Yeti SB6c vs Evil Insurgent Frame Build

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
I am torn. I mean my norco sight is a great trail bike with a 150mm pike fork. Looking for something with a bit more travel and playful geo. I had the evil the calling on the list and was really torn between the insurgent & the calling. The sb6c was on the list because the frame was heavily reduced but it seems it's a bike that really needs to be ridden fast to get the most out of it. In brissie there isn't that many places where you can do that. The insurgent seems to be more playful in geometry with shorter chain stays & that bit extra travel compared to Norco. I was planning on running my 150mm pike fork on the insurgent & or the calling. I saw an evil the calling frame in the flesh & I wasn't a huge fan of the Matt finish on the angry dolphin colour.
I am not sure more playful and better at bombing big stuff really go together. You possibly have the right size bike for good playful fun in Brisbane. Seems like you will need to drop a heap of coin to achieve very little change.

If I had a sight (I ride a trance) I would be looking for something that really bombs big trails at speed.......then I would go looking for trails to ride it on which generally isn't the stuff around here.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
+1 to evil. Increidibly well made now, easiest high end frame to build by far, easy to get parts and easy to jump about on. Very poppy bikes!

+1 for no stupid standards too.

dunndog

Eats Squid
I am torn. I mean my norco sight is a great trail bike with a 150mm pike fork. Looking for something with a bit more travel and playful geo. I had the evil the calling on the list and was really torn between the insurgent & the calling. The sb6c was on the list because the frame was heavily reduced but it seems it's a bike that really needs to be ridden fast to get the most out of it. In brissie there isn't that many places where you can do that. The insurgent seems to be more playful in geometry with shorter chain stays & that bit extra travel compared to Norco. I was planning on running my 150mm pike fork on the insurgent & or the calling. I saw an evil the calling frame in the flesh & I wasn't a huge fan of the Matt finish on the angry dolphin colour.
I had exactly the same bike mate and exactly the same concerns. I ended up with a reduced Transition Patrol carbon frame from mountain bikes direct. I built it up custom with lyrics, full xt, Easton arcs, fox dropper etc. I gives up nothing on the sight in terms of climbing, but handles burly descents way better and is still great for longer trail or xc rides. Give these a look, they really perform amazingly. I was very close to getting an Insurgent, but just got too many mixed opinions on their climbing prowess. Coupled with some after purchase service issues I have both heard of and experienced personally, I steered away and have zero regrets. The tranny was the easiest build I have ever put together.
Just a suggestion.. good luck mate!

crae

Squid
I had exactly the same bike mate and exactly the same concerns. I ended up with a reduced Transition Patrol carbon frame from mountain bikes direct. I built it up custom with lyrics, full xt, Easton arcs, fox dropper etc. I gives up nothing on the sight in terms of climbing, but handles burly descents way better and is still great for longer trail or xc rides. Give these a look, they really perform amazingly. I was very close to getting an Insurgent, but just got too many mixed opinions on their climbing prowess. Coupled with some after purchase service issues I have both heard of and experienced personally, I steered away and have zero regrets. The tranny was the easiest build I have ever put together.
Just a suggestion.. good luck mate!
Trannies look awesome but can't seem to get a good deal on one! Great feedback mate that's exactly what i needed to hear!