Official Old Mans Valley MTB Park - Hornsby

markb84

Likes Dirt
Yehhhhhhi lifted a carbon one up in the flesh 2months ago... Been regretting it since
The carbon nomad isn't much lighter than the Aluminium one, but man is it stiff!!

I'll be heading out after work Wednesday so will be there some time after 5, weather permitting.

ChopSticks

Banned
The carbon nomad isn't much lighter than the Aluminium one, but man is it stiff!!

I'll be heading out after work Wednesday so will be there some time after 5, weather permitting.
Pretty sure the carbon SB66 is 680 grams lighter......

weather permitting ill be there around 6:10~

Filthyfrother

Likes Bikes
Hornsby Council set up a Twitter account which will be their formal method of updating the trail status. @HornsbyMBT is the what you need to follow.

The news feed from that account also appears on the Council's website. Keep an eye on NoBMob and the SNORC Facebook page also.
Yeah cheers.. Checked them already and there is no update since Friday. Was hoping to hear from someone local or prompt an update and green light (fingers crossed). Guess its still closed then..

Cheers..

BT180

Max Pfaff
Yeah cheers.. Checked them already and there is no update since Friday. Was hoping to hear from someone local or prompt an update and green light (fingers crossed). Guess its still closed then..

Cheers..
Yeah, it will still be closed since last Friday. Manly Dam is still closed for the same reason. Been heaps of rain lately and will need a few days of sunny weather to dry out properly.

At least OMV is a well designed trail with good drainage so it will hopefully be given the green light soon.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid

Cheers..
dont think they will update the status unless there is a change... as in no update to tell you it's still closed when they already say closed until further notice.

CP

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ben, count me in for a night ride if this comes to fruition. Just got to get another bike first!!

CP

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ditched it about 2 months ago (ironically since all this rAIn started up!!). It was time, you know when you just know it's better to sell and move on than put cash into it. Thinking either Morewood or Liteville, but I'm a poor man at the moment :(. Kids in school now so hopefully I can put the wife to work to fund my recreation again :dance:

willsy01

Eats Squid
So tell me......am I wasting my time/energy bringing my bike and all my kit into the office tomorrow with a view to heading over the bridge after work? We've had almost three solid days of sun and looking like another one tomorrow.

Yes.....i'm already following @HornsbyMBT on Twitter.

Anyone keen to meet up for a Friday arvo ride?

can meet around 4.30 or so, I gotta come from Warriewood finish work at 15.30 then drive over from there....

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So tell me......am I wasting my time/energy bringing my bike and all my kit into the office tomorrow with a view to heading over the bridge after work? We've had almost three solid days of sun and looking like another one tomorrow.

Yes.....i'm already following @HornsbyMBT on Twitter.
Yeah still closed. The @HornsbyMBT twitter account is controlled by Hornsby Council, I guess just keen checking the twitter feed.

FINX74

Likes Dirt
Rain

Yeah still closed. The @HornsbyMBT twitter account is controlled by Hornsby Council, I guess just keen checking the twitter feed.
Hey Guys,
We were out there the last 2 days, and it's looking good, but council have final say. We still have the 2 major bad spots which are out of our control but we are talking about the fire road fix ourselves, so we will see what happens. We are working on the entry to Cranberry sauce,... widening and changing angles which should be completed tomorrow arvo.
I know we have had a few days of Sun, but in the last 3 weeks we have had record rain and flooding and I am pretty pleased with the trails performance. Don't forget these are fresh trails too, in about a years time the outcome will be a lot sweeter for the keen beans straight after rain.
I know how you all feel I haven't ridden for 3 weeks as well, let's hope it's tomorrow...
Adrian.
Synergy Trails.

ChopSticks

Banned
keen to hit OMV after work tomorrow (6pm~) will be sure to keep an eye on this to see the latest status of the track !!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
From HornsbyMBT twitter 14hours ago

@HornsbyMBT: Hornsby Mountain Bike Trail is closed until further notice due to a huge 100 mm of rain. Maintenance work on trail currently. Stay tuned.

Tap tap taparoo sent with tapatalk 2