of blackberry pruning in the first 2 sections upstream of Burke rd. Sorry, there's still a number of branches and foliage hanging over the trails around head height. might have to go back with the clippers for those.
Keen to get out with JD and crew for organized sessions with shovel and clippers to tidy things up and improve drainage, just have to get the timing right. :whistle: