You know you're getting old when ...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm going to restart an old thread here for advice, as I'm unimpressed with the wait time of 20mnths as advised by the GP

I can do a cash only expanding foam injection. Are you OK with rum for antiseptic and anaesthetic?

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Bloody 13 must be the age - my middle lad just overtook me (it's not official 'cos I refuse to measure back to back, that's how it works....) Problem is I was going to offload my bike to him so I can NBD....... Unrelated news I'll be in the market for a XL or XXL bike soon :D Might wait for him to slow down growing first. I'll have to dust off the old 80mm stem and find a longer seatpost for the Hardtail.... His bike is starting to look like my profile pic
Not getting too personnel but we need some context here, are you 5'2 or 6'7?

I'm guessing 6'7 if we're talking XXls...but that seems par for the course around these parts.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say

I'm guessing 6'7 if we're talking XXls...but that seems par for the course around these parts.
Bugger off...I'm thinking there might be some interesting battles amongst 'burners over L, XL and then some bikes in the year to come and I need all the advantage I can get because...I'm not short? Or too tall. But I'm still short...and cheap.

ausdb

Being who he is
Bugger off...I'm thinking there might be some interesting battles amongst 'burners over L, XL and then some bikes in the year to come and I need all the advantage I can get because...I'm not short? Or too tall. But I'm still short...and cheap.
Join the club, medium statured baragain basement burners FTW :cool::cool:

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt

Well I'm just about 6'2" - all indicator say the lad will be 6'5 6'6 ish. I'll just wait for all the burners to get too old, buy an ebike and pick up their second hand bargain wunder bike cheap...... I see step one and two has happened, just waiting on step 3......

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
On the last evening of the 80s 11 year old poodle went face first into the bottom of the local pool and busted a few teeth out before the sun had even set. I spent the rest of the night in hospital awaiting some emergency dental treatment.
at least in the 80s you were allowed to jump into the pool from more than 7cm high. you could go off the 10m platform if wanted. now you cant even get up on the diving blocks and the three pools that had towers around here have all had them removed. and the music was so much better

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
at least in the 80s you were allowed to jump into the pool from more than 7cm high. you could go off the 10m platform if wanted. now you cant even get up on the diving blocks and the three pools that had towers around here have all had them removed. and the music was so much better
Haha, yeah I fell victim to this recently.
My local pool as a kid had 1,3 & 5 metre diving open permanently to the public. Only a single lifeguard if you were luckily, basically anything goes as long as you didn't jump on anyone else.

So recently they had redeveloped the complex so I thought I'd take my kids for the same fun I had as a kid.
Boy was I disappointed!
First they now had a single long queue, wouldn't even let you queue for the specific height board you wanted. Took forever to get a go!!
Then they had the 5m blocked off.

But the kicker lol, I didn't read the signs, talked myself up to my kids then ripped my first front flip to dive off the 3m in 20 years. Was well proud of myself that I didn't hurt myself.
As I'm getting out lifeguard walks up and gives me a talking to for flipping!
No flips allowed WTAF!!!

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
On the last evening of the 80s 11 year old poodle went face first into the bottom of the local pool and busted a few teeth out before the sun had even set. I spent the rest of the night in hospital awaiting some emergency dental treatment.
My only excuse is was almost certainly drunker.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Haha, yeah I fell victim to this recently.
My local pool as a kid had 1,3 & 5 metre diving open permanently to the public. Only a single lifeguard if you were luckily, basically anything goes as long as you didn't jump on anyone else.

So recently they had redeveloped the complex so I thought I'd take my kids for the same fun I had as a kid.
Boy was I disappointed!
First they now had a single long queue, wouldn't even let you queue for the specific height board you wanted. Took forever to get a go!!
Then they had the 5m blocked off.

But the kicker lol, I didn't read the signs, talked myself up to my kids then ripped my first front flip to dive off the 3m in 20 years. Was well proud of myself that I didn't hurt myself.
As I'm getting out lifeguard walks up and gives me a talking to for flipping!
No flips allowed WTAF!!!
Are cannon balls allowed? :p