You Yangs & Bob Cats

tyler07

Squid
What are they building at the You Yangs? Was riding around the stockyards on Saturday and there was a fair bit of bob cat and truck action going on.

cameron_15

Eats Squid
when i was there brown_dog (i think) was talking about upgrading the tracks. they were using the bobcats to collect rocks for more rock gardens and biger jumps and berms and stuff.

should be wicked when it's done. hopefully they hold an international race there in the future.

:)

NASHWORTH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, I rode past 'em on saturday, they were building some doubles and a spectator area. Twas lookin' pretty sweet. (I was on a brown enduro, white forks, in a black hoodie and black and white boardies).

trav

Likes Dirt
All the machine work at the youeez is for the up coming national round in December. Track #12 (B&G) has been extended and track#7 (Travs )has also been extended on the high side of #12 .All work has been carried out by myself and the trail crew to the same high standard, and is beeing funded by GMBC and You Yangs Shuttle Service.

MOXAB

Likes Dirt
When I went last sunday I saw that they've also taken away the drop at the end of GMBC, what's with that??

dunndog

Eats Squid
When I went last sunday I saw that they've also taken away the drop at the end of GMBC, what's with that??
you mean the wooden thing? The whole line's changed, massive changes up there, a work in progress. This place is gunna go from sick to farkin' PUMPING when this stuff gets done.

cameron_15

Eats Squid
hey trav,
is there gonna be a public trail build day? I'd love to lend a hand. or is going to be done by the trail crew?

trav

Likes Dirt
hey trav,
is there gonna be a public trail build day? I'd love to lend a hand. or is going to be done by the trail crew?
Cameron,

Everyone is always welcome to lend a hand . We just don't want a lot of people when we are on the machines, it's a safety issue thats why it's just the trail crew on these days.
There will be a more formal working bee soon.

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
World Cup round at the You Yangs. 2010. Make it happen. Hah! At least it is close enough to an airport....and it doesn't snow during winter....

onedollarodent

Likes Dirt
All the machine work at the youeez is for the up coming national round in December. Track #12 (B&G) has been extended and track#7 (Travs )has also been extended on the high side of #12 .All work has been carried out by myself and the trail crew to the same high standard, and is beeing funded by GMBC and You Yangs Shuttle Service.

Are you guys telling me there are 12 tracks at the you yangs? with a shuttle service????? WHY oh WHY do i live in Sydney...

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Are you guys telling me there are 12 tracks at the you yangs? with a shuttle service????? WHY oh WHY do i live in Sydney...
Because you haven't worked out yet that Melbs is the best place to live in Oz.....:D Flame Suit on!

How do you book yourself on the shuttle?
See posts in the Watering Hole section.

GMBC Decent will eventually be made up as goods as B&G, and Trav and the crew have great ideas for the area. Watch This space!!!!:D

ben_rides_a_bike

Likes Bikes and Dirt
so can someone put this striaght.
how long are the 2 dh tracks now and do they both still finish at the same area. down the botttom?

ben_rides_a_bike

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thanks for that. just me n a mate are heading up there all day on thursday and just wanted to now how much the tracks have changed

Plaedien

Cannon Fodder
hi all,

im a little confused by the extension of Travs (#7) the new berms right at the bottom at the beginning of the new section, is this the continuation of the old travs? i know its sign posted, but i cant see how you can carry enough speed to go UP those berms? ive ridden it both ways, and it seems to definately favour going TOWARDS the end of #7.

apart from that, loving the new track work (Cressy is getting a makeover as well it seems - love the flow on that track :) keep up the good work