Little Things You Hate

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Pizza place that doesn't put enough pressure on the pizza slicer.

Sat down last night, went to grab a slice but then had to put my beer down and use both hands to pull the pizza apart along the pissweak lines that someone had stroked across the to of the toppings. Harden up you fuckers!
It's not often that posts in this thread make me genuinely angry but this is one of those times.

Those lazy f***ers are almost as bad as the pricks who will pour a pint with a head 40% the size of the glass.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
POSM as I know you are a connoisseur of many a draught beverage... what would you accept as standard across the board for head height? I hate those who run it off under the tap, I personally prefer a 20-25mm depending on the glass....

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what would you accept as standard across the board for head height?
No such thing, it often depends on where you are and what beer you are pouring in what glass. If you poured a beer with any head on it where I used to live you were likely to get stabbed, conversely if you didn't get it exactly on the pint line with the remainder as head there would be trouble up north. Some beers are big on presentation and aroma and need the big billowy head. Getting the proportion right is key but as long as the customer gets the full measure of what they paid for there shouldn't be an issue.

LTIH, hating things. I'm not old enough to be this bitter.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
POSM as I know you are a connoisseur of many a draught beverage... what would you accept as standard across the board for head height? I hate those who run it off under the tap, I personally prefer a 20-25mm depending on the glass....
10-20mm but the important thing is that the amount of beer is what you've paid for. In the UK this is entrenched in law but here it can vary wildly. Often a half litre glass is served up as a 'pint'. Other places will only serve certain beers in their branded wanky 300ml glasses as apparently it goes off or something if it's poured into one of the dozens of proper pint glasses next to the tap.

Also barstaff who pour up a pint of Guinness in one go with no pause to let the beer settle. IN some places that sort of shit will get you literally tarred and feathered!

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
10-20mm but the important thing is that the amount of beer is what you've paid for. In the UK this is entrenched in law but here it can vary wildly. Often a half litre glass is served up as a 'pint'. Other places will only serve certain beers in their branded wanky 300ml glasses as apparently it goes off or something if it's poured into one of the dozens of proper pint glasses next to the tap.

Also barstaff who pour up a pint of Guinness in one go with no pause to let the beer settle. IN some places that sort of shit will get you literally tarred and feathered!
i had a mate who worked at a bar with these stupid glasses for Asahi. My asahi pints never went off. though charging $7 for a 300mL serve is always gonna make you more moolah than a $7 375mL or $9 560mL one

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fortunately I DO know how to pour those/Kilkenny! Perfect Guiness pint takes 119.5sec for your trivia dose today!

i had a mate who worked at a bar with these stupid glasses for Asahi. My asahi pints never went off. though charging $7 for a 300mL serve is always gonna make you more moolah than a $7 375mL or $9 560mL one
Hahaha let me top that quickly- we sold peroni in those 300ml (well, they're actually 330ml, the line is at 300 though) and charged $10 (!!!) each serve. And they SELL. Like crazy. Most popular draught beer on a weekend. Two words though: Gold Coast.

callum1

Likes Dirt
probly sold well cause its easy to buy them (only dealing with notes) i hate ending up with a wallet full of coins from buying $6/7 beers. May seem a bit ocd, but when i find out a beer is $5 and iv got a $50 note in my pocket. a punch in the face couldn't bring me down.

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
People who fuck with the coveyer speed setting on the Roband and my toast begins to burn on the first pass. Not a good way to start the day and I hope the perpetrators burn in Hell.

moorey

call me Mia
That my 7yo rides his bike like he stole it, jumps better than half my mates...and snapped his collar bone last night, flying a kite. Let that be a lesson to all you helicopter parents:frusty:

moorey

call me Mia
Was he on the ground or on the kite? :D
On the kite wooda been a cooler (and more likely scenario for him) story, but just a tangled string in the feet, and not wanting to let the kite go, so he was running and landed square on his shoulder on the hard clay
felix.jpg

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Companies that require you to fill out an application form that asks for everything from your employment history, qualifications to hobbies and interests. You know, all the stuff that's contained in a CV.

Why can't they just read my f***ing CV instead of making me waste an afternoon rewriting everything!?

Norco Maniac

Is back!
hey Moorey, where did you get those beads your young'un is wearing? it looks like one of the necklaces i've made and sold...

i hope he heals soon!! poor little bugger.

moorey

call me Mia
hey Moorey, where did you get those beads your young'un is wearing? it looks like one of the necklaces i've made and sold...

i hope he heals soon!! poor little bugger.
I made that one, Vi. When he was in Kinder, was having a few 'issues', they were for him to touch when he felt the need.
I've been meaning to make sister, 5, a set in pinks if you have anything like them. Got anything like that? Prefer wooden, and pale muted colours.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
I made that one, Vi. When he was in Kinder, was having a few 'issues', they were for him to touch when he felt the need.
I've been meaning to make sister, 5, a set in pinks if you have anything like them. Got anything like that? Prefer wooden, and pale muted colours.
no wood, sorry tho i do have some pinky brown agate in various sizes - 4mm, 6mm and 8mm. i also have magnetic catches that i use for the kids jewelry. i can also get pale pink pearls, have only hot pink at the moment in those.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Myki…
Way to go to alienate visitors Melbourne. I needed to use public transport and I couldn't find anywhere close enough that sold Myki's at 4pm on a Saturday, without needing to use public transport to get there to buy one first! Ever heard of tickets, you can buy them 24/7, with cash!

moorey

call me Mia
no wood, sorry tho i do have some pinky brown agate in various sizes - 4mm, 6mm and 8mm. i also have magnetic catches that i use for the kids jewelry. i can also get pale pink pearls, have only hot pink at the moment in those.
Pinky brown agates in mixed sizes sounds nice. Can you send me a quick pic of those, and I might employ your services :third: