The GoPro HD All You Need To Know Thread

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
Not quite a go pro but on the note of Cable Cams, got mine up and running!

[video=facebook;10150598863265503]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150598863265503&oid=133279156722345&comments[/video]

More photos in HERE

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Has anyone had any problems with their GoPro fogging up? Everytime I use my chest mount it fogs up. I've packed some foam behind the mount at the bottom to raise the anlge slightly and am using the solid clear backing plate. I'll give the ventilated plate a go and see if that stops it but it's been very annoying.

abevern

Likes Dirt
Has anyone had any problems with their GoPro fogging up?
I think you may've discovered the reason they created those little "anti-fog" strips I often see advertised around GoPros. Mine is still on a boat from the US, but it sounds like I can expect fogging. Site

frozenhole

Likes Dirt
I've only had problems with fogging up out in the surf.

I recently got some of the anti-fog inserts but haven't given them a run yet. Will let you know how they go.

udi

swiss cheese
What's the cheapest place to get a go-pro these days, does anyone have any suggestions? I'm happy to get the cheaper 960, don't really need 1080p.

PS - frozenhole, that zipline test is really cool. My favourite part is the start.

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bought mine off ebay, think i paid $230AUD + postage from the US. I got the motorsport one because it was cheaper and I wanted a chest mount not the helmet mounts.

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Working most of the public holiday on monday so will have some extra cash to buy one :D Just wondering what size SD card does everybody think is sufficient? Don't feel I'll need the 32g one as I will upload onto the computer after most rides but don't want to run out of space mid ride either...

PirateKing

Likes Dirt
I use a 16gb and struggle to burn through it. I just checked one of my raw files for you and for 720p @ 60fps 12:32 of footage is 1.3gb.

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I use a 16gb and struggle to burn through it. I just checked one of my raw files for you and for 720p @ 60fps 12:32 of footage is 1.3gb.
Ok cheers for that, 16gb should be heaps then seeing as I doubt I'll find many DH tracks around Brisbane that are going to take more than 2-5minutes.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'm going to be using my HD GoPro in Fiji in a few weeks when I snorkel and dive. Has anyone tried this? I'm hoping a prolonged amount of time underwater won't stress the case somehow and it leaks! I've used it when surfing but it isn't entirely submerged the whole time. Any suggestions?

steel ribs

Likes Dirt
Windows movie maker help

Prob been asked before but i can't find anywhere...
How do i transfer the gopro movie files into the windows movie maker?
It doesnt let me drag the clip onto it??

niki125

Likes Dirt
I'm going to be using my HD GoPro in Fiji in a few weeks when I snorkel and dive. Has anyone tried this? I'm hoping a prolonged amount of time underwater won't stress the case somehow and it leaks! I've used it when surfing but it isn't entirely submerged the whole time. Any suggestions?
Get a couple of the little satchels that come in vitamins and other things like that, if any moisture does get in it'll soak it up straight away. Think you should be able to buy em from good camera shops.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Get a couple of the little satchels that come in vitamins and other things like that, if any moisture does get in it'll soak it up straight away. Think you should be able to buy em from good camera shops.
Pretty sure the dive time was a good couple months ago now...

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I want to set something up that allows me to film a run, get back to the car and check the fottage straight away by somehow plugging the GoPro or the SD card into my Iphone and watch the footage. Has anyone done this with their Iphone?