Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sweet! What happened to the VW? You had a VW didn't you?

Steve, drags on wednesday? Round 2 of how 'how far can your skyline beat me by'

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Still got the Polo, it's getting some new wheels and also coilovers very soon..

The Clio is my girlfriend's car, though I pushed pretty hard for her to buy it :p

It's cool, the Polo and the Clio are both awesome awesome cars to drive but in very different ways. It means every time I hop in one after driving the other I'm grinning like an idiot because the things I love about them aren't hidden by a sense of "same old same old"... Both have nearly identical peak power outputs but the outright torque of the Polo blows you away every time you push the fun pedal; while the noise of the Clio screaming at 7500 RPM, and the way it handles give you goosebumps.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
I think %95 of the time you're better off getting a hi-flow panel filter for your existing airbox, one by K&N or similiar.

+1 Cai, espeicaly on a stock standard N/A engine isnt always the POWAAAAAAAAAAA delivereyerer that they are made out to be.

good for 51ck induction sound but!

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My rear tires are about shot from sick skiddz br0 (so much power i can even get the rears to spin). Im keen on getting 225/45's but i don't know how well a 225 will sit on a 7" wide rim. Seems to depends on the manufacturer too, i've got 2 different branded pairs of 215's and i can certainly see that one pair slightly balloons and the other has a little bit of stretch.

Whats some good tires for the cornerz?

seventyseven

percent of Australians blame the bike for their cr
My rear tires are about shot from sick skiddz br0 (so much power i can even get the rears to spin). Im keen on getting 225/45's but i don't know how well a 225 will sit on a 7" wide rim. Seems to depends on the manufacturer too, i've got 2 different branded pairs of 215's and i can certainly see that one pair slightly balloons and the other has a little bit of stretch.

225 is too much.

and how much do you want to spend?

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
225 is too much.

and how much do you want to spend?
My interweb searching seems to tell me 225's are about the max you can go on a 7 wide without any trouble? Hmm i haven't really delved into the world of tires just yet...what would i be looking at for a good tire at each corner new?

Bridgestone Potenza RE002!
Yeh i do fancy the Potenzas...though im not too learn-ed on there models. Is the RE002 the bees knees?

IronPony

Likes Bikes
My interweb searching seems to tell me 225's are about the max you can go on a 7 wide without any trouble? Hmm i haven't really delved into the world of tires just yet...what would i be looking at for a good tire at each corner new?
I vote federal 595RS-R in a 205 width. A little stretch is good because the tyre would flex alot less then if it was ballooning.

depends on what size you need 15inch are about $150 a corner

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
whats your profile size? I've got 205's on my 15 inch rims in a 50 offset and they are sweet.

17 inch wheels would probably suit the 225's well.
What do you mean by profile size? Rims are +45 offset

I have 235/45/17 on 7.5" rims and they just bulge slightly, they are Sport contact 2 they have a RRP of around 300 each but Conti had a special on and I got four fitted and balanced for $650, It was supposed to be $680 but they had no change and rounded down.:cool:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Continental/Sport-Contact-2.htm
Cheers dude, this site looks the goods for some research. Im a little torn...my rears would be considered defective so they do need changing, but my fronts were brand new when i bought the car and have only had about 15000km's put on them. Not happy at all with them though and i think the seller just slapped on the cheapest set he could find to pass a roadie. Do i just go all out and get 225's at each corner or :confused:. There will be some 215/45/17 tires going cheap if i do :p

fairy1

Banned
What do you mean by profile size? Rims are +45 offset

Cheers dude, this site looks the goods for some research. Im a little torn...my rears would be considered defective so they do need changing, but my fronts were brand new when i bought the car and have only had about 15000km's put on them. Not happy at all with them though and i think the seller just slapped on the cheapest set he could find to pass a roadie. Do i just go all out and get 225's at each corner or :confused:. There will be some 215/45/17 tires going cheap if i do :p
If they are very dodgy keep an eye on the sidewalls on both the inside and the outside, I know LingLongs had a habit of cracking around the sidewall after only a short time.

Wow this forum auto saves your post if you stop typing.

Sam.

Eats Squid

Kuhmo KU36s!

Buy from here:

http://www.option1garage.com.au/NewTyres.htm

Last edited:

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
17". Keen on 225's :p
When I was in the US I was running 350 bf goodies on a set of 12x15 rims on my camaro ;). Didn't corner for shit but was real baggy and hooked up nicely from the start line. but burn rubber, go like hell in a straight line and corners be damned!

Australia is a lot tighter on wheel/tire combinations-check with the RTA vehicle standards bulletin that what you are putting on is legal with the wheel size you have. If not and you are in a crash it will void insurance and potentially put you at fault. I'm now running 8x15 which is nowhere near as much fun.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does a CAI pod filter set up Increase or decrease fuel consumption? Its for a ford i6 engine.
Go buy a K&N panel filter for it. They work well!

Steve, drags on wednesday? Round 2 of how 'how far can your skyline beat me by'
Skyline is gone. It was a horrible car.. I didn't look hard enough when I bought it. Now driving a slow family car and spending money on bikes instead :p