• yes no

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • yes no

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

binner

Hath shat hymself
whistle dixie

Yes , Yes EMF and I have also made a pact for next year in Whistler ...early July 14 days........see you there

$40 a week in a secret hole will be enough......;)

Quintin

Eats Squid
Yes , Yes EMF and I have also made a pact for next year in Whistler ...early July 14 days........see you there

$40 a week in a secret hole will be enough......;)
i challenge you to find it. this place is expensive. anyway trust me you will want something a little more confortable for that amount of time. its worth it so get a crew and stay together to cut costs. thats what we will do.

toodles

Wheel size expert
yo siz, tood, udi - u got mail. details comin your way.
Dave? Uhhhh.... Dave's not here man....

Wish I was there now ey Quint. Stupuid work. Stupid real estate. Life should be about chairlifts, riding and drinking whilst making excuses after slowness/stackage.

fallboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
bikes

I am thinking about buying a short travel bike to whack my 66s on.

But should I stick with a two bike system or go for a three bike system?

Should one of my bikes be more xc orientated? Or should I just keep churning a heavy bike with a chain guide around daisy and the gap?

toodles

Wheel size expert
I am thinking about buying a short travel bike to whack my 66s on.

But should I stick with a two bike system or go for a three bike system?

Should one of my bikes be more xc orientated? Or should I just keep churning a heavy bike with a chain guide around daisy and the gap?
How much XC do you do? I used the Rail and the BottleRocket for XC laps at Daisy and Gap Creek. While no flyweight XC steeds, they're certainly adequate for medium paced rides of about an hour. Any longer or more serious than that and I'd be tempted to say build yourself a whippet bike and a seperate freejibhuckin play bike.

fallboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How much XC do you do? I used the Rail and the BottleRocket for XC laps at Daisy and Gap Creek. While no flyweight XC steeds, they're certainly adequate for medium paced rides of about an hour. Any longer or more serious than that and I'd be tempted to say build yourself a whippet bike and a seperate freejibhuckin play bike.
I was thinking of something like a Brodie nemisis or similar. I normally do 1-2 hour curcuits at sub medium pace. What weight does a freejibhuckin playbike really need to be to be managable for xc muckabout? 18ishkgs too heavy? mind you I am kind of chunky myself.

binner

Hath shat hymself
preacher

i challenge you to find it. this place is expensive. anyway trust me you will want something a little more confortable for that amount of time. its worth it so get a crew and stay together to cut costs. thats what we will do.
dude ......it's not a challenge ...We've done this kinda thing a lot over about 7/8 yrs winter & summer......We got contacts in Whistler ,Banff, New York, LA, SF....
just get yourself healed up alright,get Kirk to rub in the ointment. Lucky you learn't your lesson from yr car crash and had insurance!!!!
the crew just isnt D/H guys either ...it's cool

on the subject of groups, anyone keen on coming to Banff for 2 weeks in mid jan for boarding?.......cheap as chips in a super smooth house.....FB? yr a snowboarder aren't you ?

Kirk, are you actually going to be there next year or are you done now?

heal up soldier

fallboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
dude ......it's not a challenge ...We've done this kinda thing a lot over about 7/8 yrs winter & summer......We got contacts in Whistler ,Banff, New York, LA, SF....
just get yourself healed up alright,get Kirk to rub in the ointment. Lucky you learn't your lesson from yr car crash and had insurance!!!!

on the subject of groups, anyone keen on coming to Banff for 2 weeks in mid jan for boarding?.......cheap as chips in a super smooth house.....FB? yr a snowboarder aren't you ?

heal up soldier

whats $estimate? overal?

toodles

Wheel size expert
I was thinking of something like a Brodie nemisis or similar. I normally do 1-2 hour curcuits at sub medium pace. What weight does a freejibhuckin playbike really need to be to be managable for xc muckabout? 18ishkgs too heavy? mind you I am kind of chunky myself.
BottleCock is about 16kg and it's very manageable for longish rides. You can build them up pretty light and something like a Brodie could be sub-16 easy enough. I'd say go for it. Where they let you down on climbs they make up for it on the DH and in the rough.

Quintin

Eats Squid

heal up soldier
ok i know your a seasoned traveller but ive been spoilt by kirk hey. we got internet, hot tub, nice place about 5 min or less from the chair. its awesome.

just get here however u like. we all gotta do this. the place is so busy and only about 20% are riders - the rest are smoking hot tourists. dont ask me what they are doing here.

also the bone yard is dead. its so big and gnarly that no one hits it. crazy

MadMatt

The MiniMan
Hey Quint, good to hear you got there ok, sorry to hear you axed

& your avatar thingy ...is that for me??? :) anyhow, we just hit 2woomba for some runs today while i was up there dropping off some mini parts, & now i`m off to Byron for a few days surfin, but i really do wish i was at whistler with you guys instead, i really do. Get well soon Quint & send us some more hell-mutt cam shit :)

siz

Eats Squid
Between the cheeks

BottleCock is about 16kg and it's very manageable for longish rides. You can build them up pretty light and something like a Brodie could be sub-16 easy enough. I'd say go for it. Where they let you down on climbs they make up for it on the DH and in the rough.
Bottlecockit or sx...Run a dual ring guide up front and the hills should become easier, otherwise do what i do and walk up em!

>>>All this talk of trippin is making me wet.

siz

Eats Squid
Weightwatchers

Suffering leakage from the pie hole again eh?:p
Off the pies for now, got me a packet of chips that says 25% lower in saturated fats, so does that mean i can eat the whole 185g pack? Washing it down with a coupla rum n cokes

binner

Hath shat hymself
it's miller time

Off the pies for now, got me a packet of chips that says 25% lower in saturated fats, so does that mean i can eat the whole 185g pack? Washing it down with a coupla rum n cokes
yes ,well Miller draft was on special, 39.95 a car tonne ...mmm nice few tall necks before sushi......yum yum yum

this excitement of Whist lick next year is making me think that we should rent a winnebago and do the yup road trip to whist lick...any interest?