Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Mitchkip

Likes Bikes
My toys!
evo early days.jpg
evo now.jpg
gix.jpg

Bike now has a Laser Exhaust (Sounds epic, lots of crackles and pops.)

Evo is off the road until June (Long story involving a year in court for not doing anything.)

Once it's back there's plans for 300kw ATW though!

stirk

Burner
My toys!

Evo is off the road until June (Long story involving a year in court for not doing anything.)

Once it's back there's plans for 300kw ATW though!
Looks like you need to slow down to a crawl to go over speed bumps with that car, LOL,

when you get your car back that is!!

So why's she off the road for not doing anything?

Mitchkip

Likes Bikes
Looks like you need to slow down to a crawl to go over speed bumps with that car, LOL,

when you get your car back that is!!

So why's she off the road for not doing anything?
Haha, it's nowhere near as bad as my old R33 GTST was though! that was painful for anything bigger than a stick!

Off the road by choice - was lazy with my car licence - still on P plates with an exemption and was fined twice whilst inside my exemption rules. Fought for a year in court, $7000 or thereabouts in legal representation, sent to traffic school and just don't want to have to go through it all again for not doing anything illegal.

Outcome is I kept my licence, both fines dropped though I still had to take a good behavior bond for not doing anything wrong.

Just not worth the risk man, I haven't driven my car in almost 18 months now - killing me!

Mitchkip

Likes Bikes
Ouch! Too many rules now for young drivers. I feel for you guys, but then they relax rules for motorbikes
Worst part is I'm 27! Been fully licensed on crotch rockets for years but can't pilot my land barge that's essentially stock!

Ah well, 18 months down, 7 months to go!

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
10483127_10152747851337193_7294567788708195734_n.jpg

Oh yeah, I bought this in September.

MY13 WRX. Is stock for now (still under warranty and don't want to void it).

#taxdeductibleboost

oriion

Likes Dirt
My latest purchase:

1965/6 Plymouth Barracuda
1 owner / Zero rust / unrestored original condition / matching numbers / original logbooks
Factory Aircon
Slant 225 column Auto
All little bits and pieces are accounted for, needs little to no work.

Always wanted one of these, came across it by complete accident.

Attachments

binner

Hath shat hymself
My latest purchase:

1965/6 Plymouth Barracuda
1 owner / Zero rust / unrestored original condition / matching numbers / original logbooks
Factory Aircon
Slant 225 column Auto
All little bits and pieces are accounted for, needs little to no work.

Always wanted one of these, came across it by complete accident.
Holy shit, now that's a nice score, was the coin worth it?

oriion

Likes Dirt
Holy shit, now that's a nice score, was the coin worth it?
For a 1 owner rust free unrestored completely original car with full log books and history that has been on my dream list for 20 years then yep, sure was.

For the record I paid $11500.00 - anyone that knows their cars knows this is a gift.

binner

Hath shat hymself
For a 1 owner rust free unrestored completely original car with full log books and history that has been on my dream list for 20 years then yep, sure was.

For the record I paid $11500.00 - anyone that knows their cars knows this is a gift.
That my friend was a bargain! Good find Good work!

Shredden

Knows his goats
Hey guys,

I have a 2004 Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B. I've done about 6000kms in it so far and usually check the fluids every 2000km. Today when I popped the bonnet I noticed a bit of dried up coolant sitting on top of the radiator. Ive attached some pics so you can see what I mean, sorry that they are upside down and huge haha. Should I be worried? How do I fix it? Cheers.

IMG_5539.jpg

IMG_5540.jpg

poita

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,

I have a 2004 Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B. I've done about 6000kms in it so far and usually check the fluids every 2000km. Today when I popped the bonnet I noticed a bit of dried up coolant sitting on top of the radiator. Ive attached some pics so you can see what I mean, sorry that they are upside down and huge haha. Should I be worried? How do I fix it? Cheers.

View attachment 303261

View attachment 303262
New radiator and hoses? Had it checked out by anyone yet?

oriion

Likes Dirt
excessively hot weather lately has probably increased your water pressure a bit and its bubbling out the top. Flush the coolant - shouldnt be an issue.

floody

Wheel size expert
excessively hot weather lately has probably increased your water pressure a bit and its bubbling out the top. Flush the coolant - shouldnt be an issue.

More likely the hose clamp lost tension or, as is common with subaru radiators, the plastic may have cracked on the hose neck, the tanks seem prone to cracking on subaru stuff with age.

Either way, probably time for some new hoses, clamps, coolant and perhaps a pressure test to be sure.

crash3

Likes Dirt
Howdy all, new to RB/Farkin, so here's my project car. Bought when I was 16 (holy crap that is 8 years ago :shocked:) to start competing rallies in, then when at uni I decided to pay for food, rent and textbooks rather than rallies.

Just finished uni, so once I've got a bit of bank built up I'll start pouring money back into him and get back out in the forest :)

-Jacob

datto.jpg

redbruce

Eats Squid
Hey guys,

No, no, and not necessarily (but a flush never hurts - just make sure you bleed it properly and carefully - another Subaru thang).

Common issue. Top radiator clamp is useless (they use them "cause cheap and easy to fit in manufacture).

Put a ss screw drive clamp on and it 'should' fix it but more than likely an old hose and all the 'give' in the hose (that allows a seal) will be gone.

When the hose is off clean the pipe with metho and check for cracks (as Floody pointed out - pretty common - on all cars thus equipped)

I would fit a new one for peace of mind and do the screw clamp up firm but not FT.

Last edited:

jjperko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
More likely the hose clamp lost tension or, as is common with subaru radiators, the plastic may have cracked on the hose neck, the tanks seem prone to cracking on subaru stuff with age.

Either way, probably time for some new hoses, clamps, coolant and perhaps a pressure test to be sure.
Had the same coolant marks on my Rex, ended up cracking the plastic neck on the radiator and saw the temp rise whilst driving. Cheap enough fix but could've been way worse.