Dartmoor Wish: PRICING OUT pg 12/

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
When you say dropouts changeable from 135x10 to 150x12, is there any possibility of a 135x12?
It's possible, but 135 x 12 has died off quiet a bit, I think the 142 sizing would be more likely.

Still getting drop outs made for 135 x 12 could be doable from a local engineer if you were that keen.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Early impression feedback:

Trail type: All mountain, with sections of jumps.

steepness: low, few climbs, few steeper rocky parts.

Trip time:
3hrs pedaling.

Comments: Took it out for another spin, first thing that is noticeable is the short top tube and the low seat tube, this made for some work pedaling it to the location/uphill as it was out of the saddle. On the top upside with the compression switch on the shock, it held grip much better than my old frame (same shock) /bikes and pedaled pretty well.

Flicking the switch on the compression found the bike to slacken out and become more enjoyable. The trail starts as some long quick flowing sprints with a few rocks/trees to dodge and tight corners, into a few drainage crossing thats chopped out, after this I hit up some extremely rocky 4wd track that normally gets the arms going and most bikes skipping and abit a flex show, this comes down into a beautiful jump that you can throw it out and corner as you land into a quick sweeping off camber left you jump into, then a drop, jump into a carving right berm/old river bed into a few nice kickers. Following this is a pedal/take it easy section onto a nice ledge that is great for pumping the bike and picking the right line finished off by a nice loose sandy shoot. Rinse and repeat.

Performance: I was very surprised at how stiff the rear was with a 135 x 10 rear end, I was expecting it to be more over the place through the rocks and when whipping it into the corner like my others had been.

EXTREMELY predictable, I've not ridden something that's been so predictable in it's handling tendencies, this was a bit unusual for me honestly. It didn't dance, skip or duck out on me, even in the sand it didn't get all kenda surprise like. The steep technical mid pace stuff was a treat to ride, my weight was able to be central and really focus on my line and not having to sit on the back wheel or stop the front washing out.

• The BB height I feel is spot on, I had no pedal bashing issues, nor did I feel like my COG was out of place.
  • Chain stay length is ideal.
  • Top tube is too short for an all round bike, as is the seat tube being too low.

With the 160mm fork it feels like something you'd rip freely on a dual slalom track/an Aline style track into the Whistler bone yard and feel completely comfortable. Feel it's still got a slope style nature to it. The Geometry here though did feel great for a Super-D bike if the TT/ST were larger.

A 180mm fork would really bring it's downhill abilities to light, parred with a longer top tube and higher seat tube this should be a deadly ride for a majority of Aussie tracks for those who want to ride more downhill but still come back around.

Dependent on Nathans feedback, I may ask for the HA to be slackened half a degree.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
this makes me sad...
It's ok v1.1 has a longer top tube and a higher seat tube + gusset. ;)

Determined to get this frame spot on, I've grown on these kind of bikes and feel I've got a good basis as to what has worked and hasn't.

Finding the balance between the SS/FR nature of the beast whilst still being pedal/ all round/dh enduro friendly is the challenge many face, I'm confident we can get it right!

Last edited:

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Come for an early one @ Maldon on Friday mate - sounds like a good bike for you there.
Well we discovered this was more than a good bike for me there. :p

The bike is deadly fast! I haven't been so comfortable on a bike in very long time.

Got to replace the rear rim and some new cranks.

Last edited:

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
all fixed, a bikecheck vid, and nash is shredding it already! going to be a great journey!

interchangable drop outs has been dropped from the board to keep the price down.

Peoples thoughts on a direct mount rear mount or keep it international standard?

Last edited:

djsmitt

Likes Dirt
Love the rider report, would love to see a video of this thing, especialy to see what its dh capabilities are.

theMerryPrankster

Likes Dirt
I think the fact that the Wish won't be available until next year, combined with the drip-feed of teaser information in this thread could be considered 'cruel and unusual punishment.'

Any lawyers/law students able to confirm this?

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
I think the fact that the Wish won't be available until next year, combined with the drip-feed of teaser information in this thread could be considered 'cruel and unusual punishment.'

Any lawyers/law students able to confirm this?
Won't hurt to make the process of evolution a public thing, shows that it's undergoing development and fine tuning, heck there has been questions asked in this very thread to the public regarding what they want in this product.

Dartmoor are here to listen, and adjust within reason their products to suits the needs and wants of an ever changing market.

Unusual? yes. Cruel, maybe. :p I'm in the same boat though waiting for the next one for myself.

theMerryPrankster

Likes Dirt
Won't hurt to make the process of evolution a public thing, shows that it's undergoing development and fine tuning, heck there has been questions asked in this very thread to the public regarding what they want in this product.

Dartmoor are here to listen, and adjust within reason their products to suits the needs and wants of an ever changing market.

Unusual? yes. Cruel, maybe. :p I'm in the same boat though waiting for the next one for myself.
I actually think it's great that Dartmoor are making the final stages of development open to public forum - definitely something that other manufacturer's should take note of.

Just felt like having a whinge was all :p

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
I actually think it's great that Dartmoor are making the final stages of development open to public forum - definitely something that other manufacturer's should take note of.

Just felt like having a whinge was all :p
Ah fair enough man, good news for all today, The guys are out filming at Apollo Bay so we should have some riding clips up soon, aswell as photos from last weekend.

ozmanick

Likes Dirt
Put up video or i will steal the bike and hide it in my rape dungeon.
P.S I'm obviously pretty desperate for a video of this sexy bike.

theMerryPrankster

Likes Dirt
Put up video or i will steal the bike and hide it in my rape dungeon.
P.S I'm obviously pretty desperate for a video of this sexy bike.
Will you be raping the bike, or will it just be a silent (horrified) witness to the stuff that goes on down there?

Also, +1 to the video request :D