Back to amputate your legs: The Angry Doctor, 2009

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
thanks pizzaz, this is what my initial impressions were (on very short ride of the 5's). Like you I like the simplicity of them, hence the question. Run xtr usually and have moved current steed to ultimates for about a year now. The issue appears to be the very small resevoir make bleeding etc critical. The lack of the shimano type rubber bladder on top does not help.

yes, in a longer race one might be struggling for braking due to fatigue.....still tempted to try them though :)

in terms of reliability, have you have any issues at all ?
None whatsoever... I have found that the when they get _really_ muddy sometimes the mechanism gets a bit gummed up (sticks) but its more on the cable than the actual brake (i.e. the brake returns to its proper position but the lever doesn't).

I've heard that running shimano rim brake levers (XT) with then is the go for feel etc but so far I've stuck with the standard Avid ones. Most of the racing I do tend to be 100km or 8hr events on it and had no dramas...

gbowen444

Likes Dirt
The AROC site has been saying "A complete list showing which event you are in will be posted shortly" pretty much since it sold out.

My idea of "shortly" is a few days, not months.....

72Fury

Likes Dirt
Yeah Iv'e seen it as well.....
Where ?

The provisional list has been up for weeks but the website says "a complete list showing which event you are in will be posted shortly". This is the list we are still waiting on.

ando63

Likes Bikes
I think the provisional list is 100 km + 50km all together they just haven't separated them yet into which distance . I think i know which i'm doing ,my visa statement tells me so.
If your on the provisional list your riding.....:)

cheers

Knopey

Likes Dirt
The provisional list may also include those who've just entered the Nasty Nurse since you can pre-enter that.

... that sounds so dirty :eek:

Newton

Likes Dirt
Good luck Josh Carlson, the one & only elite entry :D, he's a top rider, he races with the scum crew at Nowra regulary and hold 2-3 of the lap records for the single tracks there ...

chops007

Likes Dirt
Good luck Josh Carlson, the one & only elite entry :D, he's a top rider, he races with the scum crew at Nowra regulary and hold 2-3 of the lap records for the single tracks there ...
ill put 20 bucks on shaun lewis then dan mackay a close second...

Newton

Likes Dirt
Good luck all, it's tougher than the forest leg of wingello, then the irate intern entrants have something to be scared of ...

Last edited:

tjb

Likes Dirt
Anyone got a 100 km entry for sale ?

Interested if anyone has a 100km entry for sale .... PM me here thx

tjb

Likes Dirt
Anyone wanting to sell 100km entry

I'll happily relieve anyone of the pressure of the Angry Doctor if they feel their training is underperforming vs their expectations ;-)

PM me here or email doctor@thepiker.org

chops007

Likes Dirt
My money is on you Chops - after a fast start ;)
check out the pics from last year.... who does that pink blurr look like :) leading thru old mogo town...

sorry if ya lose some money this year.... but ill be giving it a fair crack..

and will just have to see wat the doctor has to say about it....

72Fury

Likes Dirt
^^Would of been good if they made the list with every one in there age categories and distance.
Are you looking in the right place ?. The updated list has entrants listed by age category for the Angry Doctor, Irate Intern and the Nasty Nurse prologue.