Back to amputate your legs: The Angry Doctor, 2009

October26

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What use would that be? These events aren't run under the auspices of MTBA and typically less than 20% of the entrants are MTBA members.
True, I don't think it has happened yet. Lets hope it doesn't and we continue to have many excellent events in this country.

gbowen444

Likes Dirt
Any ideas why the "porvisional list" has 1193 people on it when entries are limited to 1000?

I wonder if this includes the nasty nurse, even though they don't mention it?

dr.evil

Likes Dirt
Any ideas why the "porvisional list" has 1193 people on it when entries are limited to 1000?

I wonder if this includes the nasty nurse, even though they don't mention it?
You may find that there is a fair bit of doubling-up of names. For example there is 6 Annalisa McKay's entered in the same category.

Lanky Love

Likes Dirt
Perhaps, but because of the stupid 'login system', some people have the wrong names. For example, my dad is entered as racing the old fellas race and open male (which is menat to be me). This happened to another family I know, where the son is entered as racing the Juniors and Vets.

BT180

Max Pfaff
From AROC website -
If you would still like to pre-enter the Nasty Nurse 11km prologue on the Saturday or purchase a limited edition event jersey CLICK HERE
Has anyone tried to do this? I've got an entry for the Doctor, but I forgot to add the prologue. According to the above I should still be able to, yet when I try, all the options are greyed out.

Last edited:

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Last year i just rocked up and entered on the day. I don't think as many people do this one as they are saving themselves for the day after. Ill probably have a spin in that one but won't bother pre booking

BT180

Max Pfaff
I'll probably do that then. I wouldn't mind having a (very) small reccy of the track beforehand seeing as I've never been there before.

sly_artichoke

Likes Dirt
Anyone caught selling entries at an inflated price should have their MTBA licence revoked and never reinstated.
I agree. Unfortunately, AROC events don't require a licence, as they're fully insured. As always with these popular events, you just have to get in early. Missed the DW100 for that reason, but redeemed myself for the Angry Dr.

Lots of training here I come.

mrtaken identity

Cannon Fodder
I need an entry!!!

Yep, like many others ive missed out. the problem is for me this is my local race and i just cant miss it! it is literally my back yard.....

So, if anyone is keen to get rid of their entry in the 50km event, please give me a call anytime! my number is 0405 458 136, or email me from this site. I'm willing to pay good money for it :)

Last edited:

ssb2005

Likes Bikes
hi, does anyone know when the entry dates close for this one, ie when / if it usually sells out, i am interested but i dont know if i can get time off untill later.
cheers

chops007

Likes Dirt
You may find that there is a fair bit of doubling-up of names. For example there is 6 Annalisa McKay's entered in the same category.

would this be because the one person has paid for all the entries..

i feel a whole team turning up here.. there is not many high end riders... no rockstar no bmc guys... whos it going to be..

timing is everything

ssb2005 not sure if you've read the previous posts but the angst your probably feeling is the fact that it sold out in 4 days. Join the queue or stay posted from about august to snap up late cancellations.

McBain

Likes Bikes and Dirt
would this be because the one person has paid for all the entries i feel a whole team turning up here.
Err, no. I think you are reading way too much into it.

(Plus the AROC owners know her, so even less than zero chance that'd be the case here.)

Lanky Love

Likes Dirt
Err, no. I think you are reading way too much into it.

(Plus the AROC owners know her, so even less than zero chance that'd be the case here.)
It is very likely so. I entered myself, then tired to enter my dad using the same login, now they have changed my name to my dads name. So if anybody has entered lots of people with the same login, then they will all have the same name. Once again, I hate AROCs system of entry.

On a side note, I bet any good rider that wants to enter late, which will result in a few late Elite entries. However, my pick for the win will be Shaun Lewis, hes hard to beat when he is racing the best, and the bes arent racing (so far) so I think hes a good chance. However if Sid or Chris rock up (or anyone from worlds for that matter) then it could be a completly different story.

stickso

Likes Dirt
Just wondering what the terrain is like in Mogo? I used a Nobby Nic front/Racing Ralph rear for the dirtworks so would this be a good combo for the Angry Doctor as well?

ACNRS

Likes Dirt
Just wondering what the terrain is like in Mogo? I used a Nobby Nic front/Racing Ralph rear for the dirtworks so would this be a good combo for the Angry Doctor as well?
you might need some grippier tires that racing ralf on the back cause those hill are bloody sttep and you would probably be back wheel spinning the whole way up them, the hill also get pretty dusty which makes them more slipey. but as always it comes down to personal preferance. but the nobby nic on the front should be alright

bingobong

Likes Bikes
Those shoud be fine. I ran a Racing Ralph 2.1 Front and Stans Crow Tyre 2.0(basically a slick) last year and it was pretty good except for a few wet/muddy places where the Crow slipped a little. The track is mostly buff and fast singletrack (which is awesome) and fireroad and heaps of climbing (Dirtworks only has about 2/3 climbing compared to Mogo). If it's dry I'll probably run the same combo again if a little wet I may throw on a Racing Ralph on the back.

Lanky Love

Likes Dirt
Last two years its been a bit wet on the single track and stuff (a few muddy sections) which would require some grip on the front for cornering, at the back you need good grip for climbing. Im a fan of the Maxxis Ranchero on the front (slickish centre, gripy on the side) and somthing like a Crossmark on the back (grips ok on the climbs, still rolls pretty fast). id test a few tyres out on climbs, find somthign will the least rolling resistance that will still allow you to climb well.

rangie

Likes Dirt
crow ?

Those shoud be fine. I ran a Racing Ralph 2.1 Front and Stans Crow Tyre 2.0(basically a slick) last year and it was pretty good except for a few wet/muddy places where the Crow slipped a little. The track is mostly buff and fast singletrack (which is awesome) and fireroad and heaps of climbing (Dirtworks only has about 2/3 climbing compared to Mogo). If it's dry I'll probably run the same combo again if a little wet I may throw on a Racing Ralph on the back.
Whats the bike, riding weight, pressures etc ?

Have you run crow in front ?

thanks

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
I ran a Racing Ralph 2.25 out back and a 2.4 up front on my 29er SS last year and the combo was great... ran about 28 PSI out back and 33 in front. Ok, so the 28 was a little low (pinch flatted at about 85km) but grip wasn't an issue even on the SS trying to climb up some of those early hills in 33:18.

Unless its been p*ssing down, i'd err on the fast rolling side of the equation - even something like a Furious Fred would work (no centre tread to speak of but side knobs for traction). I'm thinking something like Stan's Raven's would be the gee ohh (crows are just a little 'slick' lookin for me) or perhaps a FF rear, RR front?