Silly things that you used to believe when you first started riding

mattyd

Likes Dirt
That Monster T's where the best forks you could buy.

That Bender was an awesome rider.

That bikes had to be heavy to be strong.

That 12 inches of travel was the ultimate.

That girls thought you where cool if you did manuals or hucked stairs in front of them.

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
nokian 3.0 tyres were ultimate.

my huffy's front disk brake was the bomb

z1 drop offs.. in either lime green or orange orange

HST.. Huffy suspension technology.. apparently.

then once i got my scab - suspension was for suckers

then once i got my stinky - suspension was awesome

metal file + brake rotors = slotted rotors

i also rememb er when there were a bunch of canberra dudes featured in AMB for huckzoring the deakin anticline. pretty much wet myself cos i did that shit rigid yo!

EDIT: one mate had a red mountain cycle with monster Ts, yellow raceface prodigys, Mavic D321 and High rollers. coolest guy i ever met.

Hope Big 'uns

Barrington

Likes Dirt
I used to think that chicks dig dh bikes, but in my whole time of riding, ive only had one gf, and she couldnt even tell between my bike and a malvern star

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
I used to think that chicks dig dh bikes, but in my whole time of riding, ive only had one gf, and she couldnt even tell between my bike and a malvern star
chicks wouldn't know the difference between an IH sunday and a Sunday bmx. chicks don't dig bikes, chicks dig scars. tell em you got those skin sutures defeating an alligator and she'll be more impressed than some "dumbass who fell off his pushy one day"

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well back when Cadel Evans was an awesome XC racer I thought Disc Brakes were just a fad, actually I was pretty happy I brought my Hardrock the year before they changed the frame to look beefy and added the disc brakes, but as you would have it one of my main reasons for upgrading about 5 years later was to go to dual suspension and I didn't think the frame was worth upgrading because it didn't have disc brake tabs;)

But way before then I thought I could simplify / modify / lighten up my Dunlop MTB to look or become a bit more like the bikes in the Magazines! Ha ha, what a person does when they get the "upgradeitis" bug but has next to no money!

I was trying to figure out how all the riders in the magazines could run their saddles so high.

Slogging it along singletrack going up some hill in Canberra this guy on a decent bike flies past me, I thought he was just super fit, never realized how much easier it would have been riding a lighter bike .....my Dunlop was about 18kg.

My bike got stolen during a "film night" at the college, I replaced it with the same thing but the new Dunlops had front suspension and a friend of mine thought it was so cool.

madboy

Likes Dirt
- When I started I thought hydrolic disk brakes were the shit.

- If you could manual far you were the best rider.

- Back when I really first started riding, I was mezmorised by someone who could bunny hop a gutter.

- Bunny hopping was hard.

- Huffys were the best bike going around.