VIC 2012 INTERwinter Series . 4 races, 4 clubs. May 13, June 3rd, July 8th and August 8th

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
Marked the course this afternoon and can assure you that you won't be needing to complete a swim leg.
Track was dry and fast as the sun was setting.
If there is little to no rain overnight then expect a pretty sweet race.
Nice, but its raining now.

drfuentes

Likes Dirt
"Nice, but its raining now."

Thanks splinter 0.5mm overnight and sunny out my window right now at 8.11 am in Creswick. South winds.

gotta go make pancakes.

Redirzo

Squid
This is the closest weather station I can find to Creswick - at Delacombe south of Ballarat - but close enough to get an idea:

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=IVICTORI94
)
Sorry Steve, but this weather station really has no relevance to Creswick. As has previously been advised in this thread, it's on the WRONG side of the Great Dividing range.

Splinter, I'm not really sure of the purpose of neg "weather update post's" this morning. To put people off participating in our event? Can't think of any other reason for a post expressing a baseless negativity. You are over 100k away, almost 6 hours before race start and on the wrong side of the Great Dividing range. But I'm sure the faithful will be preparing this morning with a positive attitude, ready for a great day. Hopefully, at the end of the day, it will be these people utilizing this forum to provide their feedback of their experiences of their days racing.

akashra

Eats Squid
BLuntly, it's because some organisers lie through their teeth when it comes to weather. You could be in the middle of a cyclone and they'd tell us "Nup, sunny and warm here".

serowe

Likes Dirt
Sorry Steve, but this weather station really has no relevance to Creswick. As has previously been advised in this thread, it's on the WRONG side of the Great Dividing range.
Apologies - I couldn't find one on 'your' side :) But think of it this way - those two at least show reasonably fine weather :very_drunk:

Just a bummer I can't get up to the event - only just got back from being trained errr training the dog and Tim has already left. Was hoping to get there as well - oh well, next time - have a great event....

akashra

Eats Squid
Distinctly remember thinking to myself half way around lap three today when the worst of that rain was pelting us along with the cold wind in a soaked jersey, "Hate to see what it would have been like on the 'bad' side of the GDR today."

That was rather insane. In the span of about 90 seconds the track went from tacky to seeing two people come down in front of me. Down one section that had a bit of a drop, I could see a girl riding up in front of me, next second she's just gone. Only when I got right up to the drop was it apparent the bike had disappeared from underneath.

Rons (F) and Crossmarks (R) made an interesting (read: bad) combination today - up those off-camber sections the front wheel was tracking just fine, but the bike just wanted to slide diagonally across any surface were going forwards.
I pulled the pin after lap 3 as I had no interest in having a big stack due to having no control over the bike.

Last edited:

Benizmo

Likes Dirt
2nd lap perfect conditions, 3rd lap horrible then it finally started to come good again by the 7th lap, 9th lap perfect!!

I can definitely the bikes currently not too happy, but it was a fun event. Great trails, good venue

Bring on Castlemaine ! ;)

Timmy!!!

Likes Dirt
I just got off the phone from one of the riders who raced today. Let me lift a few quotes:

"Totally fucking insane"
"The best course I have ever ridden"
"BSCC have set a new standard for event facilities"

That's just a small sample. Even despite the period of rain, it sounds like the quality of the event shone through like a... {/insert really brilliantly blinding bright thing here/}

Benduro

Likes Dirt
The Good:
Facilities
Organisation
Course
Volunteers
Competitors
BSCC

The Bad
Tyre choice (Crossmark f+r)
My fitness

akashra

Eats Squid
Well and truly in the 'good' column: A warm shower available straight after the race, and not in a dodgy portable trailer.

splinter1959

Likes Dirt

Splinter, I'm not really sure of the purpose of neg "weather update post's" this morning. To put people off participating in our event? Can't think of any other reason for a post expressing a baseless negativity. You are over 100k away, almost 6 hours before race start and on the wrong side of the Great Dividing range. But I'm sure the faithful will be preparing this morning with a positive attitude, ready for a great day. Hopefully, at the end of the day, it will be these people utilizing this forum to provide their feedback of their experiences of their days racing.
Don't take it seriously. Everyone whinges about the weather, hot or cold, rain or shine. But we all turn up to race, and its called InterWinter for a reason, we know the weather will be dodgy.

Had a good day today. Just happened to be at the end of a lap when the rain hit so I spent 10 mins in the gazebo staying dry. But the track was like an ice rink on the next lap. And then it was sticky and all good.

Amazing facilities, toilets not on a trailer, and showers, race here again.

Roasted Chicken

Likes Bikes
Can confirm crossmarks (f+r) sucked on laps 3 & 4, was getting pretty interesting trying to predict what the bike was doing underneath, def made you concentrate on smooth pedalling technique uphill. Once track drained a bit the traction was pretty good, still need to find an alternate tyre for the muddier courses.
Was a great event all round, nice course, facilities were great, really appreciated the bike wash and hot shower, it certainly helped with getting feeling back to my toes after the downpour. I was lucky enough to be transitioning when it hit, so spent a couple of mins under gazebo but still headed out and to get the true interwinter experience.

phamcam

Squid
Big Thanks to BSCC

Great day!!

BSCC put on top event. Stoked with the course, did get a bit dodgy with the rain but made it more interesting...Crossmarks were fine for the first laps until the rain, then....

When will the results be available?

Buggergrips

Likes Dirt
tubeless ron/ralph were awsome at all times. crossmarks get a bit mental because of the central spine that makes them roll well.

Timmy!!!

Likes Dirt
Does anybody else find it spooky that the link to the results is posted in post #99 of this thread, and there were 99 riders in the race?