You Yangs

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Dear You Yangs,

how are you handling all the rain we have been having. I don't want to drive all the way there only to find you are not up to it.
Hope you are ok.
Please let me know.
Love always. JD

Nautonier

Eats Squid
PS we would also like to know if the new and improved track 13 has been re-opened so I can roll up to the rather large new jump you've built at least 20 times and not muster up the courage to hit it.

Faeros

Likes Bikes
PS we would also like to know if the new and improved track 13 has been re-opened so I can roll up to the rather large new jump you've built at least 20 times and not muster up the courage to hit it.
Which jump? Im hoping they re do or atleast clean up the very middle jump, its the only one I havent done just looks mega sketchy and has a huge kick on the ramp.

If your talking the jump at the very top just pedal around the berm before it and its a guaranteed clear.

trav

Likes Dirt
Dear You Yangs,

how are you handling all the rain we have been having. I don't want to drive all the way there only to find you are not up to it.
Hope you are ok.
Please let me know.
Love always. JD
Out this arvo, all good JD.

Track 13 remains closed , if any one choose to ride it , ( I know you wont JD) expect a spray .

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Which jump? Im hoping they re do or atleast clean up the very middle jump, its the only one I havent done just looks mega sketchy and has a huge kick on the ramp.

If your talking the jump at the very top just pedal around the berm before it and its a guaranteed clear.
They have built a new jump near the bottom, just before the big hip jump next to the large rock on the right. It's a fair size and looks fun, but requires some cajones. That middle jump is definitely sketchy, the short ramp pitches the back wheel up, making for some super nose-heavy landings... On race day only a handful of the A grade riders were nailing it.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Going out for a few laps tomorrow arvo. Will miss cressys but a few fast runs and a few slow climbs sounds pretty fun.

Faeros

Likes Bikes
They have built a new jump near the bottom, just before the big hip jump next to the large rock on the right. It's a fair size and looks fun, but requires some cajones. That middle jump is definitely sketchy, the short ramp pitches the back wheel up, making for some super nose-heavy landings... On race day only a handful of the A grade riders were nailing it.
New jump photo's attached. Since they have built a new berm on the off camber section down bottom (just before the cross step down) and flattened out all the ruts its prime for hard tails now. I think ill leave my AM home for a little while. I dont know if cajones would fit it? Its just a longer version of the jump at the top. Since its all flat now you can easily pedal flat stick up to it and simply clear it.

aa.jpg
a.jpg

dunndog

Eats Squid
Out of interest, how muddy was Wombat?
Too muddy mate. I reckon I rode about 7-800m and turned back. Too many long muddy water filled bogs(yep that's a fair bit worse than a 'puddle') to continue on without giving some sort of shit about the trail. and it was only going to get worse from there. Ended up riding up the gravel road and down a fire road, then turned left down a moto track. Figured that was already a torn up piece of shit so I wasn't gunna do any harm.
It is very wet out there though y'all, I'd recommend a good week+ of good weather before heading out there..

ringburner

Likes Bikes
Thanks.

Too muddy mate. I reckon I rode about 7-800m and turned back. Too many long muddy water filled bogs(yep that's a fair bit worse than a 'puddle') to continue on without giving some sort of shit about the trail. and it was only going to get worse from there. Ended up riding up the gravel road and down a fire road, then turned left down a moto track. Figured that was already a torn up piece of shit so I wasn't gunna do any harm.
It is very wet out there though y'all, I'd recommend a good week+ of good weather before heading out there..
Thanks man. Thought as such.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
When do you think we will be able to ride cressies again.
And how are the 2 dh tracks running? :decision:

shadow knight

Likes Dirt
Apparently Cressy is ready to shred according to bookface and was out riding bandages and turbulence last week end tracks are ok besides some water ruts in the landing of the blind step down. Weather permitting wouldn't mind giving Cressy a suss this wknd.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Apparently Cressy is ready to shred according to bookface and was out riding bandages and turbulence last week end tracks are ok besides some water ruts in the landing of the blind step down. Weather permitting wouldn't mind giving Cressy a suss this wknd.
that god dam rut almost caused me a lot of pain. heart skipped a few beats last time i hit it....

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah what are your favourite tyres for the Youies - for general trail riding.
Whenever I go to youies, I take a weight penalty and bang on Maxxis DH tyres, at least on the rear (usually minion). Last time I went there on the trusty nobby nic, I pinch flatted 3 times in about an hour on the rocky sections :drama:

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Whenever I go to youies, I take a weight penalty and bang on Maxxis DH tyres, at least on the rear (usually minion). Last time I went there on the trusty nobby nic, I pinch flatted 3 times in about an hour on the rocky sections :drama:
Yeah Moorey

I always run UST tyres or at least tubeless ready with sealant. Nobby Nics have large side knobs that fold on the sides of rocks- they are terrible out there. I currently have Ardents 29er UST front and rear but find the taller knobs a bit skatey on the gravel surface. The Ardents have quite a transition from centre to side knobs that I notice in corners - they give way then grip as they go from centre to side.
Surely a low profile -small knobs and lots of them would be best there- like a small block 8, racing ralph, Sugaro or Larsen. Then these tyres are crap in the wet on any other trail.
Thank you for your input Moorey

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah Moorey

I always run UST tyres or at least tubeless ready with sealant. Nobby Nics have large side knobs that fold on the sides of rocks- they are terrible out there. I currently have Ardents 29er UST front and rear but find the taller knobs a bit skatey on the gravel surface. The Ardents have quite a transition from centre to side knobs that I notice in corners - they give way then grip as they go from centre to side.
Surely a low profile -small knobs and lots of them would be best there- like a small block 8, racing ralph, Sugaro or Larsen. Then these tyres are crap in the wet on any other trail.
Thank you for your input Moorey
I raced there a couple of weeks ago, with conti race king tubeless. They are a small block, but nothing on the sides. I wasn't a fan. :scared:
I think it depends immensely on the moisture on the track. Then its dry out there (pretty dry yesterday), nothing much holds on. I only really consider tyre strength out there. I don't ride hard enough to lost traction in the corners like you hardcore dudes..:hail: