Your claims to fame

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I had 'relations' with this chick prior to some very famous Australian athlete. Wish I could mention who, you would all fall over!
[video=youtube;CAnAKPvy1KA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAnAKPvy1KA[/video]

The resurrection of this thread is timely as on Monday I saw David from 'David and Margaret at the Movies' in Sydney Airport. :cool:

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Last month i did a 120k race in Austria and rode for 20 mins with Gary Fisher on a long climb.

Had a really good chat before he finally pulled away. The old buggar beat me by 3 mins in the end.....

mtb1611

Seymour
Did some gigs with/got pissed and partied with Boom Crash Opera.
What an absolute stool sample of a band. That lead singer (Dale something or other) ranks with Kyle Sandilands on my "People I Want To Kill Slowly" list. What an utter twat.

Good list though matey.....!

My claims to fame....um....as a drummer, my hero is Cliff Grigg from V Spy V Spy. I used to see him on the stroll from Syd Uni to Redern station, sat g'day and have a chat...I was 19 or so at the time and it used to blow my mind that I was in the same postcode as him, let alone speaking to him. We played a run of gigs with "The Spies" (sans 2/3 of the band....) in 2007-2008 and it wasn't quite the same....

I kissed Marco Pantani on the cheek after he won at L'Alpe d'Huez in '97 and although off my chops I'm quite sure he then touched my ass.

Oh and I'm second cousins with the Nolan Sisters....I shit you not (google them if ye dare). Hey, ya can't pick ya famlee!

rone

Eats Squid
My car used to belong to Mal Meninga.

And I once went to a Quarry with Rhett Hutchence (Michaels Brother) to explode some sticks of theatrical dynamite.

mtb1611

Seymour
Oh for the love of god...

:disturbed:
God? Of what God do you speak? An all-caring God would not curse me with such cursedness as that with which I have been cursed! Damn you sir, you and your God!

Moving on, relatives of mine were members of the "Black and Tans" and were executed by IRA members in 1920. Ironically when my father left Eire in 1966 a distant cousin of his had been living in the cellar of the family's pub for months on end, as the police had been searching for him due to his role in an IRA "event" of some description.

Last edited:

I-AM-TEH-FASTEST-11

Blitzkrieg Films
I hung out with Swollen Members backstage
Met Fat Mike from NoFX
hung out with Pour Habit (resulting in a new tattoo)

My grandfather took part in the Great Escape
His brother (\=my great-uncle) recieved 2 DFC's or something insane like that
I'm related to Rev. Samuel Marsden

I don't know if any of that is really a claim to fame.. but I think the stuff about my grandfather is awesome. One day I'll go through all his letters and write it up into a book.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Ironically when my father left Eire in 1966 a distant cousin of his had been living in the cellar of the family's pub for months on end, as the police had been searching for him due to his role in an IRA "event" of some description.
Surely that'd be the first place to go looking for an irishman!? :confused:

mtb1611

Seymour
My Austrian wife claims her Granfather died in a concentration camp.
He fell out of a guard tower.:biggrin:
My Austrian mother-in-law keeps telling me to fetch things from the oven, all the while playing Dead Kennedys "California Uber Alles": dont' you worry it's only a shower....

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
There's a bit of ambiguity in that sentence NeBoS ;)
1) I had 'relations' with this chick prior to some very famous Australian athlete coming into the world.
2) I had 'relations' with this chick prior to her becoming a very famous Australian athlete.
Yer that was kinda the idea haha!