YETI CYCLES ELEVATION All Mountain Race Series

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
re schedule

yeah had to happen for the good of the series mate. sorry about your plans but we want the best event we can possibly have and moving two dates had to happen to have the best timing company and results in the country.

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
online rego and latest info

ive had a TON of emails and calls the last week on this series, so if anyone out there wants the latest info on when online rego opens, and latest info on the next round, shoot a text to 0421 7999 42 with your full name and we'll add you to the list.

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
online entry

online entry for round one will open THIS WEEK and all related event info will be posted both here and on the alpine gravity shuttles face book page. first 100 entries will also have the opportunity to buy a limited edition event t shirt aswell. riders are coming from all over australia for this series, so DONT MISS OUT!!!

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
Online entry is officially open!!!!

YETI CYCLES ELEVATION ALL MOUNTAIN SERIES ROUND 1

DATES ARE SATURDAY OCTOBER 27 AND SUNDAY OCTOBER 28

ON SITE EVENT REGO OPENS AT 8AM SATURDAY

OFFICIAL PRACTICE AND SHUTTLES SATURDAY 9AM-4PM

YETI DEMO BIKES AVAILABLE TO TEST RIDE ALL DAY SATURDAY

OFFICIAL PRACTICE AND SHUTTLES SUNDAY 9AM-11.30AM

RACING SUNDAY 12 MIDDAY TO 3.30PM WITH ONE TIMED RUN PER RIDER

PRESENTATION AT 4PM SUNDAY AT THE RACE VENUE

PRICES ARE $79 PER RIDER PER CLASS, WITH BEGINNER RIDERS OR RIDERS WANTING TO BRUSH UP ON THEIR SKILLS HAVING THE OPTION TO PAY $49 FOR A THREE HOUR SKILLS CLINIC ON SATURDAY WITH QUALIFIED AND SUPPORTIVE COACHES WHO WANT YOU TO HAVE A GREAT RIDING EXPERIENCE. FIRST 100 ENTRIES ALSO HAVE THE CHANCE TO PURCHASE A LIMITED EDITION EVENT T SHIRT IN EITHER SML, MED, LRG OR XL WITH THE SHIRT ITSELF IN EITHER BLACK OR TEAL BLUE.

ACCOMODATION: THE BEST DEALS ARE HAPPENNING LOCALLY AND CAN BE FOUND BY JUMPING ON THE LOCAL MOUNTAIN BIKE RELATED WEB SITE WWW.RIDEFORREST.COM.AU AND CHECK OUT ALL THE DIFFERENT OPTIONS. IF YOU HAVE YOUR FAMILY OR PARTNER WITH YOU AND YOU WANT A BIGGER NIGHT LIFE EACH NIGHT OR SUPER NICE ACCOM HEAD TO APOLLO BAY JUST 30 MINUTES AWAY. BIG SUPERMARKETS ARE ALSO ON HAND THERE TOO.

CATERING/FOOD/DRINKS WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE EVENT ALL WEEKEND WITH BREAKFAST, LUNCH DRINKS AND SNACKS AVAILABLE AT THE RACE SITE ALL WEEKEND AT REASONABLE PRICES. THE GENERAL STORE ALSO HAS ANYTHING YOU MIGHT NEED IF YOUR COOKING OR CAMPING.

QUALITY MEALS AND AMAZING LOCALLY BREWED BEER WILL BE AVAILABLE ALL WEEKEND AND EACH NIGHT TILL LATE FROM THE FORREST BREWING COMPANY, ON THE MAIN STREET IN FORREST. THE PLACE HAS GREAT STAFF AND A GREAT MENU. THE PLACE ROCKS!

RACE VENUE DIRECTIONS: RACE SITE IS JUST OVER THE BRIDGE ON KAANGLANG ROAD, FORREST, JUST NEXT TO THE BARWON RIVER, DOWN FROM STATION STREET.

