YYMTBInc. Club Race-Cressy Descent 18th to19th September.

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
Another person asking..

But how much will it be for only the Sunday?
After having a meeting we all thought if people have there MTBA membership that $60 was still cheap for 1 day, considering the money that has to be put into the race to be able to run it, if we dropped the price and we only get 100 people turn up we would be running the event at a loss and that would not be good for a new club or any other club.

So the answer to your question is we will not be dropping the price if you turn up for 1 day.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I went down track 13 recently and almost bit the dust due to unexpected changes in the track at the big double. The B-line jump (to the left) had been removed thus making for a significantly slower line if not committing to the big boy which, as you all know, is quite the commitment... I heard a rumor that the B-line jump was going to be put back as so many people loved the big air with no consequences, does anyone know if that will be done before the race? If not I will have to muster up the courage to go BIG, which adds to further bike confusion. I feel much faster on my Reign 1 on that track than on my DH bike, but if there is the potential of casing the double I would definitely rather have 8" to fall back on...

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I went down track 13 recently and almost bit the dust due to unexpected changes in the track at the big double. The B-line jump (to the left) had been removed thus making for a significantly slower line if not committing to the big boy which, as you all know, is quite the commitment... I heard a rumor that the B-line jump was going to be put back as so many people loved the big air with no consequences, does anyone know if that will be done before the race? If not I will have to muster up the courage to go BIG, which adds to further bike confusion. I feel much faster on my Reign 1 on that track than on my DH bike, but if there is the potential of casing the double I would definitely rather have 8" to fall back on...
Why remove that jump. Isn't s'pose to be a "fun" race?

Brownie, whats the reason for the removal?

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
Why remove that jump. Isn't s'pose to be a "fun" race?

Brownie, whats the reason for the removal?
Its still there mate, i just have to find the time before the race and fix the lip up a bit, don't worry will get it done before next week.:)

Andy.

Likes Bikes
i'm 17 and this is my first ever race.

What category should I go in? (obviously not A-Grade)

AshR

Likes Dirt
i'm 17 and this is my first ever race.

What category should I go in? (obviously not A-Grade)
B Grade?

I'm in your boat, first race... but I have 12 years on you :p

will see if I can beat you down the hill :)

kill_switch

Dead-set Idiot
Wow, going for a forward 360 on the first jump of cressy! ( I can not think of any other reason you could crash that badly on that jump) Those XC guys have got way more balls than you downhill guys. I reakon the lyca brigade are going to whip those baggy shorts right off your downhill butts.....
Would you name happen to be Daniel B?

Ozza

Eats Squid
I would love to attend this event, but $60 for Sunday only! Are you giving away cash prizes or something? Surely having Sunday $40-45 will get atleast another 10-15 riders more turning up on that day who may not if its at $60, well this is definately the case for over 5 people I know with Saturday employment commitments. On a track the state government gives you grants towards track maintenance, on government land.... No doubt you will self cater a BBQ with marked up prices on both days!

Dont ask me to compare it to motocross, nor how much I spend on my bike......I just think your excuse about "running an event at loss" is pretty dull!

Last edited:

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
I would love to attend this event, but $60 for Sunday only! Are you giving away cash prizes or something? Surely having Sunday $40-45 will get atleast another 10-15 riders more turning up on that day who may not if its at $60, well this is definately the case for over 5 people I know with Saturday employment commitments. On a track the state government gives you grants towards track maintenance, on government land.... No doubt you will self cater a BBQ with marked up prices on both days!

Dont ask me to compare it to motocross, nor how much I spend on my bike......I just think your excuse about "running an event at loss" is pretty dull!
Yeah Ozza i am pretty dull mate, what was i thinking about $60 for one day that is a rip off, especially when we are racing on a track the Government is paying for and yeah i will make sure we drop the prices of the snags from $2 each.

Could you please let us all know how much the event will cost and prices we should charge for this race on a !GOVERNMENT! payed for track, WE ARE ALL DULL OZZA SO LET ME KNOW, we want to please every single person on the planet.

JUST A REMINDER TO EVERYONE THAT ANY MONEY RAISED FROM EITHER THE SHUTTLE SERVICE OR ANY OF THE CATERING WE RUN AT OUR RACES DOES AND WILL GO STRAIGHT BACK INTO THE MTB PARK TO PAY FOR THINGS LIKE TRACK 13

Looserider

Likes Bikes

Thats awesome as now we have 6 tight-arse knobs that wont be at a fantastic event whinging about whatever they can all day. So glad your not coming. Stay at home and spend the $60.00 you save on a "how to run a MTB event" course.