YYMTBInc. Club Race-Cressy Descent 18th to19th September.

kill_switch

Dead-set Idiot
Thats awesome as now we have 6 tight-arse knobs that wont be at a fantastic event whinging about whatever they can all day. So glad your not coming. Stay at home and spend the $60.00 you save on a "how to run a MTB event" course.
I hardly doubt that their tight-arses as ozz clearly stated that he has WORK commitments. Work, where you make money.
I up untill recently have worked every saturday for the last 4 years and its not a good feeling, hardly a tight-ass, Where simply trying to keep a job.

Drummond

Likes Bikes
You can please some of the people some of the time . . . but you can't please some people any time . . . ho hum.

B-Proof

Likes Dirt
I thought that the reason for this club race was partly a fundraiser. ie too raise money to help with the upkeep n upgrade of the awesome trails that we're lucky enough to have, n lucky enough to have a quality trail crew who put in the time n effort to constantly upkeep n upgrade these trails, for us. so surely if a few riders who think that $60 for 1 day shuttling/riding/racing is too expensive, can suck it up n hand over there hard earned cash for a good cause...

i bet you'd spend an extra $15 in a shout at the pub with ya mates without batting an eyelid.

Ozza

Eats Squid
Sweet club, glad to see you know how to take some open criticism on board!
I never said $60 for a weekend was expensive, all I ever said was no decriment for riders on Sunday only is dissapointing for people like me who work Saturdays. People saying ohh your a fucking tightass, put yourself in my perspective..... working your ass of for a whole day whislt others are riding and then turning up the next day to pay the exactly the same fee and have missed out on majority of the riding when theres only 4 hours of riding plus one run. This isnt even equivalent to the ride days you have bar the timing setup which are $40!

You wont be seing me at any of your club races within operation like that, and I know from word of mouth that I am one of a decent minority which could have made the event even bigger and better.

Last edited:

hugh007

Squid
I never said $60 for a weekend was expensive, all I ever said was no decriment for riders on Sunday only is dissapointing for people like me who work Saturdays. People saying ohh your a fucking tightass, put yourself in my perspective..... working your ass of for a whole day whislt others are riding and then turning up the next day to pay the exactly the same fee and have missed out on majority of the riding when theres only 4 hours of riding plus one run. This isnt even equivalent to the ride days you have bar the timing setup which are $40!

You wont be seing me at any of your club races within operation like that, and I know from word of mouth that I am one of a decent minority which could have made the event even bigger and better.
Hero.........

OT

Likes Dirt
I never said $60 for a weekend was expensive, all I ever said was no decriment for riders on Sunday only is dissapointing for people like me who work Saturdays. People saying ohh your a fucking tightass, put yourself in my perspective..... working your ass of for a whole day whislt others are riding and then turning up the next day to pay the exactly the same fee and have missed out on majority of the riding when theres only 4 hours of riding plus one run.

Maybe you should express your criticism a bit better then. Your first post was pretty harsh. You accussed the yymtb club of ripping people off with inflated race fees and snags on a "government provided track"!!!

They give up a huge amount of their spare time building and maintaining tracks. Then they give up more riding time to put on events to raise money to go back into building more tracks. The majority of people are pretty happy with the way they operate their club.

Bodin

GMBC
Enough

This slanging match is taking away from what promises to be a great event and it's not really proving anything or adding value to anything.

*I get that people are disappointed that there's no single day entry fee - that's your right.
*I get YYMTB's reasons for not having a reduced entry - that's their right.

But everyone else who's chiming in and adding NOTHING except fuel to the fire need to shut up and leave the talk to people who actually know the facts.

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think i agree with Ozz partly, that it seems a bit unfair, I too am working saturday and am now left tossing up whether is worth my money for just sunday.

But from the other side, $60 is about what you would pay to ride for one day at a state race, and if thats what the club needs to run at to cover losses then thats fair.
But i think if they dropped it, it could attract more riders, which would offset what they would of lossed from the $60.

Ozza

Eats Squid
Maybe you should express your criticism a bit better then. Your first post was pretty harsh. You accussed the yymtb club of ripping people off with inflated race fees and snags on a "government provided track"!!!

They give up a huge amount of their spare time building and maintaining tracks. Then they give up more riding time to put on events to raise money to go back into building more tracks. The majority of people are pretty happy with the way they operate their club.
It seems apparent that I should have! Reality is harsh, and this is an open forum to express opinions.... nothing ever improves without criticism! Whethere people find others valid or from the same view point is a completely different scenario.

What I meant by a government support track is, any track on private land doesnt receive grants or any form of support from anyone bar fundraisers by the club. "YYMTBInc were able to secure a grant through Parks Vic to help pay for the full re-build of track 4 which will commence not to long after the Boulder Track works".

I know trail building is hard work, many who are close to me know what I am like as a digger. Im not one of those jerks being disrepsectful towards the appreciation of it either (leaving myself open for stupid quotes...), and to do something like this you actually have to enjoy it and be highly motivated.

All I am getting at is, If you have such great support behind you like Park Vics as apposed to a club who needs to use these events souly as fundraisers (Long Gully & FTF), then wouldnt it look better on paper or in attendance by a ranger to see an event like this with 150+ riders having a ball seing the facilities they have funded go to even better use.... at risk of not making an extra few bucks, so additional riders can justify turning up on Sunday only.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
It seems apparent that I ..........................Snip..................additional riders can justify turning up on Sunday only.
Well said Ozza. You opinion is noted and hopefully respected by all here.

YYMTBInc does have the right as a club to make money to fund what ever their club needs or wants. Should we kid ourselves in thinking otherwise?

We have tonnes of volunteers in Victoria that do a fantaic job in building trails, organisng events and standing on the side off the side of race tracks as marshals. Why give them a hard time, be appreciative that we have somewhere to ride and we'll have a time at the end of the day.

orco

Likes Bikes
I'm looking at this as a way to give 60 bucks to the club as I know it is reinvested in blood, sweat and tears for our enjoyment. I plan to only ride sun as I have other plans for sat.

If you ride regularly at the youies then don't disrespect this clubs contribution by moaning about fees. These guys have full time jobs too and work countless hours on weekends to build and maintain tracks for all of us to enjoy.

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
Everything is set people its winding up to be an awesome weekend of riding and racing, dont forget parking is strictly in Drysdale Rd only, from here just follow the race village signs over to rego.

Team, sponsors and race tents are allowed to be set up on Saturday and Sunday.

Last edited:

AshR

Likes Dirt
Rad can't wait... got the gear mostly sorted for my first race :)

where are the "race tents" etc to be set up?

there isn't heaps of room at the base of T13....

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com

Hopefully it wont be the normal pit area as this will be away from the finish line.

Gravity Addict

Likes Dirt
few questions. i can down in roughly 3:30 on a hardtail whats the recommended class and have there been any recent changes to the track?

AshR

Likes Dirt
few questions. i can down in roughly 3:30 on a hardtail whats the recommended class and have there been any recent changes to the track?
Couple berm upgrades etc, and you'll be dropping in from a dump truck :D

I'm unsure on classes too, first race for me. guess we'll find out at registration

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
Hey Brownie,

Will drinks & food be provided on both days?

Yeah bro food and drinks will be available both days for a very small fee.
I think the coffee van should be there for both days as well.

The race village is beside the rd on top of the quarry, only about 50m from finish line heaps of room available for tents etc.

Take you about 10seconds to get to shuttles from here.

AshR

Likes Dirt
Awesome first day guys :)

I only had one stack... but it was a ripper to see apparently... Bike repaired for tomorrow :D

#155, say Hi if you see me