Chain reaction cycles

teK--

Eats Squid
I've read recently royal post (uk postal service) has been recently sold, I'd say there's some teething issues/new management settling in
Might explain why I've been waiting since 23/12 for my parcel! Christmas aside, it's usually much quicker than this.

JASER

Likes Dirt
Ordered some alpinstar shorts and after 1 ride there is abit of stitching coming undone(no really a issue but seems a new0 i thought id send em a picture.
Well had a "very sorry Jase about your shorts,we shall send you a new pair and just do what seems fit with the old ones"
Now that is a good service.

VEX33D

Likes Dirt
I placed my first ever order with CRC between Christmas and New Years totaling 8 items and to the value of $400+ dollars.

Utilised standard free delivery, all items were listed as in stock. Order arrived 8 days later to my workplace here in Aus. :thumb:

Would order again...

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's been a while since i checked out CRC......

CRC web site - 10 % off everything, no min spend. Cool, add code to cart- " you do not qualify for this promotion"

Faaaark off CRC.....

Xmas

Squid
It's been a while since i checked out CRC......

CRC web site - 10 % off everything, no min spend. Cool, add code to cart- " you do not qualify for this promotion"

Faaaark off CRC.....
Yep got me too... U gotta read the fine print... 10% off "January sale" items only.

houli77

Likes Dirt
used to be a fan of crc..

till they fucked their website and changed their free shipping arrangements. now it's pot luck as to whether you wait 4 days for a dhl package or 2 weeks for whatever the other slow shipping is... i've even had a single order shipped in two parts, one came dhl and the other half took 3 weeks!??? wtf.

re the website, i can't even add items to my basket half the time, i've tried safari and firefox on intel mac.. for a business which relies on it's internet traffic i cannot fathom how they haven't fixed these problems.? i have written them a few messages in customer feedback like "why is your new website such a bag of dicks? i can't even buy anything?" so they should be aware of the problem!

currently got an order coming together on merlin cycles, which is actually working out quite a bit cheaper then crc.
will post back re their free ppostage service, you have to spend more but as i'm buying brakes i will be over their free limit.

crc can get fooked, until they have something awesome cheap that i want that is........... ha ha

Rhys_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^ Haha, agreed.

New website is horrible, the range these days is nothing like it used to be, and, outside of a few crazy deals, they aren't even that cheap any more. The only thing that saves it (sometimes) is free shipping.

I've been using Merlin and Wiggle recently. I ordered something from Wiggle on a Monday evening, and I kid you not, it rocked up at my door in Brisbane on Friday morning. That was the free, standard postage. Over the Christmas period. Winning.

moorey

call me Mia
Merlin and wiggle are both good.... But what do you think would happen to their service, price and range if crc folded?
Wont someone please think of the children!!

Crc

^ Haha, agreed.

New website is horrible, the range these days is nothing like it used to be, and, outside of a few crazy deals, they aren't even that cheap any more. The only thing that saves it (sometimes) is free shipping.

I've been using Merlin and Wiggle recently. I ordered something from Wiggle on a Monday evening, and I kid you not, it rocked up at my door in Brisbane on Friday morning. That was the free, standard postage. Over the Christmas period. Winning.
Yeah.......pretty crappy since website upgrades, price are only marginally cheaper than local shops.....buying from amazon and Wiggle now.

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah.......pretty crappy since website upgrades, price are only marginally cheaper than local shops.....buying from amazon and Wiggle now.
Bahaha on lbs price comparison.
Whenever I try to purchase off Amazon, says not available for sale to aus. Am I doing it wrong?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
As soon as an american retailer works out how to ship cheaply to Australia...

My current dislike for CRC is their lack of reliable product info. So much stuff on the site that I won't touch because it is undefined. They take so long to get back to inquiries that sales end etc and if you gamble on it and the item doesn't match their piss all info you are stuck with some garbage that you don't want. I contacted them about this recently (item received was so different I emailed saying they se t me the wrong thing) and was told i could eat a lemon. We had civil discourse for a few email and their position is I should do research from the whole web as they aren't responsible for product info. I was not happy, said I can't wait til they All loose their jobs andCRC goes out of business.

But that would be bad for competition. They kind of keel each other in check price wise.

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
Merlin and Wiggle are now far superior to CRC. Definitely not purchasing from CRC any more. While I haven't used them yet (just browsed their website) Mountainbikesdirect seem really good value and are Australian based. Good range of in stock parts too. I would have bought a Wolftooth chainring and bolts from them if I didn't already have a Christmas CRC voucher as they had them in stock and cheaper than anywhere else.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Wiggle isn't US based, nor Merlin. I fail to see your point. :noidea:
Bike wagon...jenson...good prices until you get to the shipping. I know Merlin and wiggle aren't from the US. They are local right? Wiggle.com.au and all that yeah?

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
Bike wagon...jenson...good prices until you get to the shipping. I know Merlin and wiggle aren't from the US. They are local right? Wiggle.com.au and all that yeah?
Both UK based.

Not sure why shipping from the US is so damned expensive but I don't touch the US sites.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Both UK based.

Not sure why shipping from the US is so damned expensive but I don't touch the US sites.
I can't believe you took that bait...I was sure someone would fall for it.

Yeah the US shipping is nasty. Tried to buy some $9 tyres from jenson last year and it was going to be $80 per tyre delivery! Similar on "team" helmets with my buddies a while ago. $11/helmet seemed reasonable for a day of laughs...$40/helmet delivery killed the fun.

USAebay is filled with shops that with ignore shipping restrictions.

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
I can't believe you took that bait...I was sure someone would fall for it.

Yeah the US shipping is nasty. Tried to buy some $9 tyres from jenson last year and it was going to be $80 per tyre delivery! Similar on "team" helmets with my buddies a while ago. $11/helmet seemed reasonable for a day of laughs...$40/helmet delivery killed the fun.

USAebay is filled with shops that with ignore shipping restrictions.
You wouldn't believe how many Fu£€tards there are on Rotorburn. Never assume people aren't stupid, usually they are.