The riding thread.

fieldy

Likes Dirt
Been learning heaps of new stunts on the bmx lately =D

Pretty happy for only a week of riding bmx so far! xD

Patto + BMX = Planet destroying inverts!

Also, if anyone is potentially interested, my 2010 Terrible One Ruben build is for sale on here.
Not that I want to sell it but, y'know, circumstance dictates.
Check the link in my sig'.

Last edited:

Drew.

Eats Squid
I will probs run males. Why change something that works?
For the sake of a smoother look, lighter (not by a flea dick, but never the less). There are a couple factors, really.

What kind of troubles with the front hub?
I'd be curious to know, too. I run Profile minis, with a 3/8" up front, and i've put it through a lot of hard smithing and chinking and all the sorts, and have never had a drama with them? I can't see how you would have a problem, a CrMo or Ti bolt with an allen key head isn't going to be any weaker than the equivalent CrMo or Ti straight through axle that is tightened with a nut...

birmY(>_<)

Likes Dirt
my front proper hub is still running awesomely, and there was so much shit talked on the female rears, but thats fucking rad aswell, so smooth

MICK...

Likes Dirt
I can't fault my back hub, its awsome. But I've had to replace the bearings twice in 2-3 months up front becuase after about a month, it just sounds like its been in there for centuries and and makes funky clucking sounds. I'm not hard on it, never ever run pegs. I think I've go it all sorted now, and it's been running super latley.

And why change something that works ... maybe so it works better (ligher, cleaner look, just as strong, etc.)

I think the majourity of front hubs on the market would be female axle?

birmY(>_<)

Likes Dirt
I can't fault my back hub, its awsome. But I've had to replace the bearings twice in 2-3 months up front becuase after about a month, it just sounds like its been in there for centuries and and makes funky clucking sounds. I'm not hard on it, never ever run pegs. I think I've go it all sorted now, and it's been running super latley.

And why change something that works ... maybe so it works better (ligher, cleaner look, just as strong, etc.)

I think the majourity of front hubs on the market would be female axle?
the new proper fronts have two buff bearings instead of the four lil ones in ours

Grant_9

Likes Dirt
patttto, so rad! bmx suits you ha :)

in other news, i discovered today its really easy to hurt yourself doing splice jams...