• yes no

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • yes no

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

binner

Hath shat hymself
all talk

Huh? There's heaps of trails there man. Two weeks won't cut it for me. Want time to check them all out. You'll be fine though - just hitting A-line and all.

Lenses are $21.

I have to swing by the airport to grab those bike boxes cos they won't send them to my work.
where r u getting 2 weeks from?

Yeah yeah chitter chatter thats all I hear

sweet, 21 it is
Any benifit in me picking up the boxes?? would that help?

How did you go with bumping in earlier with David?

Last edited:

toodles

Wheel size expert
where r u getting 2 weeks from?

Yeah yeah chitter chatter thats all I hear

sweet, 21 it is
Any benifit in me picking up the boxes?? would that help?

How did you go with bumping in earlier with David?
Original plan was three weeks in canada yeah? With a week or so roadtripping. 3 - 1 = 2.

Apparently I can use my Qantas ID to score free bike boxes. Will give it a go. Shouldn't be this complicated.

David offered to extend the $100/night + tax price, but thats too rich for me on my own so will sort something.

Kram

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Kram , what run is the one that has the fuck off huge blind boulder drop in?. I think its kinda half way on the mountain and if you are facing down hill it's to the right of centre of the mountain.You kinda come into it on top of a flat section of massive rock then roll off blind. I know there are a few like that but this one always made me a lil scared. It was an expert run thats all I remember.Need to got back to that too......
Lower mountain or upper mountain? Joyride has 2 steep rock faces, but you can see the run out on one. Rock City has a really steep blindish one, but it's left of centre. The manager on Duffman is the steepest in the park (and shortest) and is left of the containers but they put a little concrete in the top to make it safer. Captain Safety is really steep and not very safe despite the name, In Deep has a couple and there's another to the right of the entrance of Goats Gully. There's one on Schleyer and one on Original Sin and the one you might be talking about could be Drop In Clinic on No Joke. Possibly one on No Duff, and there's always the rock roll/drop on the optional left high line 3/4 of the way down Dirt Merchant. Ride Don't Slide has the gnarliest one and South of Heaven will pucker the sphincter. But if you really want gnarly granite slabs, you need to ride the insane stuff they call XC in Squamish; it is afterall the granite capital.

No wonder it's so hard to decide what to ride next.

Any chance of complimentary airport transfers? :)

I just wanna get some extra time to suss out the place. Hate to miss out on anything.
Airport round trip is 3 1/2 hours from my place, so the bus is the go. I don't even drive to the airport when I go since the bus is nice and comfy and pretty reasonable and it's such a pain in the ass drive through the city. Search for perimeter bus lines or pacific coach lines. You can come straight to Squamish and I can pick you up at the bus drop point. You can spend the weekend at my place if you want and we can day trip to Whis or shuttle local or whatever. I think you get here on a Friday don't you? Then if you want to couch it up in Whis I can leave you there for the rest of the week before the other lads rock up. I'll be working week days til the 9th of July, then I have a week and a bit off.

toodles

Wheel size expert
Airport round trip is 3 1/2 hours from my place, so the bus is the go. I don't even drive to the airport when I go since the bus is nice and comfy and pretty reasonable and it's such a pain in the ass drive through the city. Search for perimeter bus lines or pacific coach lines. You can come straight to Squamish and I can pick you up at the bus drop point. You can spend the weekend at my place if you want and we can day trip to Whis or shuttle local or whatever. I think you get here on a Friday don't you? Then if you want to couch it up in Whis I can leave you there for the rest of the week before the other lads rock up. I'll be working week days til the 9th of July, then I have a week and a bit off.
Ok cool. Will organise the bus to Squamish. PM me your mobile number and I'll let you know when I'm on my way. Think I arrive in Van about 11am on Friday the 25th. Ironically, thats the same time my flight leaves Brisbane. Stupid time zones.

Keen to check out Plaza del Kram and ride the pump track with the backwards braking chameleon.

toodles

Wheel size expert
Stick it to the man and buy a Virginblue box. they are just as good and cost less. go on, you know you want to.
I'll wait until after my business class return trip before sticking it the man. Until then I'll stick with just misappropriating post-it notes and biros.

Mugger

Senir oMermber
What special tools everyone takng (not allen keys, spoke tools, tyre levers etc.), no point in all of us taking the same stuff if we can save weight?

binner

Hath shat hymself
mission statement

What special tools everyone takng (not allen keys, spoke tools, tyre levers etc.), no point in all of us taking the same stuff if we can save weight?
I'm taking the reusable plastic sheath and jelly beans

toodles

Wheel size expert
Shock pump, tyre levers, allen keys x 2, spoke key, shifter, screwdriver and wire cutters.

If I can't fix it with any of that - then its stuffed.

fallboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nearangatang Tomorrow

There is some light duty xc training going on tomorrow at Nerang. Doggy, Steve,Toods, I and two others are in.

Nerang is fun as. There is one particular DH push run called whimps that rocks. It is kind of like clear mountain except fun.

Meet at the velodrome 2pm for anyone who is keen

Kram

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok cool. Will organise the bus to Squamish. PM me your mobile number and I'll let you know when I'm on my way. Think I arrive in Van about 11am on Friday the 25th. Ironically, thats the same time my flight leaves Brisbane. Stupid time zones.

Keen to check out Plaza del Kram and ride the pump track with the backwards braking chameleon.
Ok cool, let me know when you have booked a bus. I PMd you my numbers.
No more Chameleon, I sold it before I left Oz. I have a Jackal now that loves the rear brake on the right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssyog5WNx5c

This within driving distance of whistler?
Why would you want to ride that gay shit for? It's in Kelowna and is 6 hours away. It could be part of a stopover on our roadtrip if you want to gay it up. But you can decide that at the time. I'm not a big fan of Silverstar Bike Park despite the rave reviews. There is very little tech stuff and the jumps suck so it's like riding Aline without the jumps with a couple gay wood things.

Bringing the special tool known as Mugger.
If you guys get hopelessly stuck, I have a pretty good selection of tools in my garage.

Last edited: