The riding thread.

Burrito_Boy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haha, that 5 minute warning is a good idea. At summer hill they will just turn off whenever... usually when you're mid air or something.
Yeah last time i was there some skaters didn't take heed of it, and one of them got pretty axed in the steep bowl... dropped in just as it turned off, faced pretty hard,

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ok i dont ride a bmx but i need some advice (and i dont think anyone in the hardtail thread could help)

can anyone here flair? i'm trying to learn but i always land way over the back and loop out, no matter what i try thats as far as i get, i'm not sure what i need to do to get the last bit of rotation but any tips would be much appreciated.

robertv

Squid
^WHAAAAAT? You're leaving?! Gonna miss riding with you at dully for sure
Yeah, I thought I'd probably bump into you before I left to say peace out and stuff, a bit bummed that I didn't have time for a good final dully ride. I'll be back come winter for a visit. Probably July.

And, in other news, my electric taped innertube is still holding strong 2 days later. I had no idea electric tape worked that well.

Last edited:

Mattw513

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ok i dont ride a bmx but i need some advice (and i dont think anyone in the hardtail thread could help)

can anyone here flair? i'm trying to learn but i always land way over the back and loop out, no matter what i try thats as far as i get, i'm not sure what i need to do to get the last bit of rotation but any tips would be much appreciated.

Jack Kelly sure does know how to flair.

This video shows him doin a flair or two.

http://vimeo.com/11862588

Maybe send him a message.

http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/member.php?29172-mainstreambmx

Leeday.

Likes Bikes
Yeah, I thought I'd probably bump into you before I left to say peace out and stuff, a bit bummed that I didn't have time for a good final dully ride. I'll be back come winter for a visit. Probably July.

And, in other news, my electric taped innertube is still holding strong 2 days later. I had no idea electric tape worked that well.
Daaamn, that sucks! I had no idea until Tom was telling me about it today... See you when you come back mang!

I once melted a plastic bag over a puncture and it held for months. Best thing ever.
Chewing gum brus :)))

PS. FRIEND JUST GAVE ME A PAIR OF GLAMROIDS, SO I HAVE A DELUXE XL BARS (8.25X29) IN CHROME IF ANYONE'S INTERESTED

Last edited:

zanecaldera

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So, i haven't posted on here in ages!
Been doing a fair bit of riding the last week or so, learning a few new tricks here and there, stoked! Got tuck to barspins over a hip, first try ever. And also learnt barspin to frontjam no hander, never even done just barspin to frontjam! haha

Anyways, thought i may aswell post a riding photo

peace

Brozracing192

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Halloween jam was amazing. Had the pleasure of meeting and riding with several members of this forum. Harry was too busy being a filthy hipster to make an appearance

mtb_mark

Likes Dirt
had a meeting with the "friends of callan park" (bunch of old-teenager hating people) to get a skate park put in callan park. ended up going pretty well, some old guy even suggested that they make it an amphitheatre shape and when it is not being rode, it could be used to play mozart. he wasnt joking either.

but i think we won them over, so hopefully we can look forward to a skate park in balmain soonishh!

ben_rides_a_bike

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys, seeing as msot of you know your BMX shit quite well, Im looking into gettig a new BMX myself, just having trouble with a size, is 20.75 the way to go?

mtb_mark

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, seeing as msot of you know your BMX shit quite well, Im looking into gettig a new BMX myself, just having trouble with a size, is 20.75 the way to go?
depends how tall you are.
if you are over the 6 foot mark, go for something a bit bigger like 21, but if you are under 6 foot, 20.75 is the way to go.
it really depends what you like more.
shorter top tube- less stable but easier to maneuvre
longer- more stable at higher speeds

Leeday.

Likes Bikes
Damn right I do. I'm coming back down in a week
Harry might be occupied with other more importanter* things like he was on saturday but. EH HARRY?! EH! EH!

*importanter things
-riding fixie
-eating milo cereal
-updating tumblr
-looking at photos of Brodes
-sitting around regretting not coming to haloween jam

Just kidding, ily :]

Last edited: