Your dumbest stack

Benny.T (B.A.T)

Likes Bikes
i've done my fair share of stupid stacks but i guess my dumbest was when i tried to transfer a dip jump and ending up landing on the down ramp sideways, flipping over to my back and getting my leg stuck in between my bars and my seat with the bike sticking up in the air. i was stuck there for about 2 minutes because my friends were preoccupied on the ground pissing themselves laughing:D

another time was when my friend was stopped waiting for cars at a pedestrian crossing and i drifted down a grass hill attempting to stop just next to him, but i acidently took out the leg he was standing on so he fell over followed by his bike, then my bike, then me. it took us ages to get all the pedals and the bars untangled!

danman

Likes Bikes
When i was riding near my friends house i went to jump this liltte shuit ramp and they had a cap gun and as soon as i went off the ramp i heard bang and so i looked back and i sore thet shot a he cap then before i new it i hit in to the edge of the fence and split my chin.:eek:

jwd

Likes Bikes
Dumbest stack

2 Entries for this thread.

No.1
Just got back from an injury free month of huge riding around British Columbia. Broke my collarbone at Terry Hills BMX track a day later when my front wheel washed out on a corner I'd done several hundred times.

No.2
Just back on the bike after the collarbone had healed and broke my scaphoid at Ourimbah trying to ward of an oncoming tree (ironically to protect my collarbone)

Stu the kid

Likes Dirt
I was at the local bmx track with a mate this is over a year ago, and i ride alot more then him. He attempted a jump and cased and i was like "pfffft, let me show you how thats done my friend" and i peddled up to it and hit it and then my nose dived i cased on front wheel over i went to a 8ft drop to flat onto my left wrist and hip, and i layed there for 2 minutes thinking about wat i just did... i got up and we went jumped in the car and it was a peaceful trip home without the slipknot playing loudly, and half way there, my mate looks at me and asks, "so is that how its done".:p was funny

nick89_

Likes Dirt
Didn't read them all but I think I take the cake. Just finished doing some work on my bike a week and a half ago, so naturally when I finished, I took it for a ride. Went down the driveway, did a manuel down the driveway, leaned a bit so I put my foot out to correct myself, as you do. I was only going at a jogging pace and my foot twists and snaps and there goes my tibia, fibula, ankle and some ligaments. It hurt so much that I passed out from pain. And I was operated on on Christmas Eve over into early Chistmas morning and had 5 pins put inside of me. All of that from something I have done a million times, and by just putting my foot at an awkward angle, that happened.

GuRhInDiZzLe

Likes Dirt
Didn't read them all but I think I take the cake. Just finished doing some work on my bike a week and a half ago, so naturally when I finished, I took it for a ride. Went down the driveway, did a manuel down the driveway, leaned a bit so I put my foot out to correct myself, as you do. I was only going at a jogging pace and my foot twists and snaps and there goes my tibia, fibula, ankle and some ligaments. It hurt so much that I passed out from pain. And I was operated on on Christmas Eve over into early Chistmas morning and had 5 pins put inside of me. All of that from something I have done a million times, and by just putting my foot at an awkward angle, that happened.
nico did that...wicked scar

Battler

Likes Dirt
Ok

how bout sitting on the top tube with both legs on one side (like a witch)
cruzing along then u turn and u fall on the side u have no legs
you can do nothing except fall it hurt
Pretty stupid
Happy stacking
Al
When did you do that? That was rather stupid wish i was there, not to help you but to point and laugh. And by the way are you sure the little half a foot jump you stacked on wasnt a better stack?

lol

noddy

Likes Dirt
was riding along on the wrong side of the road because i was about to turn right, i was about to go up a small rise so i stood up and hammered on the pedals, my shorts caught on my handlebar somehow and pulled it to the side... a short trip on 'over the bars airlines" into the road with my head about 10cm over the white sideline, cars were coming.

Povi

Likes Dirt
me and my friends were sessioning a wallride, and we were all sitting on our bikes infront of the wall. i come up the wallride at mega-high speed, turn off too early and run straight into my friend on his bike. clipped the handlebar and nearly broke a finger :eek:

'Ross

Eats Squid
Had plenty of good stacks but just recently I was riding in the city and I went to bunny hop a gutter onto a footpath which I do almost all the time with no effort at all but this time I somehow landed on an endo with my front wheel first and then flipped over the handlebars:confused: The bmx I was riding flipped a few times and surprisingly I was not injured.

MickyD

Cannon Fodder
had a stupid one yesterday.... riding along a flat, smooth, gravel track (next to the National Watersports Centre in Carrum).... a wasp goes in behind my sunnies and starts biting me on the nose, in the panic to get it out I grabbed the front brake too hard, and you can guess what happened next....
nice deep gravel rash on my arm, broken seat, two broken shifters, and a tetanus injection.

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hitting up I line of jumps at 6ish in the afternoon and when I got to the last jump i was going really slow but for some reason I thought I should do a no footer. Seat when up my arse very hurty.

budda

Squid
Was out with mates seshin Helensburgh. Comin back to the station just pinning it down the road muckin about. I decide to go up high on sombodys lawn. Take it to wide straight of the edge of a driveway head first into a big old helensburgh gutter. There about a meter deep and just filled with mud and sewer water no concrete. Endend up blowing up the front tube completely. Sore neck, windage so stupid.

Xmetal

Give this man a job, we want pics!
Forgotten what I was doing now but there was an occasion in town where i've rode into the odd parked car...must've been daydreaming or something. :eek:

Other incidents in town involved riding along Newcastle Beach to get to the skate park - I was riding south along the beach walk and encounted a large group of bikini-clad ladies: I tried going to the left of them (towards the sand)...weeee Concrete runs out, my front wheel drops into the sand and I fall to a relatively soft landing...I got laughed at. :D

My other stupid stack was a few years ago now, came down a rutted out hill up the bush with a mate not far behind me (was on a BMX), front wheel gets wedged behind a tree root and all my mate saw was the back of the bike go vertical, my legs flying all over the shop and me faceplant into the dirt.

I needed a bottle of water after that to get rid of the 'crunchy' sensation in my mouth. :rolleyes:

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Other incidents in town involved riding along Newcastle Beach to get to the skate park - I was riding south along the beach walk and encounted a large group of bikini-clad ladies: I tried going to the left of them (towards the sand)...weeee Concrete runs out, my front wheel drops into the sand and I fall to a relatively soft landing...I got laughed at. :D
Haha. Isn't that a 4ft + drop?

T-Bone

Likes Bikes
Three weeks ago I got my bike out of the car at the beginning of the ride. I was ready first so started doing warmup laps. I thought I'd do a few wheelies, which usually go well. This time I flipped it for some reason, didnt get my foot down in time (it was a shock that I flipped a wheelie) and landed on my wrist. It then swelled up and went blue.:(