STOLEN BIKE RETURNED *UPDATE 07/03* Please pick a charity!!!

MATTY R

Likes Dirt
I know it's been said before, but well done peachy! That is a massive effort to help out a complete stranger.

I'll chip in to make sure you get your money back as well

I think we should start a rotorburn fund to raise some cash for your out of pocket expenses and a bit extra for beer!

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
champion

And if you lived in the Illawarra/Shaolhaven area i would offer you a job, as honesty and integrity is what i so much look for in people, and is what is so hard to find these days.
Yes - all you Victorians - beer this man up!!!!!!!!!!!
He is a champ!

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Oh feel the love!!!!!!

I like the idea of trying to get Peachy his money back, but of course finding a way to do something like that and sending money via the big, bad internet can sometimes be a problem.

So hows about this... I'm well known in the bike game, here on Rotorburn and everyone knows where GripSport is (8 Northgate Drive, Thomastown, Vic, 3074. Ph. 03 9466 2553) so I'm not exactly hard to find.

I'm happy to be the collection point for any donations people might want to make to get Peachy his money back. It's simple just send any amount you like via PAYPAL to jon@gripsport.com.au

Use your Rotorburn username and the word PEACHY to identify who you are.

I'll list every donation here in this thread.

Once we have a "total" I'll pay it straight across to Peachy (again via PAYPAL), post the final amount here in this thread, as well as letting people know to stop making payments.

I'll start the ball rolling with $20.

Cheers.

AshR

Likes Dirt
man that's the best thread I have read on here :)

Peachy I'm so impressed you went out of your way, damn awesome luck you found that on eBay.

I'd happily buy you a 6pack if you're about somewhere (or chip in money to recoup your $200... beer would probably work out better in your favor :p )

But to do something like this for a kid who would have been scared shitless and lose a bike in the process, man, you're a gentleman and a scholar

Grip

Oh feel the love!!!!!!

I like the idea of trying to get Peachy his money back, but of course finding a way to do something like that and sending money via the big, bad internet can sometimes be a problem.

So hows about this... I'm well known in the bike game, here on Rotorburn and everyone knows where GripSport is (8 Northgate Drive, Thomastown, Vic, 3074. Ph. 03 9466 2553) so I'm not exactly hard to find.

I'm happy to be the collection point for any donations people might want to make to get Peachy his money back. It's simple just send any amount you like via PAYPAL to jon@gripsport.com.au

Once we have a "total" I'll pay it straight across to Peachy (again via PAYPAL), post the final amount here in this thread, as well as letting people know to stop making payments.

Cheers.

So with fees there'll be about half the money left at the end? :)
Lets not bog this idea down... especially with comments that are plain wrong.

From the PAYPAL site

ScreenShot054.jpg

People can donate or not and Peachy will get exactly the amount donated.

Cheers.

Grip

Oh feel the love!!!!!!

Cheers.

John Desmarchelier has donated $20. Total = $40.

Hamsta has donated $20. Total = $60

dunndog has donated $20. Total = $80

Last edited:

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
Peachy,

You sir are a man of honour and integrity. I salute you and your principles.

Bjorn.

Busiboy

Squid
2nd post here and glad to see such a great thread.

Well done!

Looking forward to hearing how the return went and hopefully the punks who started this get whats coming to them from the law.

Grip

Oh feel the love!!!!!!

Cheers.

theMerryPrankster has donated $20. Total = $100

FoxRidersCo has donated $25.00. Total = $125

Muskimo has donated $20.00. Total = $145

Last edited:

T-Rex

Template denier
+$20 from the House of Rex.

The world needs more people like you Peachy. Good on ya!

Last edited:

Grip

Oh feel the love!!!!!!

Cheers.

T-Rex has donated $20. Total = $165

FuelXC has donated $30. Total = $195

Like I said in my first post... "feel the love!" Good on you Peachy... give me your email address for a PayPal payment.

We've got the total that Peachy forked out of his own pocket just so he could return a stolen bike to a total stranger, but I'm leaving this all open until tomorrow afternoon Saturday March 5th at 3pm. If anyone else wants to add to the total to reward Peachy's time and effort, feel free.

Cheers

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!

T-Rex has donated $20. Total = $165

FuelXC has donated $30. Total = $195

Like I said in my first post... "feel the love!" Good on you Peachy... give me your email address for a PayPal payment.

We've got the total that Peachy forked out of his own pocket just so he could return a stolen bike to a total stranger, but I'm leaving this all open until tomorrow afternoon Saturday March 5th at 3pm. If anyone else wants to add to the total to reward Peachy's time and effort, feel free.

Cheers

Holy shit......... I wasn't expecting that :O

I've sent everyone who donated a PM, however, I don't feel as though that's enough to show my appreciation.
This whole stolen mountain bike incident, and all the love and support, make me so bloody proud to be part of the mountain biking community. I gotta say I've been a part of quite a few communities, but I have to say, this community right here, filled with you guys, is part of what makes mountain biking so awesome.
It's not common in other areas to see people pulling over to help out someone in need, in the riding community, I see it every day. I see strangers stopping to help someone with mechanical problems, I see people handing competitors a $10 tube for free so they can finish the race, I see water being shared. You guys make me proud to be a mountain biker.

Thanks all, much love!!!

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
This is a truly incredible story - you're a true wonder Mr Peachy.

I can't help but feel for the hundreds of cyclists still missing their pride and joy right at this very minute - if only this stuff happened more often but it only takes one to pave the way. Good show my friend!