The riding thread.

Drew.

Eats Squid
why do people ride these ridiculous bikes? it is competely beyond me
Um, because it's fun? Why do you ride a bike 9 sizes too small for you?

to look 'cool' and display their complete homosexualness.
Yeah, totally dude; not to mention to get fit/being able to get places without using cars/having a blast at the same time? Sounds pretty, pretty gay to me. But hey, BMX is the only thing that should be ridden to display how hardcore you are.

Yet another great discussion in this fantastic thread...

Leeday.

Likes Bikes
To be fair, each to their own... People should be judged on their character rather than what they're riding. With that being said, there is sometimes an apparent attitude of elitism or such that is associated with the fixed scene.

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
To be fair, each to their own... People should be judged on their character rather than what they're riding. With that being said, there is sometimes an apparent attitude of elitism or such that is associated with the fixed scene.
You'll find there are just as many wankers in bmx as there are that ride other bikes.

robertv

Squid
Yeah but the fixed scene involves a very special breed of wanker, the dreaded hipster.

Doesn't mean fixies can't be fun though.
Still, smoking fixies on the BMX is more fun.

syphon_the_python

Likes Dirt
Yep, because there certainly aren't any hipsters in BMX...

I don't get it with hipsterism. Everyone is a hipster, yet they spend their lives persecuting others of the exact same breed.

Brozracing192

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haha every time I hear fixies I'll forever think of the drunken sheila at burwood station last saturday. Lee knows what I'm talking about.

Leeday.

Likes Bikes
Haha every time I hear fixies I'll forever think of the drunken sheila at burwood station last saturday. Lee knows what I'm talking about.
Haha, talking mass amounts of shit about how she used to race track bikes and then nearly falling off the platform on Jack's bike... Too good

conor.1

Genetic Throwback
Had my first ride on my new funday today. hooked up a chain that broke in about 1 hour, pretty pissed there. Other wise enjoying the bike a lot, riding with brakes is weird, makes the bike feel odd.

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Went and rode 'The Shed' tonight.. Recently opened to the public just this weekend. I have to say, I am sooooo impressed with the setup. The time and money they have poured into the joint is crazy!! Everything is amazing to ride, and the setup is just crazy!! Its the best indoor setup i've seen EVER!!!! If you're ever in Melbourne, you HAVE to check it out and shred it!!!!

Brodie #91

Likes Dirt
A new park is getting build near my house and will be open by the end of this year.
A few of my mate went there on the saturday and the workers let them ride.
[video=vimeo;16810692]http://vimeo.com/16810692[/video]

mtb_mark

Likes Dirt
saw the footage of tom boormans crash yesterday. it was horrible, he slipped out on leaves and took a dive head first into the concrete at usual tom boorman speeds.
pretty gnarly. apparently he will be good to ride in a few months!

GUMP

Likes Dirt
Can any one recommended me some good ankle brace's. dislocated my ankle on halloween at a mates place, and feel like a need some form support before i start rolling around again.

cheers for any help

derelikt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can any one recommended me some good ankle brace's. dislocated my ankle on halloween at a mates place, and feel like a need some form support before i start rolling around again.

cheers for any help
661"s or protec!

NEEDCASH!

Likes Dirt
A new park is getting build near my house and will be open by the end of this year.
A few of my mate went there on the saturday and the workers let them ride.
[video=vimeo;16810692]http://vimeo.com/16810692[/video]
Jealous as man! Looks like a great park