STOLEN BIKE RETURNED *UPDATE 07/03* Please pick a charity!!!

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, i'm in for getting Peachy his money back. That is awesome work mate, well done.
Surprised the cops weren't alittle more willing to help out, if not for the stolen bike then atleast to put the wind up these pricks that thought it tough to knock a 12 year old to the ground and steal their bike. That is dusgusting.
Hats off to you Sir Peachy.
i for one as mentioned earlier, will buy peachy a case of beer. for sure. anyone else in for that?

MARKL

Eats Squid
Hey Peachy great work!

Its been nearly three years since my old FSR was stolen, IMO the kid will be stoked! I know I would be...hell I still trawl Ebay looking for the bike or parts...

skwiz05

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did the Serial numbers match between the Police report, the bike in Peachys posession(from ebay) , and maybe the original owners receiept?

The photo on the Stolen Post is just the advertising one,(not in the owners yard or house), therefore, it is feasible that the Ebay seller may be legitimate.

Hope Peachy finds the original owner and the serials match.........If not, Peachy now owns a nice bike.

FuelXC

Likes Bikes
Did the Serial numbers match between the Police report, the bike in Peachys posession(from ebay) , and maybe the original owners receiept?

The photo on the Stolen Post is just the advertising one,(not in the owners yard or house), therefore, it is feasible that the Ebay seller may be legitimate.

Hope Peachy finds the original owner and the serials match.........If not, Peachy now owns a nice bike.
peachy said:
i gave him the serial number and he confirmed that the bike I had was in fact stolen.
He did in fact check the serial

Norco Maniac

Is back!
been following this thread with interest, especially after my car adventures of last week. good on you, Peachy, it's awesome to see that there are honest people out there :)

DeBloot

Feeling old
You're the positive that counteracts the negative Peachy
Hopefully there's a $192 + beer reward waiting for you

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
i for one as mentioned earlier, will buy peachy a case of beer. for sure. anyone else in for that?
hahaha cheers muskimo! when we meet i'll hold you to that :p

Hey Peachy great work!

Its been nearly three years since my old FSR was stolen, IMO the kid will be stoked! I know I would be...hell I still trawl Ebay looking for the bike or parts...
Yeah I'm not too upset about losing $192 as the personal reward for returning this bike to a good kid is worth it.

NICE WORK PEACHY!! good on ya mate
Cheers mate!

Bike matches up all sweet. In terms of it being legitimate, it wasn't. Read down more to get an update of what happened.

been following this thread with interest, especially after my car adventures of last week. good on you, Peachy, it's awesome to see that there are honest people out there :)
Thanks mate :) Everyone here on RB would do the same

You're the positive that counteracts the negative Peachy
Hopefully there's a $192 + beer reward waiting for you
$192, that's a lot of beer!!! I might get so drunk I end up stealing a bike, wouldn't want that happening :p kidding

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
*************UPDATE

So after speaking with constable Evan a few nights ago I sent him emails with photos of the bike, conversation records etc etc.
Today a very awesome detective came over and took my statement about how I came into possession. He was super friendly and super helpful. Now the good news:

1.) On Monday I will get to personally return the bike to the kid
2.) 6 people have been charged with the stealing of this bike :) Not only are they being charged with robbery but because they bashed the kid they are being charged for that
3.) Karma points for me :)

I don't really mind if I don't get the $192 back, I'm just happy that I've done something good for someone.

Last edited:

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thats great that they have been charged so quickly.

peachy your a melb fella, where abouts you may just end up with a surprise on your door step one early morning.

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
Surprise on my doorstop? A bag of lit dog shit? hahahaha :p
I'm not posting my address on these forums just in case those dirt bags who were caught decide to go looking for me

FuelXC

Likes Bikes
well peachy, u get a sixer on me, your choice. This kind of attitude needs to be encouraged and the offenders persecuted.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Peachy, you are a bloody champion.
Only last night my fiance was trying to convince me there are actually still some real and honest people left on this rock.

Now I'm convinced. Faith restored.
This thread has made my feckin' day.

Hat's off mate.

Now, fancy tracking down my stolen trek 6500? :) I'll give you $192?

slammed

Likes Bikes
Well done mate,
I wish there were more people like you on the planet,
Hats off and huge kudo's to you bro!

Big like!:)

dunndog

Eats Squid
I have a son, he just turned 1, and it changes the way you think about things when you have a kid. there are 2 things that i take from this: 1) How, wanting the best for your child (or any child) you feel about punks knocking him down and stealing his bike, and 2)how you feel about a good samaritan turning up one day to return that bike, not because it fell in their lap but because they went out of their way to get it.
You Peachy are a star. I hope these dickheads get 'pushed around' themselves a bit for this, although it was 2 years ago now it still makes my blood boil..
You should be very proud of what you've done and 2 years ago or not this kid is gunna be super stoked, not only that he has the bike back but that there are good people in the world. This will be one of those little experiences that stays with him forever. PM me your address, area you hang whatever, i'm gunna buy you some beers or take you shuttling or something.

Motawat

Likes Bikes
Gotta ad my 2 cents worth -- Well Done Mate!

That's a great effort! - It would have been easy to give up with some of the lack of assistance you had, but like most things in this world - persistence pays off and I'm sure that kid will be pleased to see his bike back!

2 Smileys! :) :)

Exie

Likes Dirt
Like others have said, its great to read a good deed been done. Restores some faith in people, when theres so many scum bags out there.

I think all those folks in the "Lost & Stolen" forum are your new best friend.

It's tough to be out of pocket the $192 (for now at least) but at the end of the day money comes & goes, the knowledge that you've done the right thing and made the kids day will last a life time.

Well done to you!

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice work Peachy!

Good to hear that Constables Hammond, Evans and the Detective followed through too.

Awesome read.

Last edited:

coach

Squid
Well done Peachman ........

It is guys like you and stories like this one that restore a little bit of hope.

Also well done to the Police who followed through on your work ..... it is this sort of crime that needs to be dealt with more often.

I'll also chip in with everyone else to make sure you are not outa pocket.

Peachman gets my yah for the day ....... yahhhhhhhh

Coach