2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So is it true? Is Gordo out?
My second hand information (person to person, not internet rumours) is that the arm is broken. Whether its a Cadel Evans type fracture or a full blown cut in half type I dont know... even if its a little one, Porkbarrel is going to hurt...

The question now needs to be answered, who has the pace to stay with Tony Hogg for the first 18 hours?

rangie

Likes Dirt
QRings are super high quality... so yes good longjevity and shift very well.

Rocket Rons are the lightest UST tyre on the market (To my knowledge) and so far we haven't had any major issues... but that's probably due to the calibre of the rider ;)
Thanks Norm good to know. Yes lots of tyres to choose from, some a lot lighter than others :)

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
MAybe a dumb question and maybe this has been answered already somewhere between all of the hundreds of emails, posts etc, but is there somewhere that updates of lap times, placings etc will be posted??
I have family and friends who want to follow from afar.
Times will be live on the web, hourly video highlights updates.

Links should be posted Monday on the event website.

rangie

Likes Dirt
Heh, lets see if Tony Hogg has the pace to go with Tony Hogg for 18hrs first...

Cheers
Spoonie
We will know around 12noon sunday !

Lot of other suspects will be waiting for a chance to hit the course at pace for the full 24hrs.

Last edited:

rangie

Likes Dirt
My second hand information (person to person, not internet rumours) is that the arm is broken. Whether its a Cadel Evans type fracture or a full blown cut in half type I dont know... even if its a little one, Porkbarrel is going to hurt...

The question now needs to be answered, who has the pace to stay with Tony Hogg for the first 18 hours?
still sounds like a rumour :)

Kris_on_1

Likes Dirt
There's hail a happening at Stromlo. Wasn't this one of Jebus' training suggestions? Be 3 hours from home in a hail storm without food or water?

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
1 week to go

wow i'm really really excited,
I have pulled my bike out of the box which it has been in since easter
I just need to oil the chain, take it for a spin around the block tomorrow.
I do need some new gloves though.

all i have to do now is drink some wine and relax

gixer7

Likes Dirt
Rocket Rons are the lightest UST tyre on the market (To my knowledge) and so far we haven't had any major issues... but that's probably due to the calibre of the rider ;)
Well to be fair Furious Fred UST's are lighter (mine measured @ 410g each). Rather limited trail potential of course :)

gixer7

Likes Dirt
gixer you on FF's ? man thats braver than crows for sure :D
haha not normally but I couldn't resist getting some to try out. I had one on the rear for the Syd 24. After arriving at Del Rio I regretfully had to give in to and switch back to a RK.

I've not had a chance to try them out again due to injury and the fact they are the hardest damn things in the world to inflate even with a compressor!

I haven't given up on them yet though!

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
haha not normally but I couldn't resist getting some to try out. I had one on the rear for the Syd 24. After arriving at Del Rio I regretfully had to give in to and switch back to a RK.

I've not had a chance to try them out again due to injury and the fact they are the hardest damn things in the world to inflate even with a compressor!

I haven't given up on them yet though!
Yes good call about the FF's... I would love Jess to try them out one day... I think they are the shiz!

spikenet

Likes Dirt
Russ,
I must have missed the brief, but whats the go with the Kitchen in the pits? Seem to remember seeing it on one of the pit maps. What is available for use?

thanks