STOLEN BIKE RETURNED *UPDATE 07/03* Please pick a charity!!!

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Oh feel the love!!!!!!

I like the idea of trying to get Peachy his money back, but of course finding a way to do something like that and sending money via the big, bad internet can sometimes be a problem.

So hows about this... I'm well known in the bike game, here on Rotorburn and everyone knows where GripSport is (8 Northgate Drive, Thomastown, Vic, 3074. Ph. 03 9466 2553) so I'm not exactly hard to find.

I'm happy to be the collection point for any donations people might want to make to get Peachy his money back. It's simple just send any amount you like via PAYPAL to jon@gripsport.com.au

Use your Rotorburn username and the word PEACHY to identify who you are.

I'll list every donation here in this thread.

Once we have a "total" I'll pay it straight across to Peachy (again via PAYPAL), post the final amount here in this thread, as well as letting people know to stop making payments.

I'll start the ball rolling with $20.

Cheers.

John Desmarchelier has donated $20. Total = $40.

Hamsta has donated $20. Total = $60

dunndog has donated $20. Total = $80

theMerryPrankster has donated $20. Total = $100

FoxRidersCo has donated $25.00. Total = $125

Muskimo has donated $20.00. Total = $145

T-Rex has donated $20. Total = $165

FuelXC has donated $30. Total = $195

Matty R has donated $10. Total = $205

Timothy Findlay has donated $48.77 Total = 253.77 (and because this was such
a strange amount I thought I'd share Timothy's message)

Note from Timothy Findlay:
I know you got the $195 but I forgot I had this money sitting in my paypal, its been there for years. Put it to use and give Peachy something extra for his time and effort.

Like I said in my first post... "feel the love!"

OK... I've got Peachy's paypal address and will drop the money across to him at 3pm this afternoon (Sat March 5th)

We've got the total that Peachy forked out of his own pocket (just so he could return a stolen bike to a total stranger), but I'm leaving the whole donation thingl open until Saturday March 5th at 3pm. So if anyone else wants to add to the total to reward Peachy's time and effort, feel free.

Cheers

Last edited:

Motawat

Likes Bikes
Damn, hope I haven't missed the boat!

If anyone / Peachy/ Grip can pm me a postal address or some method other than paypal there's $20 on the way to the good fella!

Danman89

Likes Bikes
Really good story.

Grip I just sent some money through before reading that you were sending it by 3pm today! (Bit tired from the ride this morning)

Is there anychance you can pass that on to the great man that is
Peachy?

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
*****************************UPDATE**********************

Yesterday I received a text message from Senior Constable Toby. Originally he wanted to grab the bike off me and get the parents to pick the bike up from the station, however, because he knew I really wanted to personally give the bike back to the family, he made an exception and asked the family whether or not he has permission to give me their number. So basically, the text message contained the family members names and their number.
So late yesterday I called and spoke to the kids Mom, who was OVER THE MOON and so happy, relieved and excited to hear her sons bike was back. I could hear it in her voice she was genuinely happy. I told her that people have been charged for robbery and assault and again she was happy that justice has been brought to those people that have hurt her son. We spoke on the phone for ages, she was a fantastic mother who I could tell really loved and cared about her son. She was unsure on whether on not she would tell her son, was she going to surprise him or tell him? I know if I was her I wouldn't be able to contain my excitement and would have blurted out "OMG WE FOUND YOUR BIKE LOL!"

So this afternoon I got a call from her and she was out the front of my unit, I wheeled the bike out to see a 15 year old kid and an excited mom. I had to wheel the bike down this hallway which was kinda dark, so he couldn't really see what I was holding. I opened the door and he got closer, he didn't say a word he was so shocked. His mom goes "do you recognize this" and he was like "urgggghhhhh, that's my bike" - seeing this kids face as I handed him his bike back was priceless. He had NO IDEA, that today his mom would drive him somewhere random, and a complete stranger would hand him his bike back. I also threw in some brand new tyres donated by Austen Hawkins so the kid could get on his bike as quickly as possible.
We stood around and had a chat for a while, they were a wonderful, sincere and good family. It's sad to see so much destructive activity out in the world, it almost makes us lose track of the fact that even through all this shit we see, there are genuinely great people out there that don't deserve bad things to happen to them.
Anyway, I'll never forget this, I'll never forget handing the bike back and the look on his face. In a way it makes me want to strive to help more, it makes me want to give back more to the community and to be nicer to people. I suppose it makes me think that people are products of their environment, help to build a better environment, and we build beautiful people. Anyway enough emo jibba jabba :)

I'm so happy right now, this literally only happened about 30 minutes ago. I'm filled with funny feelings...... or maybe that's just gas.

Before they left the mother reached for her wallet. I said "no no" with weird hand gestures and explained to her that everyone from Rotorburn had gotten together and chipped in to get my cash back. Still, she was adamant about me accepting the cash, so I got my money back from her. So basically I feel so so so guilty that you guys have all chipped in cash. Please let me know your bank details or paypal accounts and I'll happily refund your cash or donate the money to World Bike Relief. I have my cash monies back and MORE, I would feel guilty accepting anymore money for personal gain. So please PM me and let me know what you'd like me to do :)

Now I better go have a shower and buy myself some beer :) I think I need to celebrate

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU everyone out there who donated, you guys are champions!

Last edited:

bluesmurf

Likes Bikes
Peachy, you are an absolute champion. Yes it has been said plenty of times on this thread but after reading you last post I had to comment.

You should be extremely proud of youself for what you have done, you went above and beyond and not only did you make the day of the original owner of the bike, you have reinforced my belief that there are good people out there.

Go and enjoy a beer or three mate, you deserve it:)

dunndog

Eats Squid
Bullshit, I want my money back. I've heard enough of how good Peachy is. My bank account details are .&(; trvsbsndsf :;?)6!53?5!4!
Let me know when you return the funds mate. :p

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
Keep it peachy... buy a shovel and dig some trails or donate it to one of the many relief funds for recent natural disasters. :p

Reece.

Likes Dirt
proud to be part of the mountain biking community. I gotta say I've been a part of quite a few communities, but I have to say, this community right here, filled with you guys, is part of what makes mountain biking so awesome.
No Peachy..... Mountain biking is so awesome because of people like YOU!
I have no words to describe what you have done....
Kudos to you my friend, kudos to you....

Tonight is the first time I have had a look in this thread, and I must say, good on you Peachy. I can't say much more than anyone else already has but you are truly a good man for doing such a nice act. Even in my relatively short time here on Rotorburn I have seen a couple of good acts like this. I remember Spanky giving a bike to a guy and needing some to deliver it (or something like that). It is good, kind hearted acts like this that make this community well worth being a part of.

Delmar

Likes Dirt
Bah, first time I've read this thread just now, have missed all the action... But it's has made my morning!

WELL DONE PEACHY!

Since you've got your money, I'm going to up my donation to world bicycle relief in your honour (keep the bike love going).

Oh and well done rotorburn, it's good to be a mountain biker.

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
Hey Everyone, just thought I'd share this message with you:

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to you and those at Rotoburn - I read the link you sent Stevie and its awesome. I had no idea there were so many wonderful people in the community, (THATS US ROTORBURNERS YEEEEEEEOW) it truly warms the heart and it is a great example to Stevie who will never forget this. I have always been a great believer in random acts of kindness but this goes far beyond.

Message from the the kids Mom :)

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!

Look at his face hahahaha he was so bloody shocked for the whole thing.

It was totally worth it plus more!

+ 2 brand new tyres which Austen Hawkins donated to the cause were given to him to replace the worn out cracked tyres, thanks Austen, you the man!!!

Last edited:

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
Oh and mind the attire and hair, I had JUST gotten back from my first DH ride with my girlfriend.
What a bloody brilliant way to end that day!!!!

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Strong contention for thread of the year, and its only March!

Good on ya mate! Karma will reward ya!