Dartmoor Wish: PRICING OUT pg 12/

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Is that the production cable routing?

It's one thing that will be looked at when the frame is built up, chain line, rear axle width-options and numerous other factors have to be evaluated.

We're happy to hear what potential customers would want, after all they are the end user.

floody

Wheel size expert
Yeah rear derailleur cable routed through the path of the rocker is a good chance to scare out some ghost shifts. Ride an old SX trail and see what I mean. They've mediated it a bit by lengthening the run from the top tube stop to the seatstay one, but it will have a considerable length of cable slapping about because of it.

They'd do well to look at a Voltage FR (and others), neat and simple downtube cable route through the inside of the forward shock mount (which is placed similarly) down and over the main pivot, along the swingarm. Requires a thick chainstay protector to look after the cable but otherwise works really well and ensures no ghost shifting, plus its well out of the way.

Its but a small peccadillo on a neat looking design though, and believe me I mean it in the most constructive way!

Last edited:

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Yeah rear derailleur cable routed through the path of the rocker is a good chance to scare out some ghost shifts. Ride an old SX trail and see what I mean. They've mediated it a bit by lengthening the run from the top tube stop to the seatstay one, but it will have a considerable length of cable slapping about because of it.

They'd do well to look at a Voltage FR (and others), neat and simple downtube cable route through the inside of the forward shock mount (which is placed similarly) down and over the main pivot, along the swingarm. Requires a thick chainstay protector to look after the cable but otherwise works really well and ensures no ghost shifting, plus its well out of the way.

Its but a small peccadillo on a neat looking design though, and believe me I mean it in the most constructive way!
cheers floody, I've got the frame here now. I'll see how it goes with the gear shifting, many things to be considered.

• Chainstays are 420mm
  • ISCG 05 are on solidly, wont be snapping off
  • tapered headtube
  • headangle is looking to be around or a touch over 66
  • headtube is 115mm
  • actual top tube is 550mm
  • effective top tube is looking to be around the 580 mark
  • 27.2mm seat post
  • 31.8mm seat clamp
  • weight is stupidly light and well balanced
  • welding looks great
  • paint in a metallic candy orange
  • down tube is excellent
  • top tube isn't as curved as the photos look
  • good head tube clearance for x-up/bar spins etc
  • has been revisions to the rocker already to be made lighter
  • rear drop outs + extra gusset is CNC one piece, very clean

Also got our first look at the new downhill Nitro bars, sweep and rise is spot on, weight isn't as light as the reverse bar/ nor is quality of their anodizing as nice, but for sub $100 aussie RRP they should be excellent and there is minimal graphics.

Last edited:

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
Sounding great. Except 27.2 post. Boo, no uppy downy posts. I know xfusion has one, but I already own 2x 30.9 ones :)

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Be ready by next Friday Rick?
Nope, few other bits I need to get, and waiting for the new X-fusion gear to land for the new 02 RCX to test out.

Sounding great. Except 27.2 post. Boo, no uppy downy posts. I know xfusion has one, but I already own 2x 30.9 ones :)
I think it's a move to get people to use a pivotal that ride this style, I'm just glad X-fusion have one for future knowledge, and plenty of hammerschmidt room. Got that rockman this evening: got those brakes bled up and took it out for a quick spin (alas storms) can't believe how light the thing is!

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
Thought it couldn't be far off. Good to hear! :)
Be sure to play with stem lengths to see what works for you and the riding style.

I see what your saying about the pivotal on the wish. However, you can get 30.9 and 31.6 pivotal posts easy enough, unlike 27.2 uppy downies. :cool:

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Oh, thinking fox 180 talas. Thoughts?
I'm thinking that going to be a popular choice for it, the x-fusion has a higher ATC than other brands in the same category and the polish model is being tested with the 180mm fork so I think that's probably a good move considering the fox's weight, tapered headtube help keeps the thing nice and low for that.

oh, and also, mounting hardware is going to be included all going well.

Last edited:

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
From the same mob who actually sell pivotal posts in 25.4, 27.2mm, 30.9mm, 31.6mm? :p

Interested to see this built!
Yeah, the new sizes, the 31.6mm is for the phantoms, I had assumed it was going to be the same size. Im unsure why it's 27.2mm. I would prefer the larger size. See what they say, that and not many other companies go up that high in pivotal. :p

The spec list isn't as dialed as we had planned as we couldnt get a few of the display 2011 parts (eg. new metallic green spokes) so it's going to be alittle haphazard with what we've got left.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
On the gos, we've got a brand new 2011 X-fusion 02 RCX with AV sleeve being built for the bike, should match the 160mm vengeance fork a treat.

Figured I best entertain you guys with a spec list, few other brands bits where I couldn't get hold of the Dartmoor equivalent:

X-fusion 02 RCX shock
X-fusion Vengeance HLR 160mm
Dartmoor wish
Dartmoor blaze headset
Dartmoor Nitro bars
Dartmoor funky stem
Reverse grips
Dartmoor bar ends
Dartmoor venom cranks
E13 green chain ring
E13 LS-1 guide w/taco
Dartmoor rotorbolts
Dartmoor nano rotors
Clarks brakes, yes budget but who needs to stop. :p
Clarks cable
Sram X0 shifter
Sram X0 derailleur
Shimano XT cassette
Shimano XTR chain
Gusset seat clamp
Stolen P-boss saddle
shiner eco pivotal
Dartmoor vee one rear hub
Dartmoor lite force front hub
Dartmoor spokes
2624 bikes nipples
2624 bikes spacers
geax nueron tyres 2.3 & Nokian Gazza AM
tubes, whatever I've got around, maybe tubeless too.

target weight: somewhere in the 14kgs.

Last edited:

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
So changes to happen, and it's nice to have a company that listens to those involved, the guys at Dartmoor are really trying to bring a range of products that the market wants, and always testing gear.

• Seat post will be changed to 31.6mm from the 27.2mm.
  • longer seat tube, new gusset between seat tube and top tube.
  • Refined guide mounts, more weight reduction.
  • Link to be slightly changed, and more machined.
  • Possibly going to run replacable drop outs: 135 x 10mm and 150mm x 12mm.

Cable routing to be looked at when our's is built up and see if we spot any ghost shifting as well.

Last edited:

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Sounds good to me. Sounds like production will be a while off yet?

Yeah, pushing it back to the later part of 2011, ours is just waiting on some green nipples from 2624bikes and a old green e13 chain ring/rear shock.