Chain reaction cycles

rednightmare

Likes Dirt
Edit: You say you ordered a helmet from them, do they come AS stickered?

Given how long things are taking to arrive from CRC these days (12 working days is becoming pretty standard, thank you Royal Mail), I think from now on I'll be shifting to Aus distributors wherever possible & looking to Mountain Bikes Direct as well. Some things are marginally more expensive, but still great prices & I'd prefer to go local.

If I really wanted to have a clean conscience I guess I'd be buying from my LBS, but I still can't convince myself to pay twice the price for that feel-good moment. Probably because it would be followed shortly after by a much worse moment of pain delivered by the wife for spending to much money.
It was a D3 from mountainbikesdirect and was about $300 cheaper than CRC... And that's a negative on the AS sticker.

moorey

call me Mia
Ok, I have been supporting crc, but a little jack of them at the moment.
Order arrived with a part missing, after a week of taking to them, they said they sent a replacement, it didn't come, I had to wait the mandatory 3 weeks, still didn't come, so I have filled out a lost item claim and they are sending ANOTHER. I don't even need this thing any more, I had to source one myself. First world problem, I know, but it's been over 8 weeks since first ordering, and it's still potentially weeks away.

Also. Stop advertising the expired 10% off voucher, it's long expired :rant:

rmvvwls

Likes Bikes
Well shit. I ordered some gear two weeks ago and it arrived via DHL in 4 days, which I thought was pretty awesome.

The order from Sunday was shipped with Royal Mail, so now I'm wondering if I'll ever see it...

Gripo

Eats Squid
That's hilarious
It was a wtf moment, I figured the "new guy" was picking my order.....

Though when contacted and explained CRC naturally did offer to fix, though ironically the are out of stock of the hose.

This is the first hicup in several yrs of great service.

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
Don't laugh. CRC did this to me with gear cable outers. Ordered 2metres got 2 x 1 metre lengths. Seriously???
Me too, real PITA when you order everything you need to do the job and you're short full length outers. I've just taken to getting my from the LBS where they just cut it off the reel for me.

Well shit. I ordered some gear two weeks ago and it arrived via DHL in 4 days, which I thought was pretty awesome.

The order from Sunday was shipped with Royal Mail, so now I'm wondering if I'll ever see it...
Be prepared to wait. Anything that has come DHL has been quick (3-4 days), anything Royal Mail is royally slow (3 weeks or so). I should just start padding my orders with bulky things, that seems to make them use DHL for the free shipping. Might end up with a few water bottles I don't need though.

Purchased a bell super helmet from mountain bike direct. Has Australian standards sticker.
It was a D3 from mountainbikesdirect and was about $300 cheaper than CRC... And that's a negative on the AS sticker.
So that's one each way. Bummer.
What's the ruling on non-AS stickered helmets in Aus anyway, does it void your insurance if you take a spill, or is that just for race events & the event insurance?

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
So that's one each way. Bummer.
What's the ruling on non-AS stickered helmets in Aus anyway, does it void your insurance if you take a spill, or is that just for race events & the event insurance?
You can apply for a waiver from somewhere which is basically the equivalent of the sticker as far as i know

rmvvwls

Likes Bikes

It arrived this morning. 9 days isn't too bad.

Now I gotta shorten brake cables.

morticus

Likes Dirt
I put through an order with evanscycles.com - ordered some new fork seals and brake barb olives (in stock), along with a new brake lever (at remote warehouse, allow an extra 5-7 days for delivery) and guess what? the brake lever showed up in 10 business days, the other package hasn't? starting to think it was lost, as it I received confirmation it was posted 3 days before the brake lever.

moorey

call me Mia
Crc.
Set of lock on grips, 5 weeks to come, missing proprietary bolts.
Ask for refund/return or spare bolts. They send out replacement grips. One month, no show.
Send me replacement replacements, 3 weeks, finally arrive. Wrong cunting colour. White grips? Fuck you :rant:

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Crc.
Set of lock on grips, 5 weeks to come, missing proprietary bolts.
Ask for refund/return or spare bolts. They send out replacement grips. One month, no show.
Send me replacement replacements, 3 weeks, finally arrive. Wrong cunting colour. White grips? Fuck you :rant:
White grips will look great on that rigid SS 29er you are gradually working towards owning.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
White grips look awesome until you do something with them. Stick them on for the for sale pics.

I recently had a run of stuff from crc failing. Emailed tyem the details and in no time at all the issue was resolved. A vast improvment over some recent experiences with them.

moorey

call me Mia
White grips look awesome until you do something with them. Stick them on for the for sale pics.

I recently had a run of stuff from crc failing. Emailed tyem the details and in no time at all the issue was resolved. A vast improvment over some recent experiences with them.
Robena and I have flung at least 15 emails back and forward over this. They have always been great in the past, and they seem to have been trying sort this, but seriously, I give up on this one. :rant: