Formula One world championship

Big AC

Likes Dirt
It will be interesting to see if the low nose design is the way that the big teams go. If the RB and Ferrari come out with a low nose then it will likely be a trend with new aero regs.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The low nose is great, I'm so glad it's back. The Force India colours look good but it needs to have less white splashes on it I reckon, it looks half done.

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am in the same area for the race on Sunday. If you get hit in the head with an egg, look for the big dude in a Ferrari hat smiling and waving. ;)
You have made my day, only because I am unsure if it was worth going in here and since you are a big fan, it must be good.

Not long now...

2014 car launch schedule:

January 24: McLaren MP4-29 - Online

January 25: Ferrari - Online

January 26: Sauber C33 - Online

January 28: Red Bull RB10, Mercedes W05 and Caterham - Jerez.

February: Lotus - Pre-Bahrain test.

driftking

Wheel size expert
The low nose is great, I'm so glad it's back. The Force India colours look good but it needs to have less white splashes on it I reckon, it looks half done.
I personally think the white is well balanced but of course we are talking personal pref here.

Id actually like to see the black on it be done in chrome black or that highly polished finish.

I have to wonder if we Will or if we have already unknowingly seen any of this water resisting nanotechnology for the wet races this season Id think that would drastically increase aero and limit resistance of the water on the car....would that be deemed cheating? i wonder if these things are even addressed in the rule book. We are talking small margins here id think if there was a loop hole to use it you sure as hell would.

The first thing i thought of when i saw the Williams low nose was it looks like the front of a bike saddle.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Williams go and fuck the mould up nice and early. That is easily the worst looking front end ever. It looks like a fucking condom. I hope no other team adopts this ridiculous look. That needs to be outlawed right now.

angrybadger

Likes Dirt
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Williams go and fuck the mould up nice and early. That is easily the worst looking front end ever. It looks like a fucking condom. I hope no other team adopts this ridiculous look. That needs to be outlawed right now.
I reckon Force India got in there first with the mould fucking up, you just can't see it properly from a profile view. I reckon shit noses will be all over the place this year. There should be an aesthetics test at the same time as the chassis crash test - if it's fuck ugly it's not allowed on the grid.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Who cares what it looks like? Fast is beautiful.
Would you want your company name on it? Would you want to wear the T shirt of the most laughed at team with the franger looking nose? I sure as shit wouldn't. I do hope they are fast though, I'd love to see them in the top few teams again.

angrybadger

Likes Dirt
Would you want your company name on it?
If my company sold frangers and/or lube, I'd go for it. Advertising space on the beak is bound to be a bit cheaper than the rest of the wagon.
On the bright side, I thought the stepped noses were just as bad, but forgot about them after a couple of races.

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Would you want your company name on it? Would you want to wear the T shirt of the most laughed at team with the franger looking nose? I sure as shit wouldn't. I do hope they are fast though, I'd love to see them in the top few teams again.
Companies want to be associated with winning.

I will laugh soooooo hard if the ferrari comes out a John Elliot nose.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I will laugh soooooo hard if the ferrari comes out a John Elliot nose.
This is why I'm shitting myself, they have a good habit of pushing the ugly option and I doubt this year will be any different. Honestly, this shit with the nose cones on these cars are making them look almost as moronic as the current IRL design, that's is a butt ugly race car.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
The new rules state that the nose has to be no more than 185mm off the deck as opposed to the old 550mm. The most aerodynamic way of complying with this is to make the nose look like a semi in a pair of speedos.

Personally I'm hoping that with Grand Prix in such strict repressed religiously fundamentalist and homophobic regimes such as Bahrain, Abu Dhabi, Russia, Malaysia and Texas, we'll see a massive outcry over this blatant attempt from the pink lobby to force an eyeful of junk into our faces and they'll instead dress it up in perhaps a flattering pair of sensible loose cotton boxers.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Its exposure, massive exposure. Who is going to be petty enough or unable to separate a company from a functional f1 part.
To dislike a brand because its on a small part of a f1 car in which the brand has no call over the cars aesthetics is pretty pathetic. Also have you considered the reverse advertisement this brings, bad advertisement is advertisement that does nothing, good advertisement creates exposure, now whether that exposure s from people loving or hating on it, its achieve high levels of exposure and therefore is a successful marketing advert.

They are getting lots of exposure with this and id think most people are able to separate brand from car, I mean who is going to refuse to use say a insurance company because the Williams car looks dumb.....Insurance has no bearing on what your car looks like, maybe if you were a car designer then yes it would be a bad move. But for unattached companies i think its actually a brilliant spot

Its a spot of controversy and attention. = advertising galore

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
AAAAAAAARARARARRRRRRRGGHGHGHGHGHGH!!!!!

THE HORROR CONTINUES!!!!!

Truly these are the sort of hideous abominations that Lovecraft wrote of! Gruesome monstrosities not of our dimension of which the mere sight shall send mortal men into the depths of madness!

I must lie down however I fear that the images of these foul beasts shall haunt my dreams...

driftking

Wheel size expert
The lotus is interesting it would seem like it would create more resistance, be interesting to see how that design compares to the others.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Bahaha, this is awesome! Just wait until Maldonado spins his lotus, and a Williams runs into the front of him! The American broadcast will have to censor the impact.

So what is it so far? Williams are team tiny chub, lotus repping the camel toe, and merc want to be team saggy clit. What team is going to model their nose on a puckered anus?