You Yangs Gravity Enduro 030814

teK--

Eats Squid
This is vid of my best run on the weekend 4:43secs.

Track 10 Turbulence into 7 Travs Diamond into 2 Dam Wall.

Great day out!

If anyone can offer any tips on better lines to shave time off would be happy to hear your suggestions ;)

[video=youtube;5qIIDvFYfOg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qIIDvFYfOg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

UKDavo

Likes Bikes
That looks awesome! Which head cam are you using?

Love that hop over the mini rock garden at the end!

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
4:43, eh?

I think I was at the finish line when someone rolled through at 3:59!
He must have been killing it!

BRADSTA

Likes Bikes

3.59?? Almost 45sec quicker, he must have been hooking it!! Tek, awesome riding! Was there on Saturday riding travs and if I could ride it at your pace I would be stoked, plus clearing the rock jump at the end!!!!!

Last edited:

teK--

Eats Squid

Yeah 1st place A grade Mens was 3:54.92 (Daniel McMunn, team Yeti). That is mind blowing, and I would love to know what lines he took. Surely there are quicker ways through those rock gardens (a lot of Pros will just jump over the whole thing)

I was pinning it the whole time and riding at the limits of my skill and fitness.

Optic

Likes Dirt
Nice riding mate, I rode that track on Saturday and enjoyed every part of it, as well as watching your video.

Nerdbox

Likes Dirt
Nice riding, but you need to launch the boulder at the start of turbulence (just cause)

Here's mine, fastest run was 4:27 but took it easy as couldn't afford an injury (snow trip) and I'm unfit haha

https://vimeo.com/102444196

I'm sure there's better lines but too lazy to track walk :)

cicot

Likes Dirt
Good runs!
It would be nice to watch some pro's video and compare.
Anyway yesterday was great. I really enjoyed it!

teK--

Eats Squid
Nice riding, but you need to launch the boulder at the start of turbulence (just cause)

Here's mine, fastest run was 4:27 but took it easy as couldn't afford an injury (snow trip) and I'm unfit haha

https://vimeo.com/102444196

I'm sure there's better lines but too lazy to track walk :)
I know I know (re the first boulder) I found the RHS was just as fast but slightly less risky :)

Nice riding one of the rock gardens you took a slightly different line which I am spewing I didn't spot earlier.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Nice vids guys. Good to see my line choices on the day weren't horrible either, just means I'm plain slow! :)

It was my first "race" for about 10 years, not that it felt like a race day. Good format and a fun day. I thought the fast riders mixed in with the slower ones might have caused some issues, but didn't seem like it.

Does anyone know where / if the photos they had on the laptop at the track are posted or available to have a look at? There were some good shots.

teK--

Eats Squid
Nice vids guys. Good to see my line choices on the day weren't horrible either, just means I'm plain slow! :)

It was my first "race" for about 10 years, not that it felt like a race day. Good format and a fun day. I thought the fast riders mixed in with the slower ones might have caused some issues, but didn't seem like it.

Does anyone know where / if the photos they had on the laptop at the track are posted or available to have a look at? There were some good shots.
Check out you yangs facebook page some photos are up I imagine other togs are still sorting through theirs.

OT

Likes Dirt
If anyone can offer any tips on better lines to shave time off would be happy to hear your suggestions ;)
Looks pretty good to me. A couple of straighter lines through the rocks maybe but I'd say the biggest difference on that track would be fitness, you need to be on the pedals, full gas on every small climb and smooth part of the track, spd's would be better than flats. No resting. If you were wearing armour, I'd consider ditching it, it only slows you down (provided you don't mind fucking yourself up if you come off!).

teK--

Eats Squid
Looks pretty good to me. A couple of straighter lines through the rocks maybe but I'd say the biggest difference on that track would be fitness, you need to be on the pedals, full gas on every small climb and smooth part of the track, spd's would be better than flats. No resting. If you were wearing armour, I'd consider ditching it, it only slows you down (provided you don't mind fucking yourself up if you come off!).
Thanks I should have def been on gas more but legs weren't weren't up to it that day (long story)

Salival

Likes Bikes
Awesome runs from everyone!
I hit up You Yangs for the first time on Sunday. I didn't compete, just roamed around doing various other trails.

Ended up coming off on Cressy Descent and ruining my rear brake lever.
Gives me more respect to you guys for hammering down with such speed.