VIC 2012 INTERwinter Series . 4 races, 4 clubs. May 13, June 3rd, July 8th and August 8th

shwinboy

Likes Dirt
Dirtmasters event @ Interwinter round 2

If you have young children who love a bit of single track like mum or dad then bring them along. Before the main event we will be holding a Dirtmasters race.
2012-02-20 17.04.00.jpg

A Dirtmasters race is 15 minutes long and takes place on a small loop of track with very little elevation gain. Any child of primary school age or younger can enter as long as they have a 2 wheeled bike. Training wheels or trikes aren’t suitable but balance bikes are fine. This event is meant to be more fun than competitive and is held before the big peoples race so parents can cheer their little tackers on or give them a push if they need it. Of course there will be a winner but all the spoils of a Dirt Masters race are distributed fairly through the use of the Rocky Riders Prize Giving Piggy Pinata. The race winner gets the honor of batting the pig and when it bursts all the competitors get to keep what ever they can lay their hands on. Last year this was a very popular event and is a great excuse to bring the family out to watch you race.
2012-05-21 17.06.12.jpg
Entry in the Dirtmasters race is done on the day but please arrive early to register your child/children because there will be a consent form the parent or guardian will need to fill out.

Entry fee: $5

Race Start: 10am
More details here: http://rockyriders.com.au/interwinter/

Proudly sponsored by. CYCLE CONCEPTS http://cycleconceptscastlemaine.com.au/

akashra

Eats Squid
While you're there, I recommend you just slot in an entry for rounds 3 and 4. We'll start promo for round 3 straight after we've finished encouraging everyone to get up to Castlemaine for this Sundays race.

Remember people, the club cup is on line, so if you're racing for any of the host clubs - Ballarat-Sebastopol Cycling Club, Central Vic Rocky Riders, Full Gas Peddlers or Geelong Mountain Bike Club, you're helping them get one hand squarely on the trophy.

Knut

Troll hunter
Country versus City

The Country folk can't be beaten by a bunch of leg shaving, white knick wearing, plate glass glancing, soy milk sipping, cafe loitering city slickers.

serowe

Likes Dirt
The Country folk can't be beaten by a bunch of leg shaving, white knick wearing, plate glass glancing, soy milk sipping, cafe loitering city slickers.
Hmmmm - think I'm gonna have to check the photo's I take - don't recall anyne looking like this lately :) Unless, of course, you're volunteering to wear that get-up on the weekend Steve? (Have to see if Tim's got room in the car for me on Sunday...)

Knut

Troll hunter
Hmmmm - think I'm gonna have to check the photo's I take - don't recall anyne looking like this lately :) Unless, of course, you're volunteering to wear that get-up on the weekend Steve? (Have to see if Tim's got room in the car for me on Sunday...)
Lord Snozza fits that description. As does Sir Tim "The National Champion" San Biagga of Rotorburnia

ScooterXC

Likes Dirt
how's she looken?

course update from any of the locals? Dad said he drove through the area and it was looking nice and dry :)
will the course be the same as last year, or was there track re-vamping after the burn offs?
hope i'm not being too optemistic running a 1x10 with a 42t up front, not sure the leg will be feeling THAT pro

shwinboy

Likes Dirt
course update from any of the locals? Dad said he drove through the area and it was looking nice and dry :)
will the course be the same as last year, or was there track re-vamping after the burn offs?
hope i'm not being too optemistic running a 1x10 with a 42t up front, not sure the leg will be feeling THAT pro
Same course. The back burn just thinned the scrub. The only mod that has been done is to the dirtmasters loop. There's not a whole lot of climbing but 42 might be a tad tall. I know you'll be getting off and walking the "pigs ass" with that kind of gearing. Might I suggest 32t or 36t.

ScooterXC

Likes Dirt
Same course. The back burn just thinned the scrub. The only mod that has been done is to the dirtmasters loop. There's not a whole lot of climbing but 42 might be a tad tall. I know you'll be getting off and walking the "pigs ass" with that kind of gearing. Might I suggest 32t or 36t.
I've got a 32 but i remember the course having some open power sections (it will come out for mud though!). I am looking at a top 10 in A grade for indication of fitness..
Still thinking a dry race on hand?

shwinboy

Likes Dirt
I checked the forecast. Lets just say I'm making a plastic cover for the piggy pinata. If it is wet it shouldn't be like last year. It was sloppy last year because it rained all week in the lead up and water logged the soil. Generally it drains really well out there so the water doesn't pool that much on the track. If it rains all morning or during the race though it might be a different story and all bets are off. It's a sure thing that it will be cool on the day.

Top 10 in A grade eh. I might be able to help you there. Riders in piggy costume get pole position on the start grid and maybe even a little head start.

akashra

Eats Squid
Last year despite all the rain the course was fine. It was the carpark that was a massive problem. Still, it was leagues ahead of the other race at Riddles Creek the same day where you couldn't even get in to the event village without going ankle deep in mud ;)

mrbailey

Likes Bikes
Latest from Weatherzone says sunny with possible shower - less than 1mm for Sunday.

The track is dry and looking good.

shwinboy

Likes Dirt
Just rode the course this afternoon. Grounds keeper Bos has done a beautiful job at grooming the track. It is clean hard pack and fast! A great track for those who like to get on the gas and pedal a lot.

Remember to put the finishing touches to those pig costumes. A fantastic prize is up for grabs for the best dressed pig plus all piggies get a few other perks as well.

mrbailey

Likes Bikes
Race entries will be open tomorrow at the site. Be there before 9:30am if you still need to enter. Online entries are now closed.