a few pics from today

Beej1

... so many kids grow up wrapped in cotton wool i dont want my kid to be a little sook
I don't want her (or any kid with loving parents, for that matter) to grow up having senselessly lost one of said parents so early on. Yeah, the chances are small that you'll both crash hard enough and knock your head to the point its fatal or turns you into a vegetable. Yeah, I'm sitting on my arse using a keyboard to type this as opposed to typing it while riding a bike. Yeah, I probably wouldn't give you shit if I met you on the trails ... but I'd tell you this to your face without thinking twice: Just wear a fucken helmet dude. Why bother risking it?

butchapalooza

Likes Dirt
Butch, people aren't trying to be dickheads, they are trying to help you realise that you should be riding with a helmet. I have previously worked in a few neurosurgery wards around Melbourne. You can get a serious brain injury or die from a relatively mild knock to the head. You just need to be unlucky. And trust me, you do not want a brain injury. It is fucked up for you, and fucked up for those who have to look after you. Mountain biking is dangerous enough anyway, just do your bit to minimise the risk.
i actualy posted earlier in the thread that im still looking for a shop that sells dh helmets near me im itching to get a helmet so i can take the bike for a decent dh run until then i wont be taking it dh

Pastavore

Eats Squid
i actualy posted earlier in the thread that im still looking for a shop that sells dh helmets near me im itching to get a helmet so i can take the bike for a decent dh run until then i wont be taking it dh
Good on you butch. Even just a regular helmet on the dirt jumps would be a good idea too. Enjoy your bike :)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
she has seen things go wrong at the skatepark last year i had about 5 trips to hospital she even got to see my shin bone through one of my wounds all i can say is if thing go wrong im glad to have her there cause she is the first one everytime to get help when i cant move such a little trooper she also is not afraid of pain which is the best thing a kid can learn early so many kids grow up wrapped in cotton wool i dont want my kid to be a little sook
You've got to be fucking kidding...............are you high?

funny how so many fuckwits go on forums these days try to get some usefull help and get bombarded with wankers eat a dick cunts i bet you keyboard warriors wouldnt give me shit at the trails so why try here
I'd give you shit on the trails, especially if you showed up to my trails without a helmet on. Actually, I'd tell you to get off the trails altogether. Our sport has some great people in it but it does have it's share of dopey morons who think it's cool and okay to ride without a helmet.
What would you do in retaliation if I told you to stay off my trails without a helmet?

Kramer

FoBR
...i bet you keyboard warriors wouldnt give me shit at the trails so why try here
I would totally give you shit for not wearing a helmet. While I'm kinda concerned that my tax dollars may go towards piecing you skull back together, I'm more concerned about the crap example you are setting for your daughter and other kids out there. Wear a helmet.

BTW - you can get surf helmets too which are really handy for hitting those big fast, shallow reef breaks.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I would totally give you shit for not wearing a helmet. While I'm kinda concerned that my tax dollars may go towards piecing you skull back together, I'm more concerned about the crap example you are setting for your daughter and other kids out there. Wear a helmet.

BTW - you can get surf helmets too which are really handy for hitting those big fast, shallow reef breaks.

I was just about to say the same thing, that I'd definitely pull some one up if they were on the Ridge without a lid. The last thing I want is some one to get headed on my favourite trails and risk them being closed.

In saying that though, this clearly is a troll, which is why I prefer to discuss flying candles and the like.

danncam

Likes Dirt
l... frankston area...
I live in Frankston area, I think the only decent shop to deal with for MTB stuff is Sealys. Their main shop is near the Bunnings in Mornington, as well as a smaller shop in Wells rd Frankston.
They have been good to deal with; I bought my daughter's roadie and my new Norco from them. I would trust them before anyone else around that end of town for work on a bike.

danncam

Likes Dirt
took my new dh bike to some local dirt jumps to learn how to jump on it still got some work to go but learning how to pop it up a little now photos where taken by my 3 year old daughter with my phoneView attachment 306392View attachment 306394
Good shots by your young-un.

You've certainly brightened up a slow Friday arvo reading everyone's concern for your welfare. I'm not sure if it is a case of trolls trolling a troll or not, seems like a fairly innocuous post followed by some serious flaming, but that's what forums are for...aren't they?

Either way good luck with the bike and getting a helmet.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
funny how so many fuckwits go on forums these days try to get some usefull help and get bombarded with wankers eat a dick cunts i bet you keyboard warriors wouldnt give me shit at the trails so why try here
This thread delivers, yes more than a few of us cunts would give you shit at the trails, we'd also be the people doing CPR on you...

It surprises me that you can't actually comprehend that your in the wrong by not wearing a helmet. What is you life or the quality of your life worth... the wind in your hair? While death or a brain injury is highly unlikely the consequences are extreme if it does occur.

From another person who has worked in neuro rehab:

Call into Epworth Eastern (Richmond) traumatic brain injury ward it's full of young males, many with families, who are learning to talk, walk and wipe their own arses. I haven't met one person in their that doesn't regret not wearing a helmet. And the ones that where wearing a helmet are alive because of it. They even have a program teaching you to ride again.

Last edited:

danncam

Likes Dirt
I haven't worked in a neuro ward but have been to a few arrests in one when I was a CCU nurse. Slightly irresponsible for riding a dirt jump sans helmet, yep, end of the world call the press and child protection, nah.
The jumps are dirt, not a rocky down hill track. The worst thing you can do with your head is hit something that is very hard. I think you'd be at more risk going out drinking in an urban environment with concrete and steel everywhere than mucking round on your new bike in front of your toddler.
I am sure all the shocked burners have never been backpacking and ridden a motorbike in a third world country helmetless, or done a burnout when on their P's back in the 80s etc etc.