YETI CYCLES ELEVATION All Mountain Race Series

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
ONLINE ENTRY IS NOW OPEN!!!

Elevation is a brand new all mountain style race series that features tracks that are roughly 70% downhill and 30% undulating (flat or climbing) and hardly any fire trail. This race series is designed to be not as technical as a downhill track, but not as much hard work and climbing as a cross country course.

It will appeal to all types of riders including downhillers who race but want something a bit more fun and less serious, and downhillers who dont race at all as some of the courses are too technical. It will also appeal to trail riders who are too scared to race downhill and not fit enough to race cross country, and itll also appeal to cross country riders who want a bit of adrenalin without all the big risks that go with racing downhill. The sereis does not clash with ANY of the Victorian Downhill Series, and I have scoured all the other club web sites to try and avoid clashing with other events also, so chances of you being able to make it to these races are very good, so come and give it a crack as it really will be AWESOME FUN.

The ideal bike would be a 4 5 or 6 inch travel bike that can handle terrain on the whole mountain, up aswell as down, but youll be able to ride these courses on your dh or xc rig too, but the dh rig might be a bit harder on the pedally sections, and the xc bike might limit you on the dh sections.

Each round will be downhill format with NO mass start, thirty second gaps with pro timing, and pro transport to the top of the mountain so you dont have to ride/push up. Any of these rounds that use part of a downhill course will have all the A lines and super tech sections bunted off, so riders on downhill bikes dont have a big advantage, and riders on a hardtail wont have to visit the dentist on the monday.

Each round will feature courses that are 8-15 minutes in length and will be mostly single track with fire trail only used to link trails.

Entry prices will be $79 per rider, with day licences available for riders that dont have an MTBA licence. All races will have catering at the events including food coffee drinks and snacks.

Four out of five race locations have been confirmed, and once we have all five locked in ill be announcing all the locations and full details.

Hit up the Alpine Gravity Shuttles face book page for all the latest info and specific race details such as accom, parking, track locations, race and practice times and all the info you need to have a great weekend.

LATEST UPDATE:

This series is going to be pretty amazing even to a seasoned mountain bike racer, but if your a newbie and new to racing...even more amazing for you. However after seeing some of the dramas we have had with timing at the Alpine Gravitation downhill series, I decided there had to be professional timing for every round of this series. I want my events to become the best in Australia from a riders perspective, and after trying to book in timing with three different companies for the whole series and no one being able to do all five rounds, the decision was made to shift two rounds so that timing would be not only professionally done and precise, but done by the same company each time. This means the dates are now as follows:

ROUND 1: 27+28 OCTOBER

ROUND 2: 17+18 NOVEMBER

ROUND 3: 12+13 JANUARY

ROUND 4: 16+17 FEBRUARY

ROUND 5: 2+3 MARCH

I realise these dates may not mesh with everyone compared to the original dates, but to run a professional series with pro timing it was a decision that had to be made. Four locations are now locked in, soon as I get the ok for the one im waiting on, ill release all track details. Im currently working on accomodation deals for riders at each location, so even once the locations are up, wait till you see the accom deals listed on the face book page, as itll probly save you some money. Locations asap!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You blokes are cheering ....:cheer2: All of a sudden I want to live in Victoria ...............:eek:hwell:

Wikid Z

Likes Dirt
Cheers Benny, I'm in. Not racing the DH series as I'm officiating, so this will fill my need nicely.

Birdie birdie in the sky laid a turdie in my eye. If cows could fly I'd have a cow pie in my eye.

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! just did the garapine enduro yesterday so much fun! pumped for this when i get back :high5:

aanon

Likes Dirt
Awesome mate, props for getting stuck in and organising this type of event.
I am from S.A but will defo travel for this kind of stuff (just gotta get a car that does 100kph and holds coolant)
Keen as.

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
All mountain vic race series

yeah im as stoked as anyone about these races. even some of the mtb press are entering!

aanon..... yeah get a road trip happening. we do a road trip over to fox creek every year with a big crew and do 2-3 days of runs. always a brilliant weekend. this series will be just as fun.

dl79

Likes Dirt
Can't wait for the venues to be announced. This series is just what we need in Victoria!! I hope riders from all corners of MTB come out and support this series and make the events awesome!

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
elevation all mountain series

not far off announcing all the venues now, just tidying up all the permits and paper work. the dates are locked in 100% so we should have evrything finalised hopefully by end of next week.