2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

quiggs

Likes Dirt
Can you include on the map where it is safe to fall asleep on the bike and crash and where not to fall asleep and crash

greatly appreciated

quiggs

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can you include on the map where it is safe to fall asleep on the bike and crash and where not to fall asleep and crash

greatly appreciated

quiggs
Refer to the sections marked climb

edit: Also, is the Holdens creek section that descent from the recent 7 hour which got a little bit slippery with all the rain... that could be interesting under the cover of darkness
Or is it just that optional extra bit of singletrack at the start of the 1 Loop

edit edit: Also, locals, how many hour of using lights are we expecting?

Last edited:

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Solo Rider Numbers, Lists, Pit Allocation

All the info is in the news items on the Event Website.

You can go straight to the plans of the Event Village and the Dyna Sys World Solo Pit Row at the end of this album. Best to download them for a close up view, but they are about 7 MB each.

DaGonz

Eats Squid
For you? 18hrs....

everyone else will check the weatherzone site for sunset and sunrise times in canberra, and find there's about 12hrs worth either side.

Are you seriously only thinking about how much light you will need 1 week out?

On the lights front, don't forget to burn test your batteries. it's handy to know your 5 hour battery is only going to last 3hrs or your charger has become flakey now than at 2am.

Cheers
Spoonie

Blingerific

Likes Dirt
Refer to the sections marked climb

edit: Also, is the Holdens creek section that descent from the recent 7 hour which got a little bit slippery with all the rain... that could be interesting under the cover of darkness
Or is it just that optional extra bit of singletrack at the start of the 1 Loop

Holden's Creek is the first loop out of transition with no real descending, though the road through the creek can get sloppy if it is too wet.

Geoscience Aust (http://www.ga.gov.au/bin/astro/sunrisenset) give the following info for next weekend;
STROMLO, MOUNT Lat=-35°19'00" Long=+149°00'00"
TIMES OF SUNRISE AND SUNSET
(for ideal horizon & meteorological conditions)
Time zone: +11.00 hours
09/10/2010 Rise 0630 Set 1913

So lights will be required for 12 hours or so, more if it is cloudy/overcast.

Cheers!
Mullet

DaGonz

Eats Squid
All the info is in the news items on the Event Website.

You can go straight to the plans of the Event Village and the Dyna Sys World Solo Pit Row at the end of this album. Best to download them for a close up view, but they are about 7 MB each.
And killed my poor netbook ;)

I'm guessing R/BC is the battery charge tents? I reckon that toilet and shower truck is going to get a working over 1pm Sunday arvo...

Rambler

Likes Dirt
I am thinking of setting up camp on Wednesday and then returning on Friday. I am sure Russ posted a message many many pages ago in regards to the presence of security at Stromlo, can anyone remember whether security starts Wednesday or Thursday?

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
I'm guessing R/BC is the battery charge tents?
R/BC is Results (computers) and Battery Charging.

I am thinking of setting up camp on Wednesday and then returning on Friday. I am sure Russ posted a message many many pages ago in regards to the presence of security at Stromlo, can anyone remember whether security starts Wednesday or Thursday?
The campsite opens for setup at 1500 Thursday, so setting up on Wed will be difficult :confused: Security permanent from Thu to Sun nights inclusive.

Rambler

Likes Dirt
R/BC is Results (computers) and Battery Charging.

The campsite opens for setup at 1500 Thursday, so setting up on Wed will be difficult :confused: Security permanent from Thu to Sun nights inclusive.
Ok, thanks Russ and thanks for putting up with all the constant questions from riders. Your communication and promptness of returned messages has been awesome.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hope you fellas like vuvzellas... ;)
Best support crew there I will say.
I'll see your vuvuzella, and raise you a bagpiper

edit: does anyone know where I can buy a magicshine battery at short notice?
Or if somebody has one/ knows somebody who has one who won't be using theirs, I'm happy to rent (your choice of cash or beer)

I've got 5 (to power 2 lights - so basically rotating 2 batteries, with an emergency spare) but rotating 3 pairs seems much easier/ less prone to user error

Last edited:

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
entry points to solo pit row for crew

Hi Russ, thanks for the constant info updates.

Just wondering at which points our crew will be able to enter the solo pit row.

thanks

macboy

Likes Dirt
I'll see your vuvuzella, and raise you a bagpiper
Maybe I'll stop at your pits and give you a tune. Keep an eye out for the Virtue with the 'Bagpipe Dave' decals. Provided I'm not fighting for the wi.. ha ha, can't even type that. The more noise and fun the quicker the night will pass hopefully.

How about this, two birds one stone, Vuvuzella bagpipes
If I did see this in the middle of the night I'd probably punch him in the throat!!:)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WkzQI8BBCU

Last edited:

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Also, whats the go with the two vertical rows on the right which kind of look like they are on the other side of a fence, are we outside the carpark on that grass near the trials set up or is my perception of scale wrong? (or am I not even orientated correctly and just completely wrong)

Blingerific

Likes Dirt
Also, whats the go with the two vertical rows on the right which kind of look like they are on the other side of a fence, are we outside the carpark on that grass near the trials set up or is my perception of scale wrong? (or am I not even orientated correctly and just completely wrong)
The edge of the car park is at far right behind the toilet trucks. Those rows you see are over towards the main car park, just the lines (which are traffic flow lines for riders in/out) that has confusimicated you. :D

Last edited:

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The edge of the car park is at far right behind the toilet trucks. Those rows you see are over towards the main car park, just the lines (which are traffic flow lines for riders in/out) that has confusimicated you. :D
but if you follow the pink line (riders flow) along the top row of pit areas (in front of the nutty singlespeeders) it passes through a symbol which I reck means gate -before going past the two vertically stacked rows of pit spots - before it does a big U turn onto the track to go through the mousehole