AS IT HAS BEEN QUITE WET THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO CAR PARKING ON SITE, BUT YOU CAN PARK ON STATION ST, OR BLUNDY ST ON THE EDGE OF TOWN AND IT IS LITERALLY ONLY A COUPLE HUNDRED METERS WALK DOWN TO THE RACE VENUE. IF YOU HAVE A TON OF GEAR YOU CAN DRIVE DOWN TO THE VENUE AND UNLOAD NEAR REGO, AND THEN PARK YOUR CAR BACK UP THE ROAD, BUT THERE IS NO PARKING ON SITE.

BRANDED RACE/PIT TENTS: DUE TO OUR SPONSORS INVESTING A LOT OF VALUABLE TIME AND MONEY INTO MAKING THIS A GREAT EVENT, ANY PIT TENTS WITH LOGOS AND BRANDING WILL BE ALLOWED TO SET UP NOT FAR FROM THE RACE SITE, BUT NOT IN THE REGO AREA.

HERES THE LINK TO ENTER:

https://www.registernow.com.au/mtba/ERegister.aspx?E=1235

Last edited:

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
Yeti goodness on hand at the event

As Yeti Cycles is the series sponsor for the ELEVATION race series, they wil have some SUPER SWEET MACHINES for you all to have a look at and test ride while at these events.

Bikes available at Forrest to test ride are:

- ASR5 Alloy Sml

- ASR5 Alloy Med

- SB66 Carbon Lge

- SB66 Alloy Med

- SB95 Alloy Med

- SB95 Alloy Lge

As a prize to a rider who pre enters online to all five events, YETI will offer $1500 Yeti Dollars towards a brand spankin new frame. NICE!!!

Last edited:

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
Online entries

there are quite a few entries coming in for round 1, but no where near the amount of people who've emailed or text me........dont forget online entry closes on tuesday 23rd and after that its $95 on the day/at the event. GET ON BOARD AND SAVE BUCKS.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Hey Watkins, is it possible to come down for Saturday only and ride+shuttle but not race sunday? I gotta be somewhere else.. and if so how much? cheers mate.

AshR

Likes Dirt
I'm all set for.... Bright... so jealous of the Forrest round, I've been dying to ride down there for nearly 2 years now.

But I will have my brand new bike ready for the Bright round (might have a ride or two before hand :p )

GL to everyone so excited for this series :)

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
elevation series

yeah big heads up...... the YETI CYCLES ELEVATION ALL MOUNTAIN SERIES starts THIS WEEKEND and if you miss a round YOUR MAD!!!!!!

yeah ash, its a pretty cool place to ride, Forrest is alot like riding in a rain forest. your missing out budd!

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I can only make it on the Sunday, but I can't seem to register online for that option. Can I just rock up on the day and register? When does rego close and how many hours practice will I get?

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
on the day rego

yeah mate rego is open from 8am sunday and sunday only is $59 for practice and racing. How much practice you get depends on when you get there, but shuttles are from 9-11.30 with racing from 12 mate. Its not a super tech trail, so youll have no drama.

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
trail preview

the helmet cam footage of the fifteen minute run was not real exciting. the day i filmed there it was raining so i did wipe the lens every now and again but most of the footage has something on the lense to make it partially blurry. its been super wet in Forrest until now so i gave up trying to get good footage. you should be pumped, its a great trail.

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the helmet cam footage of the fifteen minute run was not real exciting. the day i filmed there it was raining so i did wipe the lens every now and again but most of the footage has something on the lense to make it partially blurry. its been super wet in Forrest until now so i gave up trying to get good footage. you should be pumped, its a great trail.
Fair enough.

Cheers.

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
entry

for everyone who missed online rego and is smashing my in-box.....
sat only $49. sun only $59. mtba licence/insurance cover for non members is a measly $20.
plenty of spots left, so head on down to forrest for one of the most unique events and coolest trails youll ever ride.

CSR

Squid
Cant wait for the weekend. I am all confused about what bike to bring or what to wear but who cares-will bring everything and see!!
See you all there
weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
forrest

track is bunted signed and ready. very different trail conditions to last time i rode here. was dry this morning but had a few sprinkles during the day, so will be slippery first run, then game on. id favour grippy tyres over fast rolling xc tyres, but once it dries out, switch em back over. see ya's all here!!!