your best lbs experience

jumpers

Likes Dirt
BIKE WORKZ Erina Central Coast - excellent repairs, they even check over whole bike and ring with any dramas. Good mechanics, nice shop - nice prices and the mechanics actually ride:D.

Rampage Ripper

Likes Dirt
the bike shed mortdale are so awesome, they look after you heaps well, quick but quality services. i remember once i bent my fork stauntions so they fixed it for $240 for new ones and they serviced the bike for free. when i took it in to get fixed though the owner offered to lend me his bike for the time mine was getting fixed ( about 2 weeks i think ) when i bought my new bike ( norco rampage ) i got it for $1100. bargain. i've have had that bike serviced once. it has stood up to all my abuse since christmas . go there they are awesome people and are so passionate about there job and bikes.
i know hell on wheels is a bmx shop, but i ride bmx also. i told dad i wanted an 08 fit flow trail. so when dad and i went there to have a look. i walked in and there it was hanging up. the guy got it down for me and put it away for me for $1000 cash. down from $1200. sweet. but its on lay by and im at home wanting it so bad
these two shops are the best i've been to :D

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
His name is Paul, and yeah he always seems up for a chat, helped me out bigtime when I first started riding downhill, rode my avanti into the ground, bits hangin off everywhere, he got it back on the road with minimum cost and minimum fuss, I have had to ask him more than once if he is giving me the right price on repairs, good experiences every time.
Paul, that's right! Yeah champion bloke, if I ever need any repairs done I'll take it there for sure :) People like him are really contributing to the sport.

csd

Likes Dirt
Super Elliot's (Adelaide) - Went in to get my STP0 last Sat and I ordered the wrong size. They chased it up first thing Monday, got the right size and plus the extra parts I ordered this morning, and it was ready to be pickup this arvo. Great service all the way, and they kept in touch at every stage to let me know what was going on.

SMIIISH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Needed to get my rotors cleaned, I had it off the wheel, so I just handed them the rotor. They were used to cleaning them whilst bolted onto a wheel.
The bloke in there put it on the floor and sprayed the iso-alchohol on it then set it on fire, resulting in a flaming floor in the LBS!
The other guy working there said no. There is grease on the floor. So they put it on a broomstick, then proceded to set the broom on fire!

best $10 I ever spent!

The best part was that setting the shop on fire seemed completly normal to them!

(For those of you who don't know, cleaning rotors requires coating them in isopropyl alchohol and then evaporating it off quickly.)

SMIIISH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
separate incident I just recalled...
New frame, cranks, pedals, ASP, chainring, chain, seatpost etc...
essentially half a bike. Needed it assembled for the next day. Took it up to LBS and told them about the rush.

Hat off to the gents, they stopped working on everything else and put my bike at the front of the cue! They even kept the shop going for an extra hour to get it finished in time!
Top job done too (at no extra cost!)

EDIT: sorry about double posting everybody!

poppa_johns

Likes Bikes and Dirt
our LBS sponsering a heap of us local riders and giving us great deals.
thanks Brayden from Port Douglas Bike Center

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Extreme Cycles in Perth, where I brought two Hardrocks (first real mtb's). Shop gave a fantastic deal:10% off already discounted price for buying two, 15% off any accessories, and that was for then and in the future, and 3yrs free servicing. The shop doesn't exist any more, I guess the deals they gave must have been too good to sustain:confused: Anyway they were just great to deal with in general over email etc (we lived 800k's away in a town with no lbs). I guess the best thing was that they gave me instructions on how to service the Judy TT for the first service, since I wasn't able to make it back to Perth so soon.

For The Riders, great people to deal with, they are friendly and offer good advice.

Phantom Cycles, I'd say on par with FTR, I was impressed that they express posted my new brake hose even though I didn't need it in a hurry.

South West Cycles in Busso, for giving me a great deal on the STP and service afterwards. They seem to be a great family bike store, not so much one focused on DH or Road for example, but good overall which can be a rarity. The kind of store that will do that little bit extra for good customer service I think, and certainly one I would give my business to again.

syxx73

Likes Bikes
Ridgeways Cycles on Stafford Road, Everton Park
its been there for well longer than ive been alive (im mid 30's)
best prices, best advice, best servicing
need i say anymore ;)

syxx

Jonny26

Likes Dirt
Needed to get my rotors cleaned, I had it off the wheel, so I just handed them the rotor. They were used to cleaning them whilst bolted onto a wheel.
The bloke in there put it on the floor and sprayed the iso-alchohol on it then set it on fire, resulting in a flaming floor in the LBS!
The other guy working there said no. There is grease on the floor. So they put it on a broomstick, then proceded to set the broom on fire!

best $10 I ever spent!

The best part was that setting the shop on fire seemed completly normal to them!

(For those of you who don't know, cleaning rotors requires coating them in isopropyl alchohol and then evaporating it off quickly.)
Absolute comedy! :D

MBPL

Banned
New Wheel

The rim had cracked (internally under the rim tape, 16 cms long) after two years on my cross country racer.

Last edited:

billymtb

Likes Dirt
Bike force in ballcata (perth), great service, no job is too big, quick repairs.

i took my bike there for the back brake to be bled, 20$ and i got it back tommorow bargain!

how ever another more known shop it would have taken 7 days ( i found out) and costed 60 dollars.

Highly reccommend bike force!

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anytime i go into Phantom Cycles. Can't beat the guys for price or service, both sales and mechanical.:D

sam_westy

Likes Dirt
Took my bike in to gymea which is endevour cycles and ask if i could put it in he said he was way over booked but then he said ill just do it now. So he fixed my bent dics and bent derailer and sent me on my way totally cost free. That and when they do a general serivice that pull like everything apart and clean everything. When i got my bike back it was like it was new again and they charged me jack all.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Durban Cycles

Durban Cycles Sutherland for taking on an unproven 15 year old kid. Always patient with me and let me work on my bike.

NASHWORTH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The rim had cracked (internally under the rim tape, 16 cms long) after two years on my cross country racer. I emailed Hendry Cycles (Ocean Grove) a photo of the crack and in a week I had a complete new rear wheel including disc.

Great warranty and back up.
My dad goes takes his roadie into Hendry's, definitely the best bike shop I've been to.

Shrekmeister

Likes Dirt
Took my bike in to gymea which is endevour cycles and ask if i could put it in he said he was way over booked but then he said ill just do it now. So he fixed my bent dics and bent derailer and sent me on my way totally cost free. That and when they do a general serivice that pull like everything apart and clean everything. When i got my bike back it was like it was new again and they charged me jack all.

been going to George at endeavour for over ten years....better half comments that its like a saturday ritual...

small shop, however always great service and expert knowledge...

ultra_lord said:
Durban Cycles Sutherland for taking on an unproven 15 year old kid. Always patient with me and let me work on my bike.
:confused::confused: :eek:

there is a reason or two why i live two blocks from durban and prefer to go to Endeavour Cycles....