Post your 29er!

4x_boy

Likes Dirt
Santa cruz

I have succumbed....and I'm happy about that.....the big wheels definately have their purpose in mtbiking.

Round 24.6lbs fully dressed, in it's 1x10spd configuration....

Hey man, how much did it set you back if you dont mind? i was thinking about getting one much the same.

Gripo

Eats Squid
Hey man, how much did it set you back if you dont mind? i was thinking about getting one much the same.
Well...with frames at around 3K or a little less if you haggle bwith the LBS, guess you'll spend as much as you need to or want....

You can buy the frame like I did and sell off one of my 26" to provide build components and then surf Farkin/Net and buy other components to keep the cost down....I did and had a new 29r for less than $1K....

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt
It`s the simple things in life.....

My new toy
Surly Karate Monkey
Stock at the moment. No real plans to change it yet.
Bars are a bit different but the whole bike works very well.
The ride is really nice and cornering is great, almost intuitive.
Gearing of 33t and 17t down the back.
Cheers
MH

rearviewmirror

Likes Dirt
You got yourself one of the cool twisty ones. I just built two for 24hr Nats, their unreal bikes. Not sure if I need two though I don’t think I’ll be giving 24hrs a go again anytime soon, I only lasted 9hrs. If you’re trying to convert your mates to a Ti frame I might be able to help and also provide some forks……..

Enjoy

Nice bikes... True Quality.. Not sure I can stomach any more Giant 29er pictures. Those Lynskey's are amazing!

ssjgogeta

Likes Dirt
P.S: Please don't post weight, b/c if it's lighter than my 29er, it could start an expensive weight weenie war. :)
I wouldn't worry about weights posted on here. Most of them are bullshit numbers made up from dudes standing on bathroon scales holding their bikes..... Whatever they say + 2 kilos.

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wouldn't worry about weights posted on here. Most of them are bullshit numbers made up from dudes standing on bathroon scales holding their bikes..... Whatever they say + 2 kilos.
lol. I did just that a week or so ago.:eek:

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Changed a bit

Sold my Turner and the Sheep is my one bike now. Put some gears on - my knees are playing up SSing. Miss the comfort of FS frame but thats about it so l figure l will toughen up in time. Built up beefie with Saint, The Ones, Flows/I9/Kings and the David Lee Roth tribute saddle.

Attachments

ads_11

Likes Bikes
Lenz Leviathan 4.0 XL

At last my Lenz arrived and I have finally got the build complete.

A big thanks must go out to Guy at Larry's Custom Cycles. If you are after a Lenz, have a chat to Guy. He was extremely helpful and kept me up to date with the purchase of the frame and followed it right through from ordering, the anodising process and then on to freight to Oz.

In a nutshell this is the build;

2011 XXL Lenz Leviathan 4.0
Fox RP23 rear shock with Kashima coating
Manitou Minute Forks 120mm
Magura Marta SL brakes 160 rear, 180 front
XO Triggers
XO Rear Derailleur
XT Front Derailleur
XT Cranks
Chris King hubs front and rear
Chris King headset
Thomson post 410mm
Thomson stem 110mm
Fizik Gobi saddle
Crank Bros grips

Attachments

Last edited:

tomacropod

Likes Dirt
At last my Lenz arrived and I have finally got the build complete.

A big thanks must go out to Guy at Larry's Custom Cycles. If you are after a Lenz, have a chat to Guy. He was extremely helpful and kept me up to date with the purchase of the frame and followed it right through from ordering, the anodising process and then on to freight to Oz.

In a nutshell this is the build;

2011 XL Lenz Leviathan 4.0
Fox RP23 rear shock with Kashima coating
Manitou Minute Forks 120mm
Magura Marta SL brakes 160 rear, 180 front
XO Triggers
XO Rear Derailleur
XT Front Derailleur
XT Cranks
Chris King hubs front and rear
Chris King headset
Thomson post 410mm
Thomson stem 110mm
Fizik Gobi saddle
Crank Bros grips
Nice build, bulletproof! Looks a little bit like a Zinn up at the HT area. What's the pricing like on these frames?

- Joel

Nice build, bulletproof! Looks a little bit like a Zinn up at the HT area. What's the pricing like on these frames?

- Joel
$2250 delivered to you...as long as you are in Australia.

Thats the base price, you can get a tapered steerer, full polish on the frame, even custom geometry if you want but it all costs a little extra. Ads is the standard XXL. Check the sizes on the Lenz website because you will most likely find that if you usually ride a large it will be the same as an XL in the Lenz.

Looks great Ads! Beat the hell out of it over the weekend and let us know what you think!

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow.
Ads, you must be ginormous!!!
Nice looking bikes and they get a huge wrap in the US.

Ads, picture fail.
ALWAYS take pics of your bike from the driveside with the chain on the big ring little cog. ;)

ray

Likes Bikes
very nice bike...starting to like Lenz a lot.

what's the Milk Money worth if anyone knows?

cheers,

Ray

very nice bike...starting to like Lenz a lot.

what's the Milk Money worth if anyone knows?

cheers,

Ray
$2500 and we have a demo you can ride...but you have to come to Melb! Actually, it is missing forks right now.

Waiting for the new White Brothers loop forks in 29er. I'm told they will be here in a month. Then we will do some packaged up deals with Singular, Lenz and WB

In the meantime if anyone is riding kiddy wheels we can get the loops for 26 inch...even have one 5 inch travel set in stock!. We will be doing the servicing and parts backup too...god knows I need to use all those bizzaro tools I got from WB for something!