YYMTBInc. Club Race-Cressy Descent 18th to19th September.

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
Ok people the You Yangs MTB Incorporation is holding its first club race on Track 13 on the 18th and 19th of September. This will be a timed race from top to bottom.

The reason we chose this track is it will give people who don't usually race an opportunity to have a go and step up with a track that i am sure everyone is familiar, this will also give the XC riders a chance to see if they can for once try and get one over the Downhiller. Track 13 will also be the perfect time for the young ones to have a go.
CASH AND PRIZES UP FOR GRABS
DATE- 18th to 19th September

TIME- Saturday practice 10:00am - 4:00pm rego open from 9:00am
Sunday practice 8:00am -12:00pm racing from lunch time onwards.
Sunday rego will close at 10:00am

REGO- Bottom of track 13

Shuttles- Yes, they will pick you up from bottom of track 13 and turn
around at Stockyards car park

PRICE- $60 with MTBA racing membership
$80 if you need a weekend racing licence
These prices include shuttles all weekend.

So people spread the word and get up there for a great weekends racing.

All information will be up on our web site during this week sometime.

Thanks again Dave
(You Yangs MTB Inc.)

Last edited:

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds good!

Have you got a limit on numbers? I'm definately going to try and get down there for it. Should be a fun weekend!

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Awesome! Will this have the same rules as a downhill race? As in fullface, bar ends, etc?

RGN

Likes Bikes
? full face helmets

Maybe it should be a XC sprint. There will be a lot of people(like me) who do not have a full face helmet.

Staunch

Eats Squid
Can't wait, will be sweet :)
If you rego for sunday only will it be cheaper?
Know that track like the back of my hand and don't think I can make it up both days...
Either way, should be good :)

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maybe it should be a XC sprint. There will be a lot of people(like me) who do not have a full face helmet.
Hire one...? I think enforcing the standard DH race rules is a step in the right direction... as it is essentially being run as a DH track, albeit slightly easier than the rest!

Count me in.

MONSTER MOFO

Cannon Fodder
Cressy Race

cool. Im 11 yrs old and my name is felix I will def be there, In the mean time I will moto whip at ride day on sunday.:cool:

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
Race Catagories

Categories will be as follows- A B C D, open women and kids class/under 15's

Classes will run pretty much the same as King OF Ballarat.

AshR

Likes Dirt
I'm dead keen on this, wont have a DH bike by then, but my body armor should be here this week.

Guess my XC bike will get a bit of a beating instead ;)

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm dead keen on this, wont have a DH bike by then, but my body armor should be here this week.

Guess my XC bike will get a bit of a beating instead ;)
I imagine a XC bike or hardtail will be the fastest down just casue you can crank like crazy and be super efficient.

wish i had the weekend free would be interested to see how fast/slow I go down cressys