You Yangs Working Bee (Vic)

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
It clashes with Barjarg...

Hi Paul,

This day clashes with the Barjarg weekend. I wish I could help, but I'll be racing.

Cheers

Hux

Beej1

Is the aim to get a singletrack link between the Plantation and the Stockyards? The whole way? Or using some of the road?

greydaniel

Likes Bikes
Just to let everyone know there will be a working bee on at the You Yangs on the 28th of October.
Hope to see you there, Shorerider.
I would love to come and help out, I will try and rustle up a couple of lads as well that ride and love this place!!

Cheers

Shorerider

Likes Dirt
You Yangs working bee.

Is the aim to get a singletrack link between the Plantation and the Stockyards? The whole way? Or using some of the road?
I'm not exactly sure, as I had never ridden the track before (I'm a DH'er) but I think that is goal of the project.

I would love to come and help out, I will try and rustle up a couple of lads as well that ride and love this place!!
That would be great. Spread the word.

I was helping with this track a few weeks ago. Just let me say it is awesome. You will be amazed at the work that has gone into it.

You need to come down and see this track. TRUST ME!!!:D

Hope to see you all there, Shorerider.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
It is a track that WILL link both areas, however, from what I know, it's not going to be a just a link. This track will be fun to ride on any type of bike, something for types of riders. Take Shoreriders advice.

This track only crosses the road, doesn't use any part of it.

Beej1

It is a track that WILL link both areas, however, from what I know, it's not going to be a just a link. This track will be fun to ride on any type of bike, something for types of riders. Take Shoreriders advice.

This track only crosses the road, doesn't use any part of it.
Sounds awesome. Has it actually been started yet? Or is this planned working bee the first day?

In any case, myself and potentially 2 others will be going along at this stage. Bout time I put something back in to the trails that I use so frequently.

Shorerider

Likes Dirt
You Yangs working bee.

Has it actually been started yet? Or is this planned working bee the first day?

Like I said before, I was out there helping out on this project a couple of weeks ago. As far as I know, parts of the existing trail are still being used. Parts of the existing trail are being re-routed with new tracks. And completely new sections are being added to "link" where before there was no track (only fire road).

Sounds like there may be quite a large turn out which means quite a lot of work will get done:D.

I think if you ride at the Youie's, it's good Karma to put in some work. After all it's someone else's hard work you ride when you're out there.

Shorerider.

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will try to be there if i can..my mate will come too who has ridden the track and we can bring tools and wheelbarrow.

samsty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It does indeed clash with round 2 of the Victorian State series at Barjarg. All our events have some voodoo curse that they always end up clashing with something. haha..

The GMBC guys are doing a great job with all the trails at the youies. Anyone that doesnt race downhill should go and help the guys out. It will just mean that there will be more trails for everyone to ride so dont be slack and make sure that you help out! Unless of course if you own a DH bike, then you sould be at Barjarg that weekend!!! hehe

Last edited:

Shorerider

Likes Dirt
You Yangs working bee.

Don't forget boys and girls that the working bee is today.

I also hope you all haven't forgot to move your clocks forward an hour.

See you soon, Shorerider.

atsunD

Likes Bikes
sorry I couldn't make it - some last minute stuff came up
please let me know of any others - I need some good trail karma

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
welll grave digger i am. trail digger i wasnt.

Since i wasnt at thw working bee, when this track/trail was being worked on, i dont really know the details, but by accident i found it the other day. seen some berms when driving up, pulled over rode them, rode them further then next thing i know 3 nice tables more berms more tables. ended up riding it for longer then i rode the DH for.

any way, is this section of the link trail officaly open yet? as i was told that not all of it is officaly open. somthing about the middle section being closed?
I just ask, as the jumps seem to still be very soft around the edge's, and so did some of the berms?

cheers alex.

Shorerider

Likes Dirt
Well it's not fully complete in some sections, so no it's not officially open.

Those jumps and berms may still need to be capped (top layer of dirt that hardens to prevent wear) before it does.

It may take one more working bee to get all the work done. I will post all the details once the date is set.

When? I couldn't tell you I'm affraid.:eek:

Cheers, Shorerider.