Your dumbest stack

Sparkman

Likes Dirt
A few weeks back, doing my last run on a pretty tame DH track. So tame in fact that I don't bother wearing armour. Hit the first berm a bit off, lost speed into the first jump, so after the jump I need more speed and start pedalling up on the flattest tamest piece of trail you've ever seen and then.... thwack.. pedal strike and OTB mixed up in the bike. New carbon lid keeps the head nice and cozy, but now has some nasty scratches, but the bars seemed to find my ribs... Lots of pain over the next couple of days, probably broken but I couldn't be bothered getting an xray to be told something I can already feel.

My prize stupid stack was many years ago riding home from work on a bike path. Council, in their infinite wisdom, placed a post in the middle of the bike path to disuade cars and other vehicles from using the path. At night, I only had a rear flashing blinker and the bike path was through a park which had no lighting. I remember thinking a few milliseconds before the impact, "better watch out, there's a post around here somewhere...." Next thing I knew I was flying through the air and onto the middle of the road. No major injuries though, just the usual scrapes.

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
Riding drunk and stoned at night with no lights with some of my fellow courier mates out on a pub crawl, we decided to have a race to the next pub so I took a shortcut through the back of government house and rode full speed and pedaling into a chain strung between 2 posts that I knew was there but had forgotten about.

The chain struck my head tube dead on and the bike stopped instantly anyway next minute I was airborne flying through the air but lucky enough to land on a patch of newly laid council turf which cushioned my, however because I was wearing shorts the chain made mince meat of my thighs as I flipped over it.

Anyway, long story short, after a few minutes I got up and checked if my bike was ok then carried on to the next pub to meet up with the rest of the group, being as drunk and stoned as I was I didn't feel hurt.. well not until the next morning anyway :p

So kiddies... Don't Do Drugs !!

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well today i stacked on the way to inspect my little dirt jump. I aplied the brakes and somehow slid out.

as my mate put it, I defied the laws of physics to crash.

dilstubs

Likes Dirt

Riding drunk and stoned at night with no lights with some of my fellow courier mates out on a pub crawl, we decided to have a race to the next pub so I took a shortcut through the back of government house and rode full speed and pedaling into a chain strung between 2 posts that I knew was there but had forgotten about.

The chain struck my head tube dead on and the bike stopped instantly anyway next minute I was airborne flying through the air but lucky enough to land on a patch of newly laid council turf which cushioned my, however because I was wearing shorts the chain made mince meat of my thighs as I flipped over it.

Anyway, long story short, after a few minutes I got up and checked if my bike was ok then carried on to the next pub to meet up with the rest of the group, being as drunk and stoned as I was I didn't feel hurt.. well not until the next morning anyway :p

So kiddies... Don't Do Drugs !!
That's fucking awesome! You were stoned...and drunk!

Repack Rider

Likes Bikes
Reaching down with my REAR BRAKE hand to loosen the seatpost QR and drop the saddle before the big downhill, then tapping the front brake and going OTB while going at about 3 mph. All caught on video, but you have to sit through the whole thing to see it at the end.

[video=youtube;1bQF1L1Ju7M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bQF1L1Ju7M[/video]

rone

Eats Squid
Reaching down with my REAR BRAKE hand to loosen the seatpost QR and drop the saddle before the big downhill, then tapping the front brake and going OTB while going at about 3 mph. All caught on video, but you have to sit through the whole thing to see it at the end.
Who cares about the crash. I just 'sat through' Repack with Joe Breeze and Charlie Kelly!

krtbrd

Squid
Face planted the huge new wall ride in whistler bike park, kept on riding the park and colorado parks for next 2 months got home in october with sore shoulder to find that i have stuffed the rotor cuff in my right shoulder and could be looking at reconstruction and 12 months off bike

Ben73

Cannon Fodder
1:
I was about to ride down a steep hill on my STP.
I said to my mate "Ill go get my helmet for this one" I start to ride off down a slight hill, my left foot was down as low as possible, and I hit a small tree stump with my left pedal.
I went over the hangers somehow into the bush next to to track.
The only pain I was in was where I hit a tiny pimple on my forehead then I didn't even know that I had.

2:
I was riding my STP down a downhill trail, stupid but had no other way to go that we knew of, I was going way to fast for a hardtail, I lost control and was trying to skid to a stop but I kept hitting bumps and rocks and couldn't balance, stop, or control the bike at all. Somehow I stayed upright.
Finally I actually began to regain control of the bike and started to slow down. I still was slightly off balance and still moving slowly so I put out my foot to rest on the tree stump next to the track to help me balance/stop. As I put my weight on the stump it gave way and crumbled to peices resulting me in falling off the side of the track down a small embankment.

I don't have good experience with tree stumps.

indica

Serial flasher
Stopped on a changed bit of track today.
Bike leant to the left and I went with it, maybe 2 feet down onto a slope with rocks.
Buggered my knee (cant walk well, SORE) and bent my rear rotor.

Last edited:

Norco Maniac

Is back!
road riding on my hardtail yesterday, pulled up at an intersection that hangs an uphill left, with a sharp drop to the left.

guess which foot i tried to put down?

cue Violet on her back with 17kg of bike on top, lucky the only injury was to my pride.

mtb1611

Seymour
New Years Eve, Appin. Doing a lap of the track in reverse, riding along the firetrail behind the houses just past the yellow car wreck, chatting with a mate, doing approx 20 kph. Not watching where I was going, straight into a log across the track, OTB, landed very heavily, cracked rib, torn pectoral muscle, bike landed on top of me and winded me, loads of skin off, fair bit of claret. Worst part? Tore my fave jersey! Absolutely pathetic stack, way too shameful. Finished the lap though!

bj4x4

Likes Dirt
i was riding to school, i went to ride into the school drive way and the next thing i know im lying in the school car park with some nasty gravel rash on my arm and a sore neck and head and some cuts on my cheek and chin. i got up and brush myself off feeling abit dazed and wondering what had happened and went and locked my bike up and went off to maths. Found out i had i test but couldn't focus properly and felt abit weird so i went off too first aid and then got told to go home. So the moral of the story is if ya wanna get out of maths test get concussion.

My dumbest stack would easily have to be when I was riding my hardtail to check the surf and I was to busy on my fone not watching where I was going and I rode straight into a parked car -.- only damage done was to my pride.

hennez

Likes Bikes
I reckon my worst would have to be when I was riding this old diamondback downhilling bike through the bush and looking down at the chainrings and the rear derraileuer because the gears were buggering up, next thing I knew i hit a bit of a pothole and went straight over the handlebars!!!:mad: