delete plz xoxox

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
I'm not sure if anyone has pulled this up, but this might be the time to get the place legalised. If Mt D were to be legal, it would be an incredible boost for the biking community.

Otherwise, my suggestion would be longer lines, so you could ride a couple of jumps in one go.

woody 14

Eats Squid
its been tryed and tryed and tryed again but it just gets a straight refusal everytime because its national park. and nornally every time people approch parks vic the place normally just gets dozed. including c10 and fenchline. so most of the time if we build things right and dont go being stupid up there with the building and build things safe they normally leave the place alone.

Ruys

Likes Dirt
Yeah I was down there on Saturday midday too, I probably passed a few of you on the way out (i was on a glory with a mate on an anthem). Such a shame to see the place so fucked. Seems like a lot of effort for one angry little prick to put into an internet tantrum though. The top of ch10 has had a whole heap of boulders and trees downed to block off the track so obviously the rangers have been up to something.

I like Jimass' thinking though, and would be happy to come down and help rebuild.

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
its been tryed and tryed and tryed again but it just gets a straight refusal everytime because its national park. and nornally every time people approch parks vic the place normally just gets dozed. including c10 and fenchline. so most of the time if we build things right and dont go being stupid up there with the building and build things safe they normally leave the place alone.
This I did not know. Cheers Woody.

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
Hey guys whats the score with the DH track here? do you still ride it? is it illegal or recognised?..... I only ask as i may have a solution/opportunity for you...

Ruys

Likes Dirt
No there is not a DH track there and yes you can still ride it. Last time I was up there (a couple of months ago) there were some trees cut down and put across the start of the track (which doesn't exist) but I'm sure there are ways around it now.

What's the solution/opportunity you speak of? :gossip:

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
Well currently LDTR has a very good relationship with Parks Vic....so good in fact that one of the PV heads mentioned in passing on how Mt Dandenong would be good for a DH track. If LDTR entered into dialogue with PV about a trail the outcome may be pretty positive.

The drawback is that we (LDTR committee) are all far too busy fixing up Lysterfield at the mo so it would have to be from new blood/club members. Maybe a new DH arm of the club? Just musing but it could well become reality if some people were to put in some effort.

A5P13

Likes Bikes
Well currently LDTR has a very good relationship with Parks Vic....so good in fact that one of the PV heads mentioned in passing on how Mt Dandenong would be good for a DH track. If LDTR entered into dialogue with PV about a trail the outcome may be pretty positive.

The drawback is that we (LDTR committee) are all far too busy fixing up Lysterfield at the mo so it would have to be from new blood/club members. Maybe a new DH arm of the club? Just musing but it could well become reality if some people were to put in some effort.
Sounds great, let me know if I can help :)

woody 14

Eats Squid

mate thats gotta be one of the most interesting things ever mentioned in this thread. now i dont mean that in a bad way im just saying that the who time iv riden up there its always been said that PV hated the place and wanted riders out of there full stop. and now that you bring this up im very interested in finding out the full story. is there is any meetings planned for us fellow riders to come and listen in on what PV are thinking? and or to prove that there would be an interest in the area? if so please to post on here/pm me and i will be there. and also you mention about a lack of man power to build and maintain the track if it dose go ahead. go back a few pages and just have a look at home many people a willing to get on the shovel out there because lets face it, that hill have some massive potential.

so please if there are any more details you can give please tell.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im with Brycethebomb
Happy to help out where ever needed :)
Quite an interesting read over the last 10 pages though.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oh and i forgot to add. Im heading out there this sunday. If anyone else is. 4 of us. 09 glory (00 and 01) Intense m3 and a stp. Feel free to come say hello if your up there.
Anything to look out for while up there? (trees down. rocks on track. etc etc)
Cheers guys :)

ando_assi

Likes Dirt
if you really want this to happen...

Join LDTR, come to trail days and speak to the guys organizing it (even join the committee :) )....

If there is enough interest, we can have that conversation....

P.S. I don't think we are talking about "Doongala"

....or get organised, start a club, and start advocating the correct way.

If you go through all the processes you will be surprised what you can achieve :)

Last edited:

A5P13

Likes Bikes
if you really want this to happen...

Join LDTR, come to trail days and speak to the guys organizing it (even join the committee :) )....

If there is enough interest, we can have that conversation....

P.S. I don't think we are talking about "Doongala"

....or get organised, start a club, and start advocating the correct way.

If you go through all the processes you will be surprised what you can achieve :)
Is there someone in particular I can speak to about getting this under way?
Would be nice to pick someone's brain whos gone through this kind of thing before.

I can at least start by getting information on whos willing to to help and to what level, so I will start that off atleast :)

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
Talk to the guy who left that post! :biggrin: he is our el presidente!

Best thing to do would be to come along to this saturdays trail build and pick his brains as he has done alot of advocacy in the area.

But please, and without sounding like a prick, only come along if you really really do want to do something and are prepared to put in some hard yards. We have been bitten too many times by people with great ideas but who then disappear when they are asked to do some work.

To put it bluntly we are here to help and guide whoever wants to pick up this torch and create a LDTR DH faction but we are not going to do it for you as we are busy with the stuff we are doing at the moment.