Little Things You Hate

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Postage from the US. They think they are the only place on the planet, it's not like they are trying to deliver stuff to mars. Why advertise on eBay if your item is $15 (and competetive with other items) and the postage is $45?

perhaps they're using the extreme prices charged by US Evilbay sellers to fund the Mars Rover?

we bought a prototype Rocket frame on Evilbay USA. frame wasn't tooooo exxy at $105, but then they wanted $135 for postage. ah well, it was a rare piece and the OH wanted it. so i paid, then two weeks later sent an email to ask them if it had been posted. no, it hadn't, and now they wanted another $200 for postage?? :mmph: reported that pretty quick. got my money back but i really wanted that frame.

today's LTIH - there are a few -

i ride over to the next town for an appointment - find my stolen business signage smashed and thrown only a block from my house on the way :mmph: - and find i was a day early. *facepalm*

so i thought i'd do some shopping while i was there. five k's from home with a full bike trolley, my rear derallieur lets go and entangles itself in the back wheel. so here i am, pushing the damn thing home scraping the spokes all the way and dragging, because i couldn't even detach the trailer and abandon the bike.

at least it wasn't raining.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Please explain to me, which part of this sign....

p62481_874.jpg

Says SURE You can jump my fence, walk into my site and drag your equipment across the path of two 4tonne fork lifts. Because you and every other coach 'JUST need to get....'.

Going to start seriously kicking asses if I see one child hanging out near our stillages again

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Please explain to me, which part of this sign....

View attachment 264546

Says SURE You can jump my fence, walk into my site and drag your equipment across the path of two 4tonne fork lifts. Because you and every other coach 'JUST need to get....'.

Going to start seriously kicking asses if I see one child hanging out near our stillages again
Hach, you obviously work in construction or some other associated trade... (I feel your pain)

Try doing a project at a mental hospital, I reckon at least three times a day we had to shoo people away from our bins or out of our work site in general. During the excavation of a basement, and piling we had this one guy that would come into the work area every day, and watch for hours turns out he was a engineer in a former life. :tinfoil3:

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Commonwealth bank and PayPass

Had my credit card stolen on 9/5, reported it stolen that night. Was told that no money had been spent on the card and that a new card would be sent to me. Received the new card on 14/5, logged onto the website to activate the card and discovered that 2 transactions were made on the 9/5 and then 2 on the 10/5, after my card was cancelled AND I had pulled all the money out of the account as a safety precaution, meaning I was now overdrawn on the account.

Called the bank again on the 14/5 and was told that no more money could be spent on the account and an investigation would be placed into the theft and I would probably be reimbursed for all losses.

Just logged on again to transfer some money. Found that SEVEN transactions were made on the 14/5 that I wasn't informed about and left to my own devices to discover. Called the bank again today and told that it can't happen any more, but with no explanation as to why it was happening.

I've NEVER heard of such bad mismanagement in any business before, ever. I'm kept in the dark as to what is happening and now have to watch the account myself to find out whether any more money is spent. I'm going to a branch this afternoon..

Can anyone recommend a credit union that works for them? I'm a university student, so finding a place that doesn't kill me because of I don't have tens of thousands of dollars in savings is quite difficult.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Looks like older style xt mech Vi. Got a spare if you need it.
yes please. i'll send you a PM.

i rode it as a single-speed today without the trolley but just isn't the same...

are you sure there's not a knight in shining armour hidden under that warped and cynical exterior, moorey?

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Had my credit card stolen on 9/5, reported it stolen that night. Was told that no money had been spent on the card and that a new card would be sent to me. Received the new card on 14/5, logged onto the website to activate the card and discovered that 2 transactions were made on the 9/5 and then 2 on the 10/5, after my card was cancelled AND I had pulled all the money out of the account as a safety precaution, meaning I was now overdrawn on the account.

Called the bank again on the 14/5 and was told that no more money could be spent on the account and an investigation would be placed into the theft and I would probably be reimbursed for all losses.

Just logged on again to transfer some money. Found that SEVEN transactions were made on the 14/5 that I wasn't informed about and left to my own devices to discover. Called the bank again today and told that it can't happen any more, but with no explanation as to why it was happening.

I've NEVER heard of such bad mismanagement in any business before, ever. I'm kept in the dark as to what is happening and now have to watch the account myself to find out whether any more money is spent. I'm going to a branch this afternoon..

I had a similar experience dealing with ANZ a few years ago! When browsing through my account I noticed a few transactions that I had not made, they were all relatively small but worrying none the less… I got straight on the phone to ANZ and cancelled both my cards and my wife’s cards and then transferred every cent out of the account to another account. I logged in the next day to find my account overdrawn by nearly $1,000 so back on the phone and requested that a stop be put on all transactions from that account, and a big WTF why is this still happening if the cards are cancelled… About a week later we received the new cards followed by a phone call from ANZ requesting that we bring our account back to balance this was met with another big WTF!!!

This went on for weeks, despite lodging several disputes I was contacted by a debt collector acting for ANZ; I explained the situation and advised my concerns would be forwarded to the Financial Services Ombudsman, called ANZ and advised them of the same… I ended up paying out the balance of my credit card (it was my debit card the transactions were coming out of), removing all of our money from ANZ and closing our accounts. Despite the matter being reviewed by the ombudsmen and finding in my favour I never heard from ANZ again.

I now use ING Direct, which has been great, no fees, sure their cash rate is a little on the low side now days but they often run promotional bonuses (i.e. an extra .75% interest if you increase your account by a certain amount per month). They are flexible, easy to deal with when issues do arise (which is an odd occurrence) and use Aus Post as their banking outlets.

moorey

call me Mia

i rode it as a single-speed today without the trolley but just isn't the same...

are you sure there's not a knight in shining armour hidden under that warped and cynical exterior, moorey?
I'm a complex beast, Vi.
:behindsofa:

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah

Can anyone recommend a credit union that works for them? I'm a university student, so finding a place that doesn't kill me because of I don't have tens of thousands of dollars in savings is quite difficult.
That's unusual. Usually CommBank are right on top of that sort of thing.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge

Nope, just a warped cynical interior.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

scblack

Leucocholic

I'm with Commbank, and twice my credit card has been cracked a couple of years ago. Commbank cancelled the card both times, reissued ones and ZERO transactions were out of place. I would rate their service EXCELLENT. They were well on top of it all, and I am very happy to stay with Commonwealth Bank.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Commonwealth bank and PayPass (snip) Had my credit card stolen
we're currently $600 down and a possible $200 more after an auto-teller incident. the OH went to draw out his pay on a BOQ and it was playing up, tried again on a Bank SA, and then when we went into the branch at NAB that had no idea what had happened. we made a report but two weeks later we still haven't seen the money. i've been prodding him to talk to the bank but it's not easy when he leaves for work at 7am and gets home at 6pm - and works a lot of Saturdays as well.

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
LTIH Working on cars.

I do it for two reasons
  1. 1. It's cheaper and finances are tight at the moment.
  2. The work is done to the standard I expect. This is the big one; a number of times I've paid for different workshops to undertake work and the results are lacklustre at best. I'm paying you to do a job, do it properly for fucks sake and don't return the vehicle hemorraging oil or with fresh problems created. If you disturb something in the course of your work and deem it needs attention, ring me with a quote on extra costs; it's not fucking rocket science.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm with Commbank, and twice my credit card has been cracked a couple of years ago. Commbank cancelled the card both times, reissued ones and ZERO transactions were out of place. I would rate their service EXCELLENT. They were well on top of it all, and I am very happy to stay with Commonwealth Bank.
The issue comes from pay pass, which from my understanding doesn't decline a transaction even if the account has no money and has been cancelled (which I did with mine). It can take several days until the card is cancelled on pay pass database.

The main problem I have with cba is that they've left me to deal with it by myself. It's up to me to figure out that transactions being made are dodgy. Even though they know that the card being used is stolen.

No one at my branch could tell me what was going on. And they thought the only solution would be to create a new account with them. I told them to shove it.

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
LTIH Working on cars.

I do it for two reasons
  1. 1. It's cheaper and finances are tight at the moment.
  2. The work is done to the standard I expect. This is the big one; a number of times I've paid for different workshops to undertake work and the results are lacklustre at best. I'm paying you to do a job, do it properly for fucks sake and don't return the vehicle hemorraging oil or with fresh problems created. If you disturb something in the course of your work and deem it needs attention, ring me with a quote on extra costs; it's not fucking rocket science.
I agree... no one touches the cars and motorbikes other than me. No one does as good a job because they just don't care. When you find a mechanic who treats your vehicle as their own. .. hold on to them.

The amount of times I have sent a vehicle in to be serviced, charged for fuel filters/oil filters and the original pay is still on the said vehicle is not funny.

It is stealing... fraud and they seem to get away with it