Post your 29er!

smg01f

Cannon Fodder
Ridgeline with a splash of Rouge

This is my first 29er and 40th birthday present wrapped up into one sweet package which (according to my wife) will last me a lifetime. Rides great and feels ever so comfortable, even after marathon races, thanks to the big bag tyres and the compliance in the rear end through the Ti frame and seatpost. The Lynskey geometry works great (yes the legs are long and the torso not as much). Most components are new with a few carry overs from a since moved on 26” Duelly.

Frame: 2011 Lynskey Ridgeline 29SL - Medium
Headset: Chris King Inset 44mm
Fork: Reba RLT Dual Air, 100mm, 9mm QR
Handlebar: Ritchey WCS Flat 10D 660mm
Grips: ODI Ruffian
Stem: Thomson Elite X4 0 degrees, 90mm
Seatpost: Kent Eriksen “The Sweetpost” 27.2mm x 400mm, 20mm layback, 290mm exposed
Seatpost Clamp: Salsa Lip Lock
Saddle: Fizik Gobi XM K:ium
Pedal: Shimano XT
Brakes: Avid Juicy Sevens
Bottom Bracket: Hope Stainless Steel
Crankset: Race Face Dues XC
Chainring: Surly 32T
Cog: Surly 19T
Chain: Connex 8 Speed 808
Rims: No Tubes ZTR Crest 29er
Hubs: Hope Pro II
Spokes: DT Competition
Skewers: Hope Stainless Steel
Tyres: Schwalbe Racing Ralph EVO Snake Skin 29” x 2.25” – set up tubeless with Stans magic goop
Weight: About 10.5kg

Trail images below were taken in the Royal National Park in Sydney Australia.

Lynskey Ridgeline 29 - Dam 3.jpg

Lynskey Ridgeline 29 - Trail 1.jpg

Baabaa

Squid
Snap! Your build is rather similar to mine :D (Frame manufacturer, forks(-ish), hubs, cranks, brakes, stem...)

Put my name on the list for one of the pups. (*XL please, the runt of the litter wont fit...)

smg01f

Cannon Fodder
Snap! Your build is rather similar to mine :D (Frame manufacturer, forks(-ish), hubs, cranks, brakes, stem...)

HiFi, nice build (was your donor bike an Anthem as well - cranks, brakes, rear mech), I like the chain ring bolts.

I see you are running 1x9(10) with no chain guide? Have you had any issues with dropping the chain?

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Nah, not a Giant - bits from here & there.

I'm running an MRP 1.x now...surprisingly, throwing the chain w/o the guide wasn't a problem, but I wanted added security:

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Updated...

Here's the current state of my Kona Unit. There's been a few changes since I last put it up here. All up I think it's about 9.5kg or thereabouts.

Build consists of:

2010 Kona Unit frame
TWE Singlespeed specific rear hub, standard TWE front
Crest rims with DT Swiss Revolution spokes
Kickass 19t 1/8" rear sprocket
Cycle Underground 33t 1/8" chainring
SLX cranks - 170mm
Crank Bros Eggbeater SL pedals with aftermarket titanium spring upgrade
Charge Spoon Ti rail leather saddle
Ragley Carnegie's carbon/kevlar bars - 25 degree sweep 1" rise
ESI Chunky Grips
Hope Bar end plugs
Avid Juicy Five brakes
Jet Black lightweight rotors
Schwalbe Racing Ralph 2.25 front/rear tubeless with Stans
KMC 710SL Chain
White Brothers Rock Solid carbon fork - 470mm (I think)
Cane Creek S3 headset
Thomson 90mm 10 degree stem inverted
Blackburn bottle cage
Kona seat post & clamp

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks Hifi,

The wheelset is brilliant. So easy to set up tubeless, very light and stiff, stands up to my rim bashing abuse from running low pressures and with a fully user serviceable freehub, I'm a happy chappy. Straight as a die still.

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
how much did the wheels set you back???
$800 for the wheels built, taped for tubeless and valves supplied. I bought tyres, rotors etc as well, and Greg gives really good prices on all his extras. Gotta buy the wheels before you get the other discounts though. Pleasure to deal with too